The Walking Dead - Official Thread

Haha nice twist from the comic book
Which twist?
He never sees Lori like that, just has his delusional phone calls
True that.
I hope they take the show in another direction than the comics.
I wonder how long this show could say on the air for.
Negan45.jpg

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

They brought up some good points on The Talking Dead. Ric is so mistru****l of any new people now. Steve Yeun talked about how Glen took a chance and saved a stranger in Ric the first season. Herschel housed the group on his farm. I understand them having to be cautious considering what happened with some of the prisoners and those 2 knuckleheads with Tyrese already trying to plot a takeover. They do need to find people they can trust to help strengthen their group.
Those are good points.

But those chances were taken when the outbreak was fairly "new." I don't think that at that time Glenn or Herschel would have be able to predict that there would be worse things to fear than the walking dead.

Also if I remember correctly, Herschel wanted Rick and his group to leave as soon as Carl healed.

I can't remember what happened that enabled Rick's group to stay.

I think that it's cool that they're doing that but, all you have to do is adjust your tv settings.
True, it's just something I never thought of. It would've probably put the show on a different level too. I mean the comic is black / white so it could work on black / white, bow many other shows could do that?
Yeah, maybe but I think it would make the scenery less interesting.

Plus some people may not like that the blood/gore isn't red.

Maybe Mad Men since it's based in the 50s.

episode was very forgettable,

something about the dialogue/edits/cuts seemed different....alot less cinematic almost teetering into corny. It just didnt have that signature walking dead feel tonight, wonder if it has anything to due with the show runner quitting?

The season was already filmed before he left.

Tonights episode was very... meh. It felt like what it is- an episode in the middle of a season.

On a side note,

I finally watched the episode where Lori has the baby.. single man tear slid down my cheek for Carl. and I hate that damn kid.

episode was very forgettable,

something about the dialogue/edits/cuts seemed different....alot less cinematic almost teetering into corny. It just didnt have that signature walking dead feel tonight, wonder if it has anything to due with the show runner quitting?

Agreed. I'm glad the show is back, but this episode was average at best. Like you said, it just didn't feel right. Hopefully it'll pick up next week.

Everything about this midseason premiere was great until the ending. Despite the hints of it before in other eps since her death, the end scene almost seems pulled out the writer's *** that Rick would snap right there when deciding if they should stay or not. It's dumb and weird. I see what they're going for but they could've built up to that in ep after Daryl decided to leave with Merle.

It's really like Rick got over the phone thing and then after getting home just go crazy in front of the new ppl. Meh.

Everything else was done to my liking.

This episode was wack. I havent and wont read the comic books. I know the directors stray from that story and I don't wanna get upset by that.

For those who have read it. Does Rick start hallucinating in the comic books like he is on the show? 

This episode was wack. I havent and wont read the comic books. I know the directors stray from that story and I don't wanna get upset by that.

For those who have read it. Does Rick start hallucinating in the comic books like he is on the show? 
He hallucinates but not in the same way and I dunno if it's cuz that was so long ago in the comics but I don't think it lasted that long like one or two story arcs but no more than a year's time, if that, given it's a monthly comic. So I'd assume by the end of this season that would be wrapped up and not visited again.
In comics, from what I remember he never saw Lori in a dress in silhouette and started screaming at her and freaking out. It was the phone the whole time, he'd hear it ring and talk to her specifically. Then Carl tells him that's stupid and I think the phone gets destroyed or he's forced to ditch it.

Last edited:

Yes.
The comic is great and you'd be missing out.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may be) but wasn't iYen one of the leaders of the angry mob, burning torches, pitchforks and the like, leading the charge against comic book readers.

Now he's in here posting scans from pages of the book
laugh.gif

I was never against comic book readers. I was against people posted things that happened in the comics without spoilers.

Ok, so I just finished season 2, and I have some questions.

How did Shane turn into a walker? I understand that everyone has the virus, but don't they have to die first? It seemed like Shane was already transforming into one during his scenes with Randall, where he was making all those noises ...

Ok, so I just finished season 2, and I have some questions.

How did Shane turn into a walker? I understand that everyone has the virus, but don't they have to die first? It seemed like Shane was already transforming into one during his scenes with Randall, where he was making all those noises ...
He wasn't transforming. ..just losing his mind. ....you turn when you die ...based on what we know so far.

Was last night ep done before or after AMC fired the showrunner?
before. Whole season is before he left if I understood the situation correctly. Episode was ok but whoever said it was right... The ending that episode was a mis step. Rick losing it with no one knowing >>> Rick losing it in public. That quiet subtle battle going on in his mind would have been cool to see

before. Whole season is before he left if I understood the situation correctly. Episode was ok but whoever said it was right... The ending that episode was a mis step. Rick losing it with no one knowing >>> Rick losing it in public. That quiet subtle battle going on in his mind would have been cool to see
eh i think it makes it more realistic if anything.  you don't choose when your psychosis happens and you dont always realize it's happening when it does.  what are the chances of rick only losing his mind when nobody is around when there's almost always someone else around because of their living situation lol?

eh i think it makes it more realistic if anything.  you don't choose when your psychosis happens and you dont always realize it's happening when it does.  what are the chances of rick only losing his mind when nobody is around when there's almost always someone else around because of their living situation lol?

You can throw realism out the door tho...
It would have made it interesting. To me Internal struggle is better to watch than external but whatever I'm not writing this, just watching and enjoying

Episode was ok at best. Not a good episode coming off of a hiatus.

Rick losing it in front of everyone didn't sit well with me. He just alienated the entire group. The entire going insane ordeal felt rushed and this is coming from someone who doesn't read the comics.

There weren't many highlights from last night's episode except for Daryl leaving because he didn't want to lose his brother again and the Governor saying himself that the people were soft and coddled.

Originally Posted by jhawk826  

the Governor saying himself that the people were soft and coddled.
I think that that's the gov's fault. He kept them away from the gullyness of the walkers and kept making those fake speeches about returning back to "civilization."

Maybe if he had a majority of the town protecting woodbury instead of playing pretend civilization, maybe then they wouldn't be so soft and herbish.

Back
Top Bottom