The Walking Dead - Official Thread

She knew the Gov was no good from the get go. Taking them hostage and keeping them in the town. He basically turned her only friend and ally in the world against her (andrea) and she knew he probably killed the Army guys. Then he tried to kill her and she found he had all these heads and his zombie daughter locked up. She knows this dude is pyscho and must go. All of that and you still don't get why she would want him dead?? Stop comparing the show to the comic books and you might be able to get it >D

Yeah keep telling yourself that.

Show misplayed this angle, having a "feeling" someone is "psycho" is not a reason to go back an wreak havoc.

In the comic at least she was raped and beaten by the Governor, so there was a "build-up" that was clearly lacking in the show.

So far, I'm not a fan of how the Governor has been portrayed. What makes him different from Rick? They both kill, ask questions later, both are doing their best in a dog eat dog world.

So your rationale was that she was suspicious, :lol:
- Took them hostage? She was let go, with no issues, choice was hers.
- Turned her friend? Andrea made a choice to stay, and they weren't exactly the closest of friends.
- She had no clue that he killed the servicemen, just suspicion

IMO, the arc in the show gave her little to no reason to return for vengeance. That is my gripe.

IMO, the arc in the show gave her little to no reason to return for vengeance. That is my gripe.

I can dig that, I just think you mainly think that because you already read the comics and knew about the Governor, but to me and the strictly TV audience, I bought the "evil bad guy" role for him

Thats my problem. He hasn't come off as the same guy from the comics. He's never seemed 100% evil, as he was from the moment he showed up in the comic. I guess some character growth is necessary in this format, but this seems to soften him and whatever he does next.
It'd surprise me if they went that way so fast, but it seems pretty obvious.
kirkman specifically stated they didn't want the governor to be 100 percent full tilt evil, they wanted him to have lots more layers to his character.  he's not 100 percent evil, and that's the way they want it.  in the comic hes hilariously over the top evil with everything he does and so are his culty people, wouldnt work for tv anyway with the stuff he does in the comics anyway.

To you non-comic book readers or don't want to mix the comic with the show. Can any of you answer why Michonne has so much animosity towards the Governor?

He was hospitable, at first, let her leave on her own free will... so can any of you guys answer that for me?

*Those that read the comic, need not answer,
laugh.gif
The governor tried to kill her. I saw her "killing" his daughter as payback.

He let her leave when he knew Andrea was going to stay.

That's not letting her leave of her own free will.

I felt so bad for the governor man
sick.gif

Michonne is a b forreal. Yea he was delusional and a bit out there, but how are you gonna prance around with your zombie fambs and then kill the next man's pet zombie just out of spite. Oh yea, and stick a piece of glass in his eye
mean.gif
Now he's guaranteed to be ruthless.

Im 97% certain that they're gonna make Merle and Daryl fight it out in the pit with the survivor getting to live. No way they're murking them both.
You seriously feel bad for the most manipulative character in the show?

The governor killed those military guys, then made a speech about how they should feel safe tonight. He tried to have Mihonne killed, deluded Andrea into staying, and is definitely planning on going to the prison to do lord knows what.

From my understanding, she kept those zombies so she wouldn't be detected by other zombies. We never see Mihonne breaking bread with her zombies like they were real people. Mihonne knew that were tools to keep her alive. Hence the fact that she killed them with no hesitation when her tools became a detriment to her survival.

The governor deserved whatever Mihonne gave to him.

i know that but exposing it to an open cut would pretty much be the same as a scratch from a walker right? Doesn't drinking infected water kill you? if so they when it's in contact with a wound it should do the same
The scratches and bites from the walkers usually involved them ripping out flesh and arteries and cause enough bleeding for the person to die. That's why they would turn, not the attacks themselves.

The scratches and bites from the walkers usually involved them ripping out flesh and arteries and cause enough bleeding for the person to die. That's why they would turn, not the attacks themselves.

Ummmm...WUT?...

NO.

u must be forgot about season 1

they was trying had not to get scratched or have open wounds in fear of turning into a walker

remember when we seen Shane get scratched in the head and everybody was questioning was he turning

and I thought the same thing as well when Michonne got shot in the leg and she cut the stomach open of the walker it got all in her wound

they need to clear this up on the Talking Dead or in a episode

From the Walking Dead wikia page:

Q. Can anyone survive a Zombie bite?

A. Yes, while extremely difficult, it is possible to survive a bite from a zombie if many steps are taken. Such steps could include: Amputation, Frequent antibiotics administration and bandaging and keeping the wound bacteria free. As Kirkman stated "You don't die from the zombie 'virus' you die from infection or blood loss"

ehhhhhh....

as a person with a science background, i've come to accept any inaccuracies from movies/tv shows. it makes its a lot more enjoyable vs. over-analyzing things :lol:

Last edited:
yeah im not sure what qualifies as enough to turn one into a walker.  can't be the 28 days later way bc they def have had walker blood all over their faces and no one turned.  i was thinking mortal wound, but a bite isn't necessarily always deadly

Ummmm...WUT?...
NO.
Bruh, dudes are out here getting their calf muscles ripped off. They were dying from bleeding out and not getting treated. The "walker virus" inducing any fevers is non relevant at this point in the show.

From the Walking Dead wikia page:
ehhhhhh....
as a person with a science background, i've come to accept any inaccuracies from movies/tv shows. it makes its a lot more enjoyable vs. over-analyzing things :lol:

EXACTLY!!! Dudes be picking and choosing what to believe.

"They have scratches and play in zombie guts but dont get infected! This show's writing sucks and is not real at all!"

But those zombies, those things that reincarnate into mindless, flesh eating monsters, those are 100% real life though.

:smh:

Suspension of disbelief, bros.

Bruh, dudes are out here getting their calf muscles ripped off. They were dying from bleeding out and not getting treated. The "walker virus" inducing any fevers is non relevant at this point in the show.

So you telling me Hershel would have died from the bite but didn't die when Rick chopped off his leg :lol:

Daryl and Merle is what I'm most excited about at the moment. I know nothing of the comics so excuse my ignorance, but someone is bound to flip and it's gotta be one of those two.

This snatch Andrea is again realizing shes been duped and Carl is slowly winning me back. I wanted him to die not too long ago. :lol: You can kinda see where the episodes are heading after that sneak peek, but I'm excited.

She knew the Gov was no good from the get go. Taking them hostage and keeping them in the town. He basically turned her only friend and ally in the world against her (andrea) and she knew he probably killed the Army guys. Then he tried to kill her and she found he had all these heads and his zombie daughter locked up. She knows this dude is pyscho and must go. All of that and you still don't get why she would want him dead?? Stop comparing the show to the comic books and you might be able to get it >D

Yeah keep telling yourself that.

Show misplayed this angle, having a "feeling" someone is "psycho" is not a reason to go back an wreak havoc.

In the comic at least she was raped and beaten by the Governor, so there was a "build-up" that was clearly lacking in the show.

So far, I'm not a fan of how the Governor has been portrayed. What makes him different from Rick? They both kill, ask questions later, both are doing their best in a dog eat dog world.

So your rationale was that she was suspicious, :lol:
- Took them hostage? She was let go, with no issues, choice was hers.
- Turned her friend? Andrea made a choice to stay, and they weren't exactly the closest of friends.
- She had no clue that he killed the servicemen, just suspicion

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you are so corny, dude.

go back to your unsuccessful thread, b.

Y'all really thought AMC was going to do the comic book Governor? I mean really? That whole scene with Maggie was nothing more than a shout out to the comics, and if you expected more you're just silly. No way AMC is doing a rape scene and a spoon up the ***.

So hey, here's a wild idea! Just enjoy the show for what it is, or don't I guess.

u must be forgot about season 1
they was trying had not to get scratched or have open wounds in fear of turning into a walker
remember when we seen Shane get scratched in the head and everybody was questioning was he turning
and I thought the same thing as well when Michonne got shot in the leg and she cut the stomach open of the walker it got all in her wound
they need to clear this up on the Talking Dead or in a episode

shane got scratched by the fat guy who fed to the walkers tho

still weird how he turned to a walker tho, and no one else has gone crazy and turned

Last edited:
So you telling me Hershel would have died from the bite but didn't die when Rick chopped off his leg :lol:
He could have just as well died from getting his leg chopped off and he almost did. The fact remains that they treated his leg so that he wouldn't die. And that wasn't a nibble that the walker did to his leg.

I felt so bad for the governor man :x

Michonne is a b forreal. Yea he was delusional and a bit out there, but how are you gonna prance around with your zombie fambs and then kill the next man's pet zombie just out of spite. Oh yea, and stick a piece of glass in his eye :smh: Now he's guaranteed to be ruthless.

Im 97% certain that they're gonna make Merle and Daryl fight it out in the pit with the survivor getting to live. No way they're murking them both.
You seriously feel bad for the most manipulative character in the show?
The governor killed those military guys, then made a speech about how they should feel safe tonight. He tried to have Mihonne killed, deluded Andrea into staying, and is definitely planning on going to the prison to do lord knows what.

From my understanding, she kept those zombies so she wouldn't be detected by other zombies. We never see Mihonne breaking bread with her zombies like they were real people. Mihonne knew that were tools to keep her alive. Hence the fact that she killed them with no hesitation when her tools became a detriment to her survival.

The governor deserved whatever Mihonne gave to him.

ya'll are some eye for an eye type dudes forreal. Yea i actually felt empathy for him regardless of his past doings and the whole thing with his zombie daughter was pretty tragic. And guess what, now he wont give any dambs about looking for a cure and instead just go at the group until last man standing. I still have no idea why Michonne had such rancor with the governor. She killed a few of his men already and should have just kept it moving. I dunno maybe the writers didnt villianize the governor enough for me.

Last edited:
ya'll are some eye for an eye type dudes forreal. Yea i actually felt empathy for him regardless of his past doings and the whole thing with his zombie daughter was pretty tragic. And guess what, now he wont give any dambs about looking for a cure and instead just go at the group until last man standing. I still have no idea why Michonne had such rancor with the governor. She killed a few of his men already and should have just kept it moving. I dunno maybe the writers didnt villianize the governor enough for me.
All I'm saying is save your empathy for a character that deserves it.

The governor deserves a bullet in his head.

There's no telling what ills the governor has done to create woodbury let alone to maintain it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you are so corny, dude.
go back to your unsuccessful thread, b.

:lol: **** outta here if you can't have a decent discussion "b".

Just a discussion, since we are just talking about the show. The theories are interesting for those that don't want to acknowledge the source material, :lol:.

Just think the show misplayed the angle, should of had Maggie do the damage. No, I did not expect AMC to play that angle in the graphic novel, there's no way that plays out on a network like AMC. However, the Governor did more to stir the pot with Glenn/Maggie than he ever did to Michonne. If Maggie would've done it, would've been more plausible, there just wasn't enough done to Michonne by the tv Governor to justify her thirst for vengeance.

Can you guys quit the Andrea was held captive angle? Andrea stayed behind, and basically told Michonne just that before she parted.

When Michonne killed Penny while the Governor begged for her life, it actually made me empathize with the Governor and made me wish for tv Michonne to be choked out.

There just wasn't enough, and I'm talking about the show. Not even brining in the source material.

I like the show despite it's "plot holes"

The Governor is doing what he feels is right for his group to survive, same thing Rick is doing. They see outsiders as a threat, it's survival. Rick went in the prison and just took over and killed everyone that was a threat to his group. The Governor killed the military men, because he see's any outsider as a threat to his group. Snatch and grab.

Is there a reason why there's only one living black guy on this show at a time?

Or Asian guy.
They wouldn't even bother casting Asian walkers let alone Asian background characters.

SPOILERS

Glen is the only Asian person in the comic to date :lol:

As far as the handling of black characters I think Kirkman doesn't care about being pc or appeasing ppl concerned with this issue. He strikes me as the type of guy that'd spit any critics like that by continuing to do what he wants and when he's done with a character of color he'll kill them and keep moving. Just read his last issue of Invincible, seems he does certain things cuz he thinks they're cool for the story and the reaction regarding race is just a plus for ***** and giggles.

Back
Top Bottom