The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
1641845805605.png

Feels like he's concerned that people don't get what he's doing.

He's also choosing this thematic/cinematic lane that most people really just don't care about all that much. He wants his genius points, but people just want great music, to start. Whatever way you feel about the music shouldn't be dependent on if you "get" the thing he's doing and he's leaning really heavy on that.

He seems to want to keep that cryptic thing going, but he's already been too exposed.

Bro, seriously I love how he seems happy and is happy to express himself in all these diff characters he plays but that **** just never hit with me :lol: I don't give a damb though I still f with his music so that's the most important thing

AND, he's still killing most if not all of his features. The Spanish pocket :sick: the one with Aliyah was a bit weird but I like it still and Tears in the Club and with Doja too

What we need are more NAV collabs... god forbid a Drake or 88Glam track :lol:

Really hoping if this is true that "After Life" will be THE album.

Intense, graphic, sexy, euphoric
Provocative, edgy, thought-provoking
Technically and visually stunning
A compelling work of science fiction
A suspenseful еxposé
Cinema like you've nеver seen it before
The exotic, bizarre and beautiful world of "After Life"\

So i am assuming its all good in heaven. We talking mad sex, drugs, strippers, money etc.

Everything depends on his producers

By now it's actually a cut and dry forumla

Legit anytime he works with the producers we know that hit, I'm talking the non pop ones, it's been magic

My only hope is that every single album he's had like entirely diff teams of producers. So I can assume that the next album won't have the same as Dawn which would be a good thing. I'm about done with the 80's stuff, he took it to new heights and as far as he could

if this a new trilogy I’m surprised dawn FM the 2nd and not the 3rd Considering it had some serious finality to it since it was all about death and being stuck in purgatory

But maybe the 3rd will be about being fully in the afterlife. Or turning back to the world and not going to the afterlife 🤔

The sequence of the album flows so well

I almost wanna hear it in its entirety every time

But my favorites switch between sacrifice, out of time, is there someone else, and how can I make you love me

Back
Top Bottom