The UTAH JAZZ Support Group thread: Majorly updated.

Just found this. Eight minutes of Gobert defense.
Keep in mind: this is not a worst-of/best-of type of compilation. Just some basically random situations where Rudy Gobert was the closest defender to the shooter. I think it offers a nice look at player's capabilities.

Prime Tyson Chandler all day, except it took him a lot less time than it did Tys. I don't really know what that means for his actual peak in like six years, but I think the rest of the league should be terrified.

Last edited:
10-3 in the last 13.

Another lockdown. A Hayward-less offense is pretty frightening, though. Even against the Knicks.
@DJJazzyJody: Coach Q said opponents' effective FG% is his measuring stick on defense. Jazz are ranked No. 13 (49.4 eFG%) on the season.
I like this guy. It's surely top-three since the trade, too.

Also, I had a dream that they were trying to trade for Eric Bledsoe. :smokin

Hayward is questionable for the Rockets. That's not likely to go well.

Either way, I hope Exum matches up against Harden often. Let's really test what the kid has on defense.

Kev how do you feel about Burke? You think he can make it as a starter in this league, or best off the bench? His shot selection could be iffy, but he's got some balls as a player.

With the team performing as well as it has, him off the bench to score and Exum starting for defense might be the plan going forward.

He's really perplexing. I change my mind about him every few games. He seems to have the clutch gene, but these disastrous shooting nights happen too often. I like him as more of a "true" point guard, but his size and athleticism sometimes makes it difficult for him to get in the paint. And the bench role kind of forces him to be more of a scorer.

12-3 in the last 15.

Maybe the best offensive game of Favors' career. It geniunely seems like he gets better on that end every time out.

The rookies were low-key huge, too.

And to touch on Burke a day after that last post, he scored the final bucket in a one-possession game after being three for his last 29. :lol:

This is enjoyable.

Last edited:
Reading through various pre-draft scouting reports on Gobert...

His length and wingspan could compensate for his build, but he might be better served as a stretch-four going forward.
Despite his length, Gobert isn't much of a rebounder.
Is a poor defensive rebounder.
He's not all that athletic.
If you're looking for an immediate impact player, perhaps look elsewhere.
He has a mild demeanor, sometimes he appears to play with a reduced gear, lacking much competitive fire.
At times, his lack of a great feel for the game becomes apparent as he fails to recognize plays before they develop.
Yikes. Not to mention all the flack he caught for his combine sprint times.

"Poor defensive rebounder."

Averaging nine defensive rebounds per game as a starter.

"Not all that athletic."

Can't run the floor?

The stretch-four comment. :rofl:

Last edited:
Rodney Hood has been an animal the past 5 games. He is having a lot of fun out there. Lights out shooting last night

12-24 from the line in a four-point game. :smh:

Forced two improbable dead-ball turnovers and had a chance, though. Didn't love the last real possession.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom