THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

My favorite part of the episode was Carl doing multiplication tables in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

So did Hershel know that Sophia was in the barn and that was who they were looking for?

^Nah...it seems like Otis was the zombie catcher...so I guess in those couple days from when she dipped, she got bit, turned and caught before Otis could shoot the deer and Carl. And they didn't figure it out, because right quick Otis had to get the medical stuff and then Shane happened before he even heard a girl was missing.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Loved this episode.

Am I the only one annoyed that Dale tried to hide the guns? What the hell are you going to protect the camp with? Bare hands and knives?
laugh.gif

That's straight outta the Lost season 1 playbook.
laugh.gif

The second he started doing it, I started thinking of John Locke and how this is a show that could've used a lot more flashbacks to help these characters out, especially with this slow, repetitive style the first half had. I mean like Dale for instance has one expression for everything and the same 1 line he's been spitting since the season finale...

If they can't afford more zombies or action scenes, they can afford a regular house and some back story. Otherwise most of these people are still just zombie bait to me.

badboyf0life420 wrote:
can we ban that guy for posting that picture of sophia about 20 pages back? or did he already get ban?

I know right.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

^Nah...it seems like Otis was the zombie catcher...so I guess in those couple days from when she dipped, she got bit, turned and caught before Otis could shoot the deer and Carl. And they didn't figure it out, because right quick Otis had to get the medical stuff and then Shane happened before he even heard a girl was missing.

Loved this episode.

Am I the only one annoyed that Dale tried to hide the guns? What the hell are you going to protect the camp with? Bare hands and knives?
laugh.gif

That's straight outta the Lost season 1 playbook.
laugh.gif

The second he started doing it, I started thinking of John Locke and how this is a show that could've used a lot more flashbacks to help these characters out, especially with this slow, repetitive style the first half had. I mean like Dale for instance has one expression for everything and the same 1 line he's been spitting since the season finale...

If they can't afford more zombies or action scenes, they can afford a regular house and some back story. Otherwise most of these people are still just zombie bait to me.

badboyf0life420 wrote:
can we ban that guy for posting that picture of sophia about 20 pages back? or did he already get ban?

I know right.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

My favorite part of the episode was Carl doing multiplication tables in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

So did Hershel know that Sophia was in the barn and that was who they were looking for?

im wondering this too. he knew they were searching for a kid, and hershel knew pretty much all the walkers in that barn...and a child zombie stands out. yet he let rick and co. search for sophia in the woods, and on top of that asks rick for help to rangle some trapped zombies
30t6p3b.gif

so grimey...

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

im wondering this too. he knew they were searching for a kid, and hershel knew pretty much all the walkers in that barn...and a child zombie stands out. yet he let rick and co. search for sophia in the woods, and on top of that asks rick for help to rangle some trapped zombies
30t6p3b.gif

so grimey...

Dale took the guns cause he knew Shane was a loose canon and that Herschel said they couldn't not have guns on his property. I feel like Dale and Rick both have the best interest of the group in mind so I can't fault him for hiding the guns from Shane. I wish he would have shot Shane to be honest. Rick more concerned with his family, than the rest of the group but never the less he takes everyone into account. Shane is more interested in himself and the idea of a family with Rick and Lori. That's not going to happen and it will drive him further away from rational thought.

As for if Herschel knew, Robert Kirkman the creator of the series, said after the show that Otis captured the walkers and put them in the barn. He was killed while trying to deal with the Carl situation so Sophia was never mentioned and thus Herschel never knew anything.

Dale took the guns cause he knew Shane was a loose canon and that Herschel said they couldn't not have guns on his property. I feel like Dale and Rick both have the best interest of the group in mind so I can't fault him for hiding the guns from Shane. I wish he would have shot Shane to be honest. Rick more concerned with his family, than the rest of the group but never the less he takes everyone into account. Shane is more interested in himself and the idea of a family with Rick and Lori. That's not going to happen and it will drive him further away from rational thought.

As for if Herschel knew, Robert Kirkman the creator of the series, said after the show that Otis captured the walkers and put them in the barn. He was killed while trying to deal with the Carl situation so Sophia was never mentioned and thus Herschel never knew anything.

Great finale!

Shane 
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Finally, closure on Sophia
alien.gif
.  The last few episodes have been dragging.

Originally Posted by AusZero

I understand he's worried about Shane being a ticking bomb but by hiding those weapons he's putting the entire camp in jeopardy.

I understand he's worried about Shane being a ticking bomb but by hiding those weapons he's putting the entire camp in jeopardy.

Great finale!

Shane 
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Finally, closure on Sophia
alien.gif
.  The last few episodes have been dragging.

But if he keeps them then Herschel kicks them out.  I think they're in far more jeopardy wandering than at Herschel's, Maggie even confirmed that in the episode talking about other farms being burned or full or walkers.  Its the lesser of two evils and the smarter choice.  

But if he keeps them then Herschel kicks them out.  I think they're in far more jeopardy wandering than at Herschel's, Maggie even confirmed that in the episode talking about other farms being burned or full or walkers.  Its the lesser of two evils and the smarter choice.  

The spoil elsewhere is referring to people talking about events from the comics.

People have questions on what has already happened, and the comic can answer some.  I will put some stuff in spoilers, if you read it's your own damn fault for having no self-control.

Spoiler [+]
- Some of the plot points are "wild cards" since the show has strayed from the comic.  In the comic, Shane never makes it to the farm, he gets shot by Carl.  Shane loses it in the comic because of Lori, and he tries to kill Shane, total meltdown.  Carl puts one in his neck. 

- Shane is a strong character in the show, so I understand why they kept him alive, but this was his meltdown episode.  I can see why Dale wanted to hide the guns from him.  It looked like he was going to mark the spot and possibly tell Rick the location.  Just assuming, but his line of thinking is that the guns will be away from Shane but if they ever needed them they can locate them and protect the farm, however, if Shane gets ahold of the guns they will be kicked out of the farm.  Dale's thinking is they are safer on the farm with limited gun access than in the outside world with the bag of guns.

- In the comic, Rick isn't as calm, cool and collected as he is in the show.  Rick actually has a shouting match with Herschel in the comic prior to a "walker" wandering on the farm.  Herschel grabs the zombie, without Rick's help, and when he tries to put it in the barn, the "walkers" attack.  No Sophia in the barn.

- In the comic, Carl and Sophia, are a lot younger as well.  I believe Carl is 7 in the comic, he's about 10-12 in the tv show.

- I was hoping they would show the fallout of barn and hopeful if they would follow the comic plot and find the jail.  Guess we will have to wait. 

- Solid episode, the "massacre" scene was well done.  At least we can finally close the "Where's Sophia?" case.

- As far as those being worried about the plot line becoming redundant, there is still plenty of material left to cover.

- I'm only on Book 1 and they don't even go into details on how all this started.  I know this is against the grain, since we want "flashbacks" and a starting point, but AMC is staying true to the comic in this case and that is: piece it together and use your imagination.

-  Wait until Feb,
frown.gif
...Oh well, this just came:

Bad pic
grin.gif

Highlight above
wink.gif

The spoil elsewhere is referring to people talking about events from the comics.

People have questions on what has already happened, and the comic can answer some.  I will put some stuff in spoilers, if you read it's your own damn fault for having no self-control.

Spoiler [+]
- Some of the plot points are "wild cards" since the show has strayed from the comic.  In the comic, Shane never makes it to the farm, he gets shot by Carl.  Shane loses it in the comic because of Lori, and he tries to kill Shane, total meltdown.  Carl puts one in his neck. 

- Shane is a strong character in the show, so I understand why they kept him alive, but this was his meltdown episode.  I can see why Dale wanted to hide the guns from him.  It looked like he was going to mark the spot and possibly tell Rick the location.  Just assuming, but his line of thinking is that the guns will be away from Shane but if they ever needed them they can locate them and protect the farm, however, if Shane gets ahold of the guns they will be kicked out of the farm.  Dale's thinking is they are safer on the farm with limited gun access than in the outside world with the bag of guns.

- In the comic, Rick isn't as calm, cool and collected as he is in the show.  Rick actually has a shouting match with Herschel in the comic prior to a "walker" wandering on the farm.  Herschel grabs the zombie, without Rick's help, and when he tries to put it in the barn, the "walkers" attack.  No Sophia in the barn.

- In the comic, Carl and Sophia, are a lot younger as well.  I believe Carl is 7 in the comic, he's about 10-12 in the tv show.

- I was hoping they would show the fallout of barn and hopeful if they would follow the comic plot and find the jail.  Guess we will have to wait. 

- Solid episode, the "massacre" scene was well done.  At least we can finally close the "Where's Sophia?" case.

- As far as those being worried about the plot line becoming redundant, there is still plenty of material left to cover.

- I'm only on Book 1 and they don't even go into details on how all this started.  I know this is against the grain, since we want "flashbacks" and a starting point, but AMC is staying true to the comic in this case and that is: piece it together and use your imagination.

-  Wait until Feb,
frown.gif
...Oh well, this just came:

Bad pic
grin.gif

Highlight above
wink.gif

What happened to Stone Cold Shane when Sophia show up?

I think Rick is going to be ruthless.. when he sees walkers from now on..

What happened to Stone Cold Shane when Sophia show up?

I think Rick is going to be ruthless.. when he sees walkers from now on..

Shane was going ham foreal! til he saw Sophia
laugh.gif

I had a feeling Sophia was in the barn all along.

Shane was going ham foreal! til he saw Sophia
laugh.gif

I had a feeling Sophia was in the barn all along.

I'm glad they went ham on those walkers.

I think Rick's gonna be more hardcore now too because he was the one who shot sophia when everybody else was in shock.

Dale and hershel need to go....

I'm glad they went ham on those walkers.

I think Rick's gonna be more hardcore now too because he was the one who shot sophia when everybody else was in shock.

Dale and hershel need to go....

Back
Top Bottom