The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Seen this dude 3 times in NYC.
Bowery Ballroom
The old Club Exit (forget what it's called now)
That theatre in the Bronx (Grand Concourse)

Every time smoking was just as common as drinking.

This time at Radio City I plan on being a bit more discreet while I feel the place out.
But honestly once the lights go down I'm planning on having enough Ls to stay lit through the whole show.

What day you going?
NT meetup to talk about NT chicks over a blunt?

Pls respond.

:lol: I'm going to the Monday show.

Do you think I could just bring like a water bottle inside :nerd:

Got home a while ago from the final show here in LA at the Greek.

Was a phenomenal time for me. I wasn't even going to go. Just decided to copp a ticket for myself at the last minute. Never gone to a show by myself before. It was pretty much on point; had a pax ploom with me and it was over. Then I ran into a homie and took a couple puffs.

Show was an absolute problem. The set alone with the visuals. He had these special Japanese anime product commercial showings; pretty technical with the art; lighting and colors. This was well thought out.

And that band was... over dose alone. All on point. But really Abel's voice; dude sounds just like the stuff he puts out. I have seen some "studio singers" you know the cats who sound bomb on the album and you see them live and they are boof. Yeah Abel isn't one of those.

And Drizzy came out as a surprise guest to congratulate Abel on having the number one album in the country. He didn't perform anything though. It was weird Abel did Crew Love and Live for and Drizzy didn't spit his parts. Oh well it was dope seeing him anyway. NWTS is a problem!

Anyway -

I waited for about 30 mins and he signed my copy. He was very pleasant and asked me how I enjoyed the show? I told him he was incredible and I appreciated what he is doing for the culture. He looked surprised and humbled when I said that. He was appreciative; his voice even changed after I said that; like it meant something; caught him off guard.

I'm a happy camper and will be hitting more shows like this at the drop of a hat.

AND BTW B A N K S is DOPE! Will be copping her EP! Good looks Trillimuninate! *my guy*

NcTwin (Brandon) the keychain is for you BTW!

Last edited:
**** it, went to tonight's show too.

Son performed 2 more tracks than the Berkeley show on Friday. Probably because of 1 less opening act.

Got the set list in order this time:

Adaptation
Love In The Sky
Belong To The World
The Town
What you Need (new rendition)
Professional
House of Balloons/Glass Table Girls
Loft Music
The Morning
Remember You
The Zone
High For This
The Party & The After Party
Kiss Land
Live For (extra track)
Crew Love (extra track)
[Drake came out to troll for a min.]
Pretty
Wanderlust

Wicked Games

Not gonna front. Berkeley show was better. Maybe 'cause I was sober tonight, ionkno.

Man, **** that bald virgin nerdboi NeedleDick if he cannot appreciate the genius that is The Weeknd.

Guess he can't relate to the music.

Son said Professional was his least fav track :lol:

He hated adaptation.....i now hate him....so pretentious to say "he isn't as lyrical as people think he is" Son.....when you have great sex with a siren and she leaves you and you realize it was never going to work...but you love her in a weird type of way.....then....you will know.

He likes the "fruitier" wonderlust remix...... >D Not one compliment given. Not one mention of...aside from pharrells better mix....a good song.

Jealous of everyone's tour experiences....i need a kissland phone case and condom :lol: (anyone else see they are selling kiss land condoms at the shows apparently).

Last edited:
Show last night at the Greek :smokin :smokin :smokin

The band was really good if he did Birds Part 1 and 2 with them I think I would have just lost it.

Last edited:
Going to the Tuesday show in nyc, gonna be gone. I'm wondering also if a simple water bottle is allowed. Rolling solo at the moment.

Is it possible to get everyone i know who owns a Kieth Urban album to return it.....to retroactively negate his sales....making the weeknd num 1?

Is it possible to get everyone i know who owns a Kieth Urban album to return it.....to retroactively negate his sales....making the weeknd num 1?
if i got everyone i know who owns a keith urban album to return it, that would bring keith urban's numbers down from 98,000 to...98,000

who the hell listens to keith urban?

who the hell listens to keith urban?
Lol, apparently a lot of folks

Damb, I feel for bro, he really said he was number 1 last night at the show and everyone got all hyped. Drake came out and was like "congrats bro, you're number 1". How the heck did they think Weeknd was number 1 though? I was lol'ing at the Weeknd, boy said "F country!" and everyone went nuts hahahaha 
laugh.gif

damn, that white tee looks clean there.

i only picked up the black/neon tour shirt and got out of there. kind of wished i stayed and looked at the other merch.

for those that went to the merch table, did they have some vinyl copies of trilogy there? i was hoping just maybe they had some stashed away for the tour or "found" some to sell on tour

**** it, went to tonight's show too.

Son performed 2 more tracks than the Berkeley show on Friday. Probably because of 1 less opening act.

Got the set list in order this time:

Adaptation
Love In The Sky
Belong To The World
The Town
What you Need (new rendition)
Professional
House of Balloons/Glass Table Girls
Loft Music
The Morning
Remember You
The Zone
High For This
The Party & The After Party
Kiss Land
Live For (extra track)
Crew Love (extra track)
[Drake came out to troll for a min.]
Pretty
Wanderlust

Wicked Games

Not gonna front. Berkeley show was better. Maybe 'cause I was sober tonight, ionkno.

Thank you sir!

Anyone who's been to the show......did you catch Anna Lunoe?

Thoughts?

I missed her - was still in the whip drinkin' - when I went in this N' was already on stage and had done two songs :lol: ...

...and y'all Ns buggin with these XO merch purchases...

...I got that 5 dolla holla from the cool Mexican homie in the grass parking lot on the way out...

...the shirt extra smedium and they got my N' Abel lookin like Waka on the back, but it's all G - I'm the only N' in these streets witta The Weekday World Tour tee.

Get on my level ho. :smokin

Got home a while ago from the final show here in LA at the Greek.

Anyway -

I waited for about 30 mins and he signed my copy. He was very pleasant and asked me how I enjoyed the show? I told him he was incredible and I appreciated what he is doing for the culture. He looked surprised and humbled when I said that. He was appreciative; his voice even changed after I said that; like it meant something; caught him off guard.

Those t-shirts are dope as hell!! Hat too..

Back
Top Bottom