The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by awwsome

It's a trilogy, he's telling a story, do yall even listen to the music?
*%%#%! comparing song's like it's a gucci mane mixtape and %$%# lol.

so...what you're saying is we can't like a song more than the other? okay. thanks for that insight. 

I'm saying why compare chapters of a story? Your welcome, by the way.

because it's something to do. i mean it's pretty much understood that dude's telling a story, but it doesn't change the fact that these things are still songs and you can like the way one sounds more than the other. it's not that big of a deal...just sorta fun way to compare. 

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Jking0821

alice_57988_186057608071986_147039485307132_688307_162853_n.jpg

she isn't bad.
There's no way that's a human being, that's one of them 10k blow hole dolls.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

I'm saying why compare chapters of a story? Your welcome, by the way.

because it's something to do. i mean it's pretty much understood that dude's telling a story, but it doesn't change the fact that these things are still songs and you can like the way one sounds more than the other. it's not that big of a deal...just sorta fun way to compare. 
Still though, I agree with awwsome. Comparing songs by their track numbers makes no sense
laugh.gif

But have at it anyway, I know I'd talk about the songs for any reason too
laugh.gif

I need new
frown.gif

That's not his girlfriend, it's who people thought was the girl on the cover of Thursday.

And you dudes can't even be remotely believing in that LeapYear $%*&ery
30t6p3b.gif

Some random dude posted that on KTT weeks ago, and no one there even slightly entertained it.

First of all, when has The Weeknd ever released a cover in advance? Or used such a crappy image as the cover? Has The Weeknd ever dropped a project without dropping at least one single or mentioning it mysteriously on his twitter? If he had a project releasing in 3 days, wouldn't it be on his Tumblr? C'mon sons, y'all gotta do better
laugh.gif
. Stay falling for this fake $%#+.

Why you so mad
frown.gif

I just really need new music, but I'm happy he isn't dropping song after song after song. Better if not over-saturated.

At least release the Zone music video
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Why you so mad
frown.gif

I just really need new music, but I'm happy he isn't dropping song after song after song. Better if not over-saturated.

At least release the Zone music video
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

Because this is like the third time in the past year that people in this thread have fallen hook, line, and sinker for some flagrantly fake $%&*
mad.gif
laugh.gif
I'm tired of being the bearer of bad news
laugh.gif

I'm not even going into withdrawal surprisingly. I mean dude DID give us 28 songs of dangerous heat levels in like 11 months.

Originally Posted by Thakid904

All this time "Rolling Stone" was playing before "Gone" on my mp3 and I thought that was the correct order
9kzdyp.gif

Oh well I still got the music
smokin.gif
Yooo I just noticed this too. SMH, idk why I feel like the change will make the music sound 100 times better
roll.gif

Did the rank the album songs from 1-9 and then rank them all against each other. 

1. Wicked Games > The Birds Part 1 > Outside

2. XO/The Host > Loft Music > Gone

3. House of Balloons > Montreal > Lonely Star

4. The Party & The After Party > Next > Thursday 

5. The Knowing > .D. > Life of the Party

6. Initiation > The Morning > Rolling Stone

7. Coming Down > The Birds Part 2 > Same Old Song

8. High For This > The Zone > Echoes of Silence

9. What You Need > The Fall > Heaven or Las Vegas

This list was so hard to compile. Each of the mixtapes has a special place in my heart and I hated ranking one song over another
laugh.gif
. As you can see though, House of Balloons is the clear winner for me. That mixtape was incredible and really stood out from the other two. EOS and Thursday were both great mixtapes as well but they lacked those 'wow' moments that you got from every song on HOB. 

Holy shshhshhhhhhh can't believe I took so long to listen to all 3 tapes, been sleeping on dude but this is
pimp.gif

all that money the money is the motive
all that money the money is the motive

you wannnna be Highhh for thisssssssss

dam cant believe i slept on dude and i was singing Crew Love for a Minute just cause i loved his part, now i got a whole new set of songs to rock with
pimp.gif

gotta admit thou it mighta took me longer to find dude w/o that OVOXO shout out and this Thread ofc lol .

The Weeknd is nice. I'm not in love with all of his music, but certain ones are dope...It was also an acquired taste for me.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Looks like the weekend is about to be at it again. Peep his latest tweet.

He tweeted, "new set... 19 songs..."

I'm thinking that's in reference to him getting ready for his Coachella set. Not new material.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Originally Posted by RedMan

Looks like the weekend is about to be at it again. Peep his latest tweet.

He tweeted, "new set... 19 songs..."

I'm thinking that's in reference to him getting ready for his Coachella set. Not new material.
I'm thinking this too. But I doubt that he even has the vocal ability to get through 19 of his songs though. 
laugh.gif

I rock with Abel. Favorite artist right now-all genres. Timeles music. Hope he doesn't start making radio hits. that emo #**! is FIRE

pretty good fan made music video to wicked games. might hold you off until the zone finally drops.

Back
Top Bottom