The Walking Dead - Official Thread

So I'm watching the marathon and I'm not sure why the slander on season 2, it was a pretty solid season, can't front I miss Shane....that whole scene when he opened up the barn, dude played that scene great.

Nah, man. The first 4-6 episodes of the second season were real boring, then it took off and was good 'til the end. The second season had a spectacular ending, so it's easy to forget how lame the first part of it was.

:rofl:

im curious to know how would yall continue out season 4 and 5

i think this would be a good discussion

I believe NT imagination would come up with some good ideas
Starting off from behind the scenes, I'd hire the writers from Breaking Bad since they're all out of jobs, hire a better showrunner, I dunno maybe the one form LOST. We'd slowly bring in better actors in S4.

Story wise, I'd do another seasonal time skip and bring the show in to the summer.. Mad hot. Then I wouldn't even focus on the main cast in the season premiere we'd be in like North Carolina or something and following the lives of 2 or 3 different ppl/groups of ppl. One would be a group of immigrants, then one guy alone riding a H3, and another group. The other groups would be in a tight spot with a lot of walkers. Then in the end of that ep we'd show the main cast show up and save that group.

The whole season would have ppl constantly on the move going northeast. The villains for the season would be cannibals. We'd have a better focus on the characters, they'd actually mean something to the story. Actors would be better. Of course the cool stuff I really have in mind probably wouldn't be allowed by AMC.

As long as it's a Hummer with a 3 painted on the side, that would be dope. :wink:

Last edited:
So I'm watching the marathon and I'm not sure why the slander on season 2, it was a pretty solid season, can't front I miss Shane....that whole scene when he opened up the barn, dude played that scene great.
You gotta look at it from our old perspective.

1. We didn't give up on the dream of this being a great show like Deadwood or early Lost.
2. We went from a new place/situation every ep, to the farm every ep.
3. They slammed the brakes hard early in the season.
4. We didn't realize better actors weren't coming.
5. We didn't know the characters would all get flatter and thinner next season.
6. We didn't know Shane would have more great actor moments s2 than everyone in the season 3 cast combined. :smh:
7. The comic book readers kept telling us...wait til Michonne and Tyrese. :rolleyes
8. The comic book readers used the promise of the prison and the Governor as an excuse to be mad at nothing happening. :nerd:
9. Lori...Andrea...Lori...Carl...Lori...Dale...Lori........Lori. >:

Yea...now, knowing how Lori's story ends, it's easier to watch her.
It's not that big of a reach saying season 2 was better than this season.

Last edited:
You gotta look at it from our old perspective.

1. We didn't give up on the dream of this being a great show like Deadwood or early Lost.
2. We went from a new place/situation every ep, to the farm every ep.
3. They slammed the brakes hard early in the season.
4. We didn't realize better actors weren't coming.
5. We didn't know the characters would all get flatter and thinner next season.
6. We didn't know Shane would have more great actor moments s2 than everyone in the season 3 cast combined. :smh:
7. The comic book readers kept telling us...wait til Michonne and Tyrese. :rolleyes
8. The comic book readers used the promise of the prison and the Governor as an excuse to be mad at nothing happening. :nerd:
9. Lori...Andrea...Lori...Carl...Lori...Dale...Lori........Lori. >:

Yea...now, knowing how Lori's story ends, it's easier to watch her.
It's not that big of a reach saying season 2 was better than this season.

I think that's what it is, I like season 3 although its become redundant with the whole Woodbury crap, a full season surrounding the same ishh....in retrospect and knowing the outcome and where certain characters are now, is cool to watch season 2 over...the chemistry between Herschel and Rick, Glen meeting Maggie, Rick finding out about Shane, Carl looking like such a kid still, really enjoying season 2...even to see how Darryl's attitude has mellowed down, dude was still very much a loner in season 2

The guys Rick killed in the bar, don't recall them ever saying where they were from or who they were. The lil dude Shane killed to setup Rick described where they were living and it sounded a lot like Woodbury.

I think that's what it is, I like season 3 although its become redundant with the whole Woodbury crap, a full season surrounding the same ishh....in retrospect and knowing the outcome and where certain characters are now, is cool to watch season 2 over...the chemistry between Herschel and Rick, Glen meeting Maggie, Rick finding out about Shane, Carl looking like such a kid still, really enjoying season 2...even to see how Darryl's attitude has mellowed down, dude was still very much a loner in season 2

Yeah, season 2 was great from the second half on. The Shane/Rick/Lori angle was a good mix. This Woodbury thing has gone too far. They could have wrapped it up a long time ago. Hershel is a terrible actor too. Check out Falling Skies if you like post apocalyptic shows.

The guys Rick killed in the bar, don't recall them ever saying where they were from or who they were. The lil dude Shane killed to setup Rick described where they were living and it sounded a lot like Woodbury.

Last edited:
im curious to know how would yall continue out season 4 and 5

i think this would be a good discussion

I believe NT imagination would come up with some good ideas

something something Negan.
After seeing what they did to Tyrese and the Governor I know they'd ruin Negan. He wouldn't do most of what he did in the comics and he probably wouldn't even talk the same. Probably look different too :smh:

Looking at that list I can say as a comic reader sorry the show never came through for yall like the comics did for us.

@ksteezy you have to also keep in mind you're watching the whole season in one go not waiting weeks in between, you're already hooked on the show so you'll probably be more apologetic and accepting of what's going on. There may even be some false nostalgia in there re-watching old eps.

@JChambers

In season 2, Rick and Glenn went to look for Herschel. They found him in a bar drinking. Some guys came in the bar, and right away Rick knew he couldn't trust them. They conversated for a minute and then Rick killed them. Just don't recall the show ever touching on who they were or where they were from.

After seeing what they did to Tyrese and the Governor I know they'd ruin Negan. He wouldn't do most of what he did in the comics and he probably wouldn't even talk the same. Probably look different too :smh:

Looking at that list I can say as a comic reader sorry the show never came through for yall like the comics did for us.

@ksteezy you have to also keep in mind you're watching the whole season in one go not waiting weeks in between, you're already hooked on the show so you'll probably be more apologetic and accepting of what's going on. There may even be some false nostalgia in there re-watching old eps.

you could be right, im invested in the show emotionally, one thing ill say is if they off Darryl, my love for the show will go with it, i used to feel that way about Glen but something tells me hes time is up next week.

no wayyyyyy...i loved Dale!....lmao...that scene where he called out Shane is one of the funniest moments in that show, his facial expressions were so forced it was pure comedy :lol:

@JChambers

In season 2, Rick and Glenn went to look for Herschel. They found him in a bar drinking. Some guys came in the bar, and right away Rick knew he couldn't trust them. They conversated for a minute and then Rick killed them. Just don't recall the show ever touching on who they were or where they were from.

Yeah I remember. I don't think that they were from Woodbury though. It would be a strange thing for them to bring back up and i don't really see a purpose for it.

Crazy how Herschel's character pretty much replaced Dales :lol:
Herschel >>>>>>>>> Dale. Don't Even. :lol:

:rofl:

All of the acting on that show is terrible to me.

Last edited:
^Ayyy. :lol:
no wayyyyyy...i loved Dale!....lmao...that scene where he called out Shane is one of the funniest moments in that show, his facial expressions were so forced it was pure comedy :lol:
Aight...if you could laugh it off without wanting to reach in the screen and slap the taste outta his scene-killing ***, that's another story. :lol:

Last edited:
Good episode, was tough watching the final scence with Daryl and zombie Merle. Dont really think Merle shouldve went the whole "self-sacrifice" route, he couldve been more of an asset if he went back to the prison and fought with the group. I think they wouldve eventually accepted him.

Dont know what it is but Glen is really starting to annoy me, seems like everytime he talks hes about to cry.

Dale's pleas fell on deaf ears.

Brb

killing prisonor

killing woodbury citizens

allow carl to have his own gun

let stranger die

kill anyone who threatens the group

Back
Top Bottom