The Walking Dead - Official Thread

The way the Governor has been portrayed on the show, it's hard to picture him as they want us to picture him. I can't quite put it into words but there is the Governor as how he comes across from his acting and mannerisms, and then there is the Governor as we are supposed to imagine him. The two don't match. The Governor in the comics and what he did to Maggie fit the overall story a lot better.

My other gripe -- this show does a terrible job of running multiple stories at the same time. Think of most good shows: there are multiple stories running at the same time. Each carries a significant portion of the show and each is rich enough to carry an episode on its own. It makes it easy to fill the hour and to spend a whole season developing a plot.

In the Walking Dead, we have pretty much one group, one story, and they have to follow that single, linear path through the entire season. Imagine if we had 3 parallel stories, and only in the finale do they all link up. For some reason the writers of the Walking Dead don't understand this concept.
nice post, agree 10000 percent

I felt I was watching Fox News when Rick and the Governor lied to their groups.

Hershel's conversation with Milton was funny "need take me out before I show you some leg" lol

***Speculation, not spoiler***

I think that Andrea or Merle is gonna be the person to deal the final blow to the governor.

HOPING that Morgan shows up clutch and rejoins after coming to his senses..

I haven't read the comics though, so I have no idea where they're going after the prison. Can't wait to see the fireworks go off during these last episodes.

Didn’t realize there were only 3 episodes left

Episode was boring I don’t care what you guys say

It would be crazy if there was a trader in the group but I doubt it

Rick and them should have took everyone out at the meeting place
Trading what is the question.

The way the Governor has been portrayed on the show, it's hard to picture him as they want us to picture him. I can't quite put it into words but there is the Governor as how he comes across from his acting and mannerisms, and then there is the Governor as we are supposed to imagine him. The two don't match. The Governor in the comics and what he did to Maggie fit the overall story a lot better.

My other gripe -- this show does a terrible job of running multiple stories at the same time. Think of most good shows: there are multiple stories running at the same time. Each carries a significant portion of the show and each is rich enough to carry an episode on its own. It makes it easy to fill the hour and to spend a whole season developing a plot.

In the Walking Dead, we have pretty much one group, one story, and they have to follow that single, linear path through the entire season. Imagine if we had 3 parallel stories, and only in the finale do they all link up. For some reason the writers of the Walking Dead don't understand this concept.
Yes and no. When I think about what you're talking about in recent memory I think of how amazingly Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire pull this off (Mad Men too). Cuz they'll really have separate stories running parallel that'll come together when they wrap a season up. However, not all shows go for this format and still manage to be really good. There was another ep this season I felt would've paid off better if they went back and forth with what was going on in the prison. This ep that did it wasn't all that great with it's use. I would like if they just showed random new characters as if they were important and killed them off but they did something important that'd link up with Rick's crew down the line sorta like the plan for the helicopter army pilot/army dude in the tank they had planned for w/e season premiere.
I think most of you guys just need to pickup RE6
This x a milla.
One cutscene from re6>>>1 season of the walking dead.
A video game isn't going to replace (what ppl want from) a tv show.

Last edited:
Yes and no. When I think about what you're talking about in recent memory I think of how amazingly Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire pull this off (Mad Men too). Cuz they'll really have separate stories running parallel that'll come together when they wrap a season up. However, not all shows go for this format and still manage to be really good. There was another ep this season I felt would've paid off better if they went back and forth with what was going on in the prison. This ep that did it wasn't all that great with it's use. I would like if they just showed random new characters as if they were important and killed them off but they did something important that'd link up with Rick's crew down the line sorta like the plan for the helicopter army pilot/army dude in the tank they had planned for w/e season premiere.

yeah I agree. Shows like breaking bad or house of cards largely follow a single character but still manage to keep it interesting.

So let me just say this. The show needs a more complex plot. What they have now is incredibly simple. And whenever they try to weave in something more (Andrea's dilemma in choosing sides, Rick's psychosis, etc.), it somehow ends up feeling contrived and dull. Part of the reason, in my opinion, is that the characters themselves are often not believable. That's why the Morgan episode was compelling. We could empathize with him. But outside of that one example (and perhaps CDC guy and a couple others), they seem too lazy to work on realistic characters. It's easier to create this upcoming prison war when you don't have to worry about justifying everyone's motivations in a believable way.

That said, I'm still a loyal watcher.

How is this a spoiler? Seems like those are those his predictions, or we putting those in spoilers too.
Thats NOT a prediction

thats all ima say

he has to be trolling

the ending to the season was posted on another forum
oh. well considering thats nothing close to what happened in the comics i and others thought it was a prediction.  spoilers you say
laugh.gif

oh well. weve all come to expect them.

I have a feeling that next week's ep is gonna be half 'filler' as well, since the guvnor gave rick 2 days to make his mind up.
i doubt they're gonna go to war straight away

found it funny when they came back from commercial and the rating warnings popped up on the top of the screen L S V (I was like language, sex? violence) Next thing I know Glen laying the pipe to the farmers daughter again lol

Anyone sense a trader within the group? Meryl being the most obvious even Daryl? Dude was held captive with the gov in Woodbury for a minute. Dude is a non-comic character, so there is no real line to follow, someone tipped the gov about the weapons

The gov even said something like your next to the devil and you don't even know, maybe foreshadowing someone is willing to give up the group

That devil comment he made when he was talking about how Shane his best friend could be the father of the child with Lori. I think he was referring to either Lori or Shane as the devil. Then Rick said something like oh I am next to devil (referring to the governor)

I have a feeling that next week's ep is gonna be half 'filler' as well, since the guvnor gave rick 2 days to make his mind up.
i doubt they're gonna go to war straight away
I would hope it's something like next ep the 2 days have passed and it's the morning of the meet and they're gearing up for war, they'll stall that for a half hr, then last half **** is going down. Then the next ep **** is going down the whole time and finale is **** concluding and a herd of walkers come and wipe all this petty **** away and they're all on the run.

I would really hope instead of waiting Rick attacks the very next day. No need in waiting 2 days. Attack the day before.

Thats NOT a prediction

thats all ima say

he has to be trolling

the ending to the season was posted on another forum

1st im not trolling.. Im speculating with my post. Never visited other forums or even thread about Walking dead. people here posted a lot of their OWN prediction how this season will end.

I guess you are the one spoiling things out by confirming my post was close enough to whats going to happen or whatever posted on that forum.

I want this season to end with Tyrese being signaled by phillip to shoot Rick ala reservoir dogs style.

Tyrese is the only one with the gun, but he decides not to shoot Rick.

He tells phillip, "couldn't squeeze the tr****."

I'm going to sleep.

im hoping the governor gets offed next week and then we get 2 weeks of seeing what next years problem/story is going to be

i know last year when they showed the prison towards the end i got a little excited

Yea, I agree. They dont really make you hate him. Hell, everyone hates andrea more than they hate the governor. Sure he did some semi-shady snarf, but he really isnt that day and night from Rick.
Really, I dont see why Rick dislike him so much, or why michonne hated him so much in the beginning. it was just weird.

***Speculation, not spoiler***

I think that Andrea or Merle is gonna be the person to deal the final blow to the governor.

HOPING that Morgan shows up clutch and rejoins after coming to his senses..

I haven't read the comics though, so I have no idea where they're going after the prison. Can't wait to see the fireworks go off during these last episodes.

I think this happens for some reason

Back
Top Bottom