The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
The content on his ig page makes me laugh sometimes lol dude really is rolling in the money. Posting photo shoots and ****.. hilariously awkward

ALSO I WILL **** UP ANYONE WHO DISRESPECTS LIFE OF THE PARTY, THAT TRACK IS GOLDEN
One of my least favorite tracks from the OG 3 mixtapes. Just can't get down with it. Ironically it's one of my friends all-time favorite Weeknd tracks :lol:.

The content on his ig page makes me laugh sometimes lol dude really is rolling in the money. Posting photo shoots and ****.. hilariously awkward

Came a long way from the photos in the warehouses in the shadows.

He seen $55 million last year, start ******* a teenage supermodel and said "**** it, ****** ain't going back"

He seen $55 million last year, start ******* a teenage supermodel and said "**** it, ****** ain't going back"
He deserves everything he really does

I hope one day he decides to f around and bless us but I won't hold it against him if he never did

KL starts off with homie talking about a dude who purposely "chose the life" over the one. TitR shows a guy contemplating leaving the warmth of his home to go cry outside, only to realize it's pointless so he minus whale cry inside so his room mate who comes home after work can tell he's been emo all day over a broad. Just for a pat on the shoulder and a "you'll be alright, man, there are plenty of other fish in the sea. You'll bounce back in no time".

... You guys hail that and then slander Life of the Party, which is the peak debauchery you all claim to miss. How you gonna go asking for new wretched music when you don't eem appreciate what's already been given to you. :stoneface:

Like I said, y'all different.

Last edited:
Kissland still a solid 8.5/10 for me. -0.5 for Tears In The Rain and -1 for Live For

Life of the Party is not only a great song but it brings a ton of balance to the Thursday cd.

Thursday cd has a certain tone to it and I like how lonely star and life of the Party helps you ease into unless you want that mood/feeling then you skip straight to the Thursday song and let it rock the whole way thru.

Blinkin: KOTF also contains mad debauchery, I still don't understand how you don't like that song. It's like a song where he knows he's famous and kinda mainstream but he's still singing about his HOB life, the vid is also hella dope and reflects that nighttime Toronto vibe. TITR I can understand why you don't like it, you need to be in a certain mood to listen to that 

Also whoever doesn't think GTG is good then obvs isn't about the savage life...

Yep, his label seems to be trying hard to "clean" his image, but refine some of his sound to be more radio-friendly. I think they really nailed it with Earned It.

I still remember back in late 2010 on the Hypebeast forums when no one knew who was behind The Weeknd (or how to pronounce it: weekend or weakened), but we all loved his sound before he fully released HOB.

Last edited:
All I know is if I ever see any slander for Coming Down  you kicked out of #NTXO 
mad.gif

jk...
Not really 
nerd.gif

He's performing tonight on SNL -- guessing he's gonna do Starboy + False Alarm?

He should introduce a new track instead of False Alarm

Currently part of the studio audience for tonight's SNL. My son bout to make these birds wet

What the **** is "loft party" lmaooo you must be a new fan bud

ALSO can someone link the SNL performances??? I can't even watch it live 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom