The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
The thing that sucks is getting crap from my friends who don't understand the roots of the music, they just know the bbtm Weeknd (earned it, icfmf, in the night)

They just know I've been following the music since the start so when they hear **** like false alarm they give me crap for it and what can I really say lol. It's horrible since I don't feel like getting into a genuine discussion about what xo was before

Last edited:
The thing that sucks is getting crap from my friends who don't understand the roots of the music, they just know the bbtm Weeknd (earned it, icfmf, in the night)

They just know I've been following the music since the start so when they hear **** like false alarm they give me crap for it and what can I really say lol. It's horrible since I don't feel like getting into a genuine discussion about what xo was before
It's just music bruh. Let them like what they like.

I cant decide between hob and kl as his best piece of work. I honestly keep going back and forth. Both are masterpieces to me

It's just music bruh. Let them like what they like.
I don't care what they like lol, I'm speaking on them giving me crap for tracks like false alarm or bbtm.. but not really taking the time to understand his original music. I can lead them to water but can't force them to drink

It is what it is

This guy bringing up Meek Mill in a Weeknd thread lmao (it was pretty good though)

Maybe something's wrong with me but False Alarm is starting to grow. Maybe I'm just starting to accept the experimentation, especially since it's just one song. Everything apart from the hook is actually pretty fire.

Also found this explanation on Youtube for the Starboy video, seems kinda accurate (esp since he said religion plays a part in the album):

This is my take on it: His old self kills the version of him who got all the fame and money. He uses the cross to destroy everything in his home that was created by him. To me that represents his madness. He is caught between the flesh and God. Yet, his cat to me represents a dark side of him who still lives with him. As he drives away from the house and the cross, the cat becomes a larger cat. In my opinion, the darkness will continue to live with him. He leaves his religion behind. As for his home, I believe that represents all he that he has created. He also leaves it behind. He is now nomadically venturing into a new place (in his career) and he will continue to trust in the darkness within him. That darkness is represented by the large cat in his car. He rides alone with him and in him he trusts because it is all he has known.

Also found this explanation on Youtube for the Starboy video, seems kinda accurate (esp since he said religion plays a part in the album):

This is my take on it: His old self kills the version of him who got all the fame and money. He uses the cross to destroy everything in his home that was created by him. To me that represents his madness. He is caught between the flesh and God. Yet, his cat to me represents a dark side of him who still lives with him. As he drives away from the house and the cross, the cat becomes a larger cat. In my opinion, the darkness will continue to live with him. He leaves his religion behind. As for his home, I believe that represents all he that he has created. He also leaves it behind. He is now nomadically venturing into a new place (in his career) and he will continue to trust in the darkness within him. That darkness is represented by the large cat in his car. He rides alone with him and in him he trusts because it is all he has known.

Makes sense

Dude.............that was beautiful [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I really do like that breakdown of the video....I really do. But I want to believe there was a MJ symbol there. Like he's saying I will be that next Michael.

But man that is a good explanation but I don't think I want to truly know. I want to observe because we just don't know where this dude is at mentally and just how much of his career he's already mapped out.

I'll let the,"return to the mixtape days" go but I believe like every artist after a break up there is greatness that will come. So I will remain patient :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom