The UTAH JAZZ Support Group thread: Majorly updated.

He's never looked like he's been interested in playing basketball. Wasn't big on him at UCONN a either. He was awful that year without Kemba when he was supposed to be the guy.

I wonder if Utah could be sold on D'Angelo Russell. Maybe Exum's best spot is the 2 and Burke stinks.

Utah won't be able to sniff Russell unless they Cleveland come up tho. He's goin 3-4 easy.

I had mixed feelings about Burke coming into the draft (and I really wanted Schroder), but then he roped me in a little bit with play that reminded me of Chris Paul at times. The scoring ability that was suppose to be there just isn't there consistently enough. His lack of athleticism causes him to struggle getting into and finishing in the paint (30.1% from 3-10 feet, 50.9% from 0-3), and he is a volume shooter. And he doesn't defend.

Last edited:
Looking at Exum's finishing percentages, in comparison to Burke's...

He is at 73.7% from 0-3 feet (to Burke's 50.9). That figure is up there with the LeBron's (career: 72.5) and the Durant's (72.2) of the world, and much better than Westbrook (57.4), who is more comparable in size. Whoa. Obviously, they can score in other ways that Exum may never be able to, and it's one season, but that's pretty crazy. Especially considering that he isn't very strong yet.

I'll take an elite finisher with playmaking ability for others and lockdown potential on the other end.

Last edited:
Huh. The Jazz might get Pleiss out of his contract and bring him over soon.

Didn't expect that.

Last edited:
Jazz signed Bryce Cotton to a 10-day contract.

Head-scratching shot selection throughout much of his scoring bursts at Providence, but his name stuck out to me when I saw the tweet on my timeline today:

The 2014 point-guard crop during their last year in school, from DraftExpress:

View media item 1416816

@Lockedonsports Gobert and Favors have started seven games together. Of those seven, they have held the Bulls, Blazers and Spurs to season-lows in points.
@Lockedonsports In the seven games that Favors and Gobert have started together, the Jazz are allowing 89.4 points per. The Grizzlies are best at 94.

@Lockedonsports The Jazz are up to 14th in the Hollinger computer rankings. Also, Hollinger playoff odds projects them to win 15 of their last 27 games.
@Lockedonsports Hollinger playoff odds projects the Jazz to win 36 games, which would make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.
Easiest remaining strength of schedule in the West.

They aren't going to make the playoffs, and they aren't going to lose enough to be anywhere near the front of the draft. Almost always, that is a terrible place to be. But, I truly believe in late-season success mattering here. They are almost ready to fight for the postseason for real, and this is still a huge opportunity for growth.

5-19 to start the season. 15-15 since. Some great wins already, and a chance to keep building with next year in mind. I'm not even thinking about the draft for once. Just continue to improve, and put the league on notice.

Last edited:
This is the frustration with this young team. Gotta learn to be on every night. That Lakers team has no business beating anyone right now.

Back
Top Bottom