The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
The album has grown on me a lot up to “Starry Eyes”
So hostile in here.
1641911349119.png

At the end of the day it's just opinions.

No need to get worked into a shoot if someone's doesn't agree with yours.

When CLB dropped it was way more hostile in the Drake thread 😭

This album is great. Don’t care what everyone else says. Been on constant repeat. The only things that I can still even complain about is the Quincy intro just doesn’t make any sense. The story just has no relevance. Great music. Should have been an instrumental interlude. And then the Wayne feature is pure garbage. Great song, no need for that verse. The rest is fire. It’s okay to like good pop music.

Trying to give it a better chance but man the first 6 songs are just terrible . Like really really bad , almost like a parody

But everybody has a little mid in they catalog so it’s cool . Hoping I vibe to the next album more , whenever that releases .

Man nah that's just some quick back and forth :lol: . No hostility for over here my guys

Exactly it’s all jokes lol I know adobe an OG, just had to give him a hard time, pause

And yo I used to skip the Quincy part too and just let it ride one time… it makes alot of sense actually. He’s explaining how he has subconsciously hurt people in his past and I think Abel related to that.

Couple days. We got one. :emoji_eyes:

It’s definitely grown on me heavy lol. The first 5 tracks are flames, but I can see they are very divisive lol. I can’t get into Dont Break My Heart or the Wayne track at all.

I’d say the album is definitely better than Starboy, maybe BBTM also, not sure yet.

This ain’t it compared to Abel’s other work. Ish sounds like a bad soundtrack to an American Horror Story 80’s episode or something. You Star Boy’s be reaching with your claims and about sequencing and what not. This is his I Am/Nastradamus. Nas able to deliver another classic after those his weed plate misses, so hopefully Abel can bounce back.

If this is another "trilogy", its the spiderman 3 of it. I hear alot of inspiration taken from Kavinsky...for example

But Kavinsky does 80s synth 10000% better. Abel should of just worked with Kavinsky if hes trying to go that route.

Ill give Dawn AM a few spins because im sure something will "stick", but so far its doing nothing for me.

Back
Top Bottom