The Walking Dead - Official Thread

how far is woodbury from the prison?
daryl walked and tracked his brother down pretty fast on foot

Last edited:
how far is woodbury from the prison?

daryl walked and tracked his brother down pretty fast on foot
Bout 10 min. away if you're anyone but Andrea.

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

7e243a1d_heart-attack_9.jpeg

Last edited:
almost 10 million viewers per episode and they have a low budget and D-class writers tho?

main problem with the show currently is that they are not on the move (season 2 and 3) compared to how much ground was covered in the first 6 episodes. There is no element of mystery anymore, the show is not making the viewers guess as to what they might encounter next let alone the wider picture of what started the zombie outbreak. Right now its just a 9 on 9 soap opera with the walkers being a minor inconvenience. The main point is that they need to be constantly moving for the show to be suspenseful and interesting e.g. the best episode of this season was when they went to the town and came across Morgan.

having said that, im still gonna watch the show because GOT is not on yet and of the time i already invested.

That's why I said next season they need to be heading north to DC and run into things along the way (more people, more deaths, more supplies, group split ups) then at the end of season 4 have them finally reach DC and it shows a glimpse of a DC around the city goin on like a normal city or a huge Woodbury. Then season 5 should be them in DC talkin to maybe some military guys n scientist about what they have seen and know as far as the virus maybe have Milton a part of the group n he tells the military guys they found signs of memory in a walker n BINGO the military guy sees how helpful the group can be and they slowly make there way to the president of the United States who is underground in a bunker in DC with a team working 24 hours with people around the world. That would up sooooo much mystery to show and people would be hooked again

That sounds almost as bad as the current writing on the show. You should send them your resume. I'm not watching next season if this Woodbury/prison garbage isn't wrapped up by the last episode. This show has become terrible.

who remembers the people that called the prison at the beginning of the season and rick talk ... i think the phone merle took might gave a hint or something

The phone was simply to knock Michonne out... Has no significance.. And the people that called was just Rick hearing things.

ite but then who was that person that led the walkers into the prison by placing the deer meat? :nerd:

almost 10 million viewers per episode and they have a low budget and D-class writers tho?

main problem with the show currently is that they are not on the move (season 2 and 3) compared to how much ground was covered in the first 6 episodes. There is no element of mystery anymore, the show is not making the viewers guess as to what they might encounter next let alone the wider picture of what started the zombie outbreak. Right now its just a 9 on 9 soap opera with the walkers being a minor inconvenience. The main point is that they need to be constantly moving for the show to be suspenseful and interesting e.g. the best episode of this season was when they went to the town and came across Morgan.

having said that, im still gonna watch the show because GOT is not on yet and of the time i already invested.
Almost all of this.  The part about the zombies becoming a minor inconvenience is kinda how the comic goes, so I can see why it would be that way.  After awhile, the initial fear and shock wears off and you learn to adapt.  But everything else I agree with.  Chilling at the prison, you won't encounter hordes of zombies, new enemies, etc.  It totally takes away the element of surprise.  I want to see more of the post zombie apocalypse world out there--not just the area between the prison and Woodbury.  They just need to off the Governor already and get on with the show--they've definitely dragged this Woodbury thing out long enough now.  

Damn, I didn't know you was so sensitive. Next time I'll say "darn". :lol: @ made me feel powerful. Sorry I didn't get your unfunny joke.
It wasn't meant to be funny. Not everyone is on NT in hopes of getting laughs. It was a sarcastic response to his prediction because I feel that it is very possible. Sensitive? Far from it. Just as you interpreted my post as an actual joke meant to make you laugh, I interpreted your post incorrectly. People normally curse to talk down, show aggression, or because their vocabulary is short. Which was it for you?
You said it was a joke. Not me. I did not interpret what you said as a joke to make ppl laugh. Call me crazy for assuming that when someone says they were making a joke they're intent was to be funny. So now you're saying it was a joke not meant to make ppl laugh :lol: Ok, then I'm not sorry you decided to be sarcastic and you had to explain that you were.

I'll just go back to thinking you were serious and I simply addressed that ridiculous notion of spoiler tagging a prediction whether it's possible or probable.

FTR, I definitely do not consider "damn" a curse word :lol: I mean if it was I'd assume it'd be censored on this forum like all the other curse words.

That's why I said next season they need to be heading north to DC and run into things along the way (more people, more deaths, more supplies, group split ups) then at the end of season 4 have them finally reach DC and it shows a glimpse of a DC around the city goin on like a normal city or a huge Woodbury. Then season 5 should be them in DC talkin to maybe some military guys n scientist about what they have seen and know as far as the virus maybe have Milton a part of the group n he tells the military guys they found signs of memory in a walker n BINGO the military guy sees how helpful the group can be and they slowly make there way to the president of the United States who is underground in a bunker in DC with a team working 24 hours with people around the world. That would up sooooo much mystery to show and people would be hooked again

That sounds almost as bad as the current writing on the show. You should send them your resume. I'm not watching next season if this Woodbury/prison garbage isn't wrapped up by the last episode. This show has become terrible.
Word. I'm fine with going to DC and coming to another community and all that but I don't care for the president in a bunker or going that in depth about how the virus came to be. I don't want them to start searching for a cure. The way I see it I like the idea of the gov't already crumbling and the president and any other ppl in leadership positions dead. It'd be cool to see a walker Obama.

The show at it's core really isn't about a mystery. I'm sure some zombie viewers would still follow it though but unless it's done as good as LOST I know I'm not checking in. It'd come off like all the other failed mystery suspense shows since LOST like V, Flash Forward, Zero Hour, etc.

Last edited:
@Buddah Bless

Instead of saying it was a joke, I should've said the context of my post was in a joking manner. I really didn't mean that his prediction needed to be in a spoiler. IMO his prediction is very possible and I somewhat believe it will actually happen similar to how he put it. Therefore, in a joking manner, I made the spoiler comment.

Damn not curse word? Could you say it to your parents as a child? It's not as vulgar as other curse words, but it's still considered one depending on usage. I just felt there was no need for you to add that. "It was just a prediction" sounds less aggressive than "it was a damn prediction".

Apologies if I took you wrongly.

Last edited:
who remembers the people that called the prison at the beginning of the season and rick talk ... i think the phone merle took might gave a hint or something

The phone was simply to knock Michonne out... Has no significance.. And the people that called was just Rick hearing things.

ite but then who was that person that led the walkers into the prison by placing the deer meat? :nerd:

The prisoner that rick thought he trapped with all those walkers.

the show needs to start teasing a cure/hope again, like they did in season 1

the show needs to start teasing a cure/hope again, like they did in season 1

nah I don't think the writers are smart enough to enter that again with the way they are currently writing. I mean when they introduced it in season 1 it was lackluster. 1st half before the whole cure thing was straight, once they got into that CDC center or whatever it was called, not that good.

some good news as far as the writing goes (I hope), the show runner for season 4 will be the guy who wrote the episode with Morgan which was pretty much the consensus best episode of season 3 right?

im curious to know how would yall continue out season 4 and 5

i think this would be a good discussion

I believe NT imagination would come up with some good ideas

some good news as far as the writing goes (I hope), the show runner for season 4 will be the guy who wrote the episode with Morgan which was pretty much the consensus best episode of season 3 right?

That episode was wack too. It was good because we didn't have to see the whole borefest that is Woodbury/prison for a whole episode. The first season of this show was superb, the second season was boring as hell until the middle, then it got good. This whole season has been a big letdown to me.

So I'm watching the marathon and I'm not sure why the slander on season 2, it was a pretty solid season, can't front I miss Shane....that whole scene when he opened up the barn, dude played that scene great.

im curious to know how would yall continue out season 4 and 5

i think this would be a good discussion

I believe NT imagination would come up with some good ideas
Starting off from behind the scenes, I'd hire the writers from Breaking Bad since they're all out of jobs, hire a better showrunner, I dunno maybe the one form LOST. We'd slowly bring in better actors in S4.

Story wise, I'd do another seasonal time skip and bring the show in to the summer.. Mad hot. Then I wouldn't even focus on the main cast in the season premiere we'd be in like North Carolina or something and following the lives of 2 or 3 different ppl/groups of ppl. One would be a group of immigrants, then one guy alone riding a H3, and another group. The other groups would be in a tight spot with a lot of walkers. Then in the end of that ep we'd show the main cast show up and save that group.

The whole season would have ppl constantly on the move going northeast. The villains for the season would be cannibals. We'd have a better focus on the characters, they'd actually mean something to the story. Actors would be better. Of course the cool stuff I really have in mind probably wouldn't be allowed by AMC.

Back
Top Bottom