The Walking Dead - Official Thread

Sorry but this just sounds lazy and dumb to me. To base expectations on any work of fiction this way doesn't make sense. I'd rather base the show on what it actually does not something arbitrary. Then again I'm not in to the whole zombie culture thing so if that's how yall do it w/e. I mean aren't slow zombies the norm default? and fast zombies are relatively newer? Also even though I don't think TWD isn't good anymore, cheesy isn't the word that comes to mind.

If I were to go by what you just said then World War Z must be the worst zombie movie of the past 2 centuries. **** had fast zombies and still managed to be boring as ****
On the show I remember them talking about it was being up in the air if he was gonna return. Story wise he definitely was supposed to come back.
You must've missed out on NT's LOST thread with this talk :lol:

lol I always stayed out of there for 1. I never watched the show and 2. I saw from the preview dudes were writing dissertations in there lol

Morgan is the best actor on the show by far. Which is sad because we've seen him 4 times in a what....6 year span?
how can he be the best if we don't know anything about him? 
IMO, the episode where Rick and him meet up again after he lost his son was easily the best performance I've seen from anyone during any of the seasons. Scene definitely had my attention.

Last edited:
my question is like did the president and like top govt get eaten too? 

and if so then are the zombie numbers like in the hundred millions at this point? 
nerd.gif

i think it woulda been dope if the governor was like the actual governor of georgia 
laugh.gif

This show wouldn't have made it to season 2 if they had fast zombies. it changes eveything, the group just can't go out and travel/find supplies like they do now. Most of the crew would have died, the rest would just be indoors.

Shoot one round and you got multiples running at you, can't even shoot them in the head becuase there moving too quick. All the fat dudes/women/kids would be sacrifice Shane would flourish in this world.
All this is true. Too true.

I"m not dogging the show.

I enjoy it, more than a little bit.

It is what it is though.

That's cool, I guess, Zik.

You said "To base expectations on any work of Fiction this way doesn't make sense".
Point is, the minute the show tried to convince me again, that "slow zombies" or Walkers could kill an able bodied in shape Anybody at a high rate, without them escaping with a couple of juke moves, I wasn't going to take the show too Serious, but that's just me.  I didn't/don't expect much, and I didn't set my expectations any Higher than comparing it with past Zombie flicks.
Yeah, this just seems narrow minded. You're judging shows/movies off of one detail that really shouldn't be considered as the most important or critical part of the final product. Sounds like once you hear anything else once you know that it's slow or fast zombies you categorize the work in to one of two things and that's that. I think that's dumb and doesn't make much sense especially given what you're focusing on to make that decision. I mean if that's where you're refusing to continue your suspension of disbelief I'm not even sure why'd you watch at all and pretend like fast zombies provides something more reasonable. There's something inherently unbelievable from a logical standpoint that fast zombies suddenly can move like gazelles when as humans they were never this fast :lol:

I set my expectations on this show off of the comic book which was a great read at the time. So clearly in this instance our approaches differ greatly.
And World War Z ( I thought) was dope, and believable.
I don't really see how my post had information or ideas in it that would lead you to conclude it is/would be "The worst Zombie movie ever" based off of that info.
You basically said shows/movies with slow zombies shouldn't be taken seriously and that shows/movies with fast zombies should be taken seriously.

With that in mind, WWZ had fast zombies, so if I'm suppose to take that seriously after I watched it the movie deserves all the criticism it can possibly get for being so incredibly bland and boring to the point you can consider it the worst zombie movie of the past 2 centuries. You know, fast zombies so taken seriously instead of taking TWD seriously since according to you it's automatically cheesy for having slow zombies.
Sorry but this just sounds lazy and dumb to me. To base expectations on any work of fiction this way doesn't make sense. I'd rather base the show on what it actually does not something arbitrary. Then again I'm not in to the whole zombie culture thing so if that's how yall do it w/e. I mean aren't slow zombies the norm default? and fast zombies are relatively newer? Also even though I don't think TWD isn't good anymore, cheesy isn't the word that comes to mind.

If I were to go by what you just said then World War Z must be the worst zombie movie of the past 2 centuries. **** had fast zombies and still managed to be boring as ****
On the show I remember them talking about it was being up in the air if he was gonna return. Story wise he definitely was supposed to come back.
You must've missed out on NT's LOST thread with this talk :lol:

lol I always stayed out of there for 1. I never watched the show and 2. I saw from the preview dudes were writing dissertations in there lol
Well there you go. Maybe it's you that simply doesn't care much about sci fi shows and can't get why others would feel one way or another about the way a series is going to the point they're posts have a lot of words in them or that they get in discussions/arguments with other posters.

All that to say this isn't something new and it'll keep being this way as long as shows keep getting better and better on tv.

Last edited:
Naw thats not the case at all, i understand passion for something that warrants it. From what i hear about lost its a deep show with death/life/ possible dreams/espionage whatever, i could be wrong.... If you wanna talk about the matrix and all its esoteric meaning and religious stuff i could write a page as well.

Walking Dead is neither lost or the matrix, its the end of the world and zombies.

I'm not criticizing the show though, at all. I only found you guys criticism kind of funny.

I watch because it is good, though, and it's entertaining, and fun to think what if.

However, I don't break down all the inconsistencies because after all, I'm already getting much more than expected.

I do think on the second part of the season I will wait to watch until it's over so I can watch it in succession. 

I'm not criticizing the show though, at all. I only found you guys criticism kind of funny.
I watch because it is good, though, and it's entertaining, and fun to think what if.

However, I don't break down all the inconsistencies because after all, I'm already getting much more than expected.

I do think on the second part of the season I will wait to watch until it's over so I can watch it in succession. 
I think that's the main difference between you and ppl criticizing. I'd say that's usually the case when talking about anything you can have an opinion about. Not everybody is gonna feel they got what they expected.
Naw thats not the case at all, i understand passion for something that warrants it. From what i hear about lost its a deep show with death/life/ possible dreams/espionage whatever, i could be wrong.... If you wanna talk about the matrix and all its esoteric meaning and religious stuff i could write a page as well.

Walking Dead is neither lost or the matrix, its the end of the world and zombies.
IMO a show about the end of the world can invoke passion and can have the potential to be good enough to invoke that (I know The Road did that for me) cuz usually these shows aren't just about the end of the world or just about zombies, it's a bit more than that. I wouldn't even say it's necessarily just passion either.

But we probably got different experiences with it. Similar to vampires, I don't watch a whole lot of zombie movies. More times than not the genre of horror isn't interesting at all. Most times in general I wouldn't even bother with it. I heard good word of mouth about the TWD comic, read it, liked it right around the time the show started and the beginning was pretty good to me, then it just went downhill. Now if you see it as something that isn't that good to get in to it so you won't even complain about stupid **** that happens that's fine but I don't see how others are just gonna see it your way and not react the way they want to.

Last edited:
Most of the time when someone complains its because the action a character made seems uncharacteristic of what we've been shown before and it kicks us out of the show.

Like, I'll be heavy into the show then a moment like Carol and Tyrese not killing that guy episode one after getting info from him. Like why not kill him? You got all the info you needed plus you walk up on him talking about taking stuff and killing your friends. It was plot based stupidity.

I think that's the main difference between you and ppl criticizing. I'd say that's usually the case when talking about anything you can have an opinion about. Not everybody is gonna feel they got what they expected.
IMO a show about the end of the world can invoke passion and can have the potential to be good enough to invoke that. I wouldn't even say it's necessarily just passion either.

But we probably got different experiences with it. Similar to vampires, I don't watch a whole lot of zombie movies. More times than not the genre of horror isn't interesting at all. Most times in general I wouldn't even bother with it. I heard good word of mouth about the TWD comic, read it, liked it right around the time the show started and the beginning was pretty good to me, then it just went downhill. Now if you see it as something that isn't that good to get in to it that's fine but I don't see how others are just gonna see it your way and not react the way they want to.

No doubt I feel you.

If my ridiculing of people taking the show seriously makes you think I think everyone should see the show as "just zombie crap" then I apologize, thats not my intention. People gonna like/feel passion/ want any show to be great for various reasons, and all those reasons are valid.

I get it why people want the show to be great/better, but sitting atop of my soapbox of opinion Im still going to say yall shouldn't take the show that serious., and make fun of ones that do.

Most of the time when someone complains its because the action a character made seems uncharacteristic of what we've been shown before and it kicks us out of the show.

Like, I'll be heavy into the show then a moment like Carol and Tyrese not killing that guy episode one after getting info from him. Like why not kill him? You got all the info you needed plus you walk up on him talking about taking stuff and killing your friends. It was plot based stupidity.
I immediately thought, man kill him now.

When they didn't kill him though, I thought, of course they aren't going to kill him.

They always do silly stuff like this in the Horror Flick B movies, I shouldn't be shocked unless they actually did kill him immediately, like a normal person/show/movie would.

I immediately thought, man kill him now.
When they didn't kill him though, I thought, of course they aren't going to kill him.
They always do silly stuff like this in the Horror Flick B movies, I shouldn't be shocked unless they actually did kill him immediately, like a normal person/show/movie would.

And the funny thing is HE DID NOTHING after that. Its not like he was the leader of the group when Bob was found. He was extra number 4. He could have died and nothing would have changed.

IMO a show about the end of the world can invoke passion and can have the potential to be good enough to invoke that. I wouldn't even say it's necessarily just passion either.

But we probably got different experiences with it. Similar to vampires, I don't watch a whole lot of zombie movies. More times than not the genre of horror isn't interesting at all. Most times in general I wouldn't even bother with it. I heard good word of mouth about the TWD comic, read it, liked it right around the time the show started and the beginning was pretty good to me, then it just went downhill. Now if you see it as something that isn't that good to get in to it that's fine but I don't see how others are just gonna see it your way and not react the way they want to.

No doubt I feel you.

If my ridiculing of people taking the show seriously makes you think I think everyone should see the show as "just zombie crap" then I apologize, thats not my intention. People gonna like/feel passion/ want any show to be great for various reasons, and all those reasons are valid.

I get it why people want the show to be great/better, but sitting atop of my soapbox of opinion Im still going to say yall shouldn't take the show that serious., and make fun of ones that do.
It was just that one post saying it's "friggin sci fi" like none of it mattered enough to talk about. I can understand where you're coming form though I take a similar approach with other tv shows and movies due to me realizing it just isn't good enough invest in.

Last edited:
 And the funny thing is HE DID NOTHING after that. Its not like he was the leader of the group when Bob was found. He was extra number 4. He could have died and nothing would have changed.
Didn't Sasha end up killing him though.

Maybe they did it to lead to the point on the roof where Tyrese could confess his punk move to Sasha.

Further explaining how much of a Simp he's became.

It was just that one post saying it's "friggin sci fi" like none of it mattered enough to talk about. I can understand where you're coming form though I take a similar approach with other tv shows and movies due to me realizing it just isn't good enough invest in.

Ahhh I see, I think that was me who said that...when I said that I wasn't going after the quality of what sci fi can be, I was going after the plausibility of things....like its sci fi, they can do WHATEVER and its allowed.

Sci is actually my favorite genre because they literally are no rules. Sometimes they don't make sense and in some stories they stick absolutely to canon (don't know if i used canon correctly there but whatever)

the pilot was the best episode of this show. which sucks if you think about it. it has progressively gotten worse or moved laterally, there's been no growth.

[thread="506654"] [/thread]

Didn't Sasha end up killing him though.
Maybe they did it to lead to the point on the roof where Tyrese could confess his punk move to Sasha.
Further explaining how much of a Simp he's became.

Back
Top Bottom