The Wire

I like the Wire because you don't get the "Happy Ending" you get the "Real Ending." And it's cool because throughout the show youcan see how character's develop. It's interesting how they show how Bubbles become Bubbles, not by Bubbles own story, but by how Dukie becomes Bubbles.Same way with Michael/Omar, Sydnor/McNulty, Carver/Daniels, so on and so forth.

The references to earlier seasons were dope, like the kids throwing rocks at the City Watch thing. When I see Marlo on the corner bleeding, I think toAvon's famous "I'm just a gangster I suppose" from Season 3 if I'm not mistaken. Seeing Chris and Weebay at the end chattin it up wascool too, they both took the time for their crews, got wife and kids at home. Just goes to show how the cycle continues.

^ and there you have it...didnt even look at it like that...good stuff.

the best story tellers know when and how to end a story...leaving the viewer wanting more.

im already getting cold sweats and starting to withdraw knowing there is no more.
laugh.gif

welp. all good things come to an end...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by delgc23

thats what i was thinkin too boss playa; thats all Marlo knows...i mean can you see him workin a 9 to 5?? NOPE!!!!

eyes of hazel, i forgot about the newspaper... i couldnt stand Templeton and them other editors, and then they were rewarded with something at the end. Makes me wonder if this is how real newspapers are because Templeton was "bending" the truth on the daily!!!

honestly, i dont see this show ending; i feel like there were too many loose ends! i can see a spinoff with Mike and Dookie being the principal characters
I read yesterday that the Templeton storyline was based on something that actually happened at the Baltimore Sun. One of the writers for the show useto work for The Sun. And Marlo wouldn't really have to work a 9-5 based on the money he's going to make off of selling his connect. His lawyer wouldhelp him work that money as always.

The ending was aight but with the angle of the series its only so much u could do with that storyline b4 it got too repetitive...like someone already said itswas basically everything coming full circle...the same story being told over again with all new players...it was good while it lasted and the spinoffs should binteresting...personally I would like to see a movie....

I posted up in the Gen Pop on the last Ep. and like I said there I will say again. This show ending actually saddens me. I have NEVER felt like that about ashow. A Show I HAD to see every week and was my own hypocrite getting on those who watched it earlier until I had On DEMAND and then did it myself...

I am in awe of the Directors because two White Dudes Directed a show about Black America inner cities and was on point to the TEE. I agree that the Newspaperstory line told some important underlyin things that people don't want to face.

Minorities takin an L while the white dude gets ahead by BSing....and I am the biggest critic of those who use race as an excuse NOT to do something, but thatstory line was the truth...

When I explain to white friends, that in today's world, me and my dark skin counter part can compete for the same position at a Corporate Level job andbecause I am light Skin I will have the advantage over my darker counter part because of my lighter skin.

Hard for them to understand and some even argue that it CAN"T be like that, but hey... the truth is hard to swallow.. Just like the Wire.

I didn't like how Dook went out either on the show.. and Mike's character in the show just didn't equate to the Omar type...(*#@% role notincluded) Mike was smart and believed in doing the right thing even if it was within the wrong settin....but he was the smartest among ALL the kids even Dook..cause his smarts were street AND Hustle...

I wish the relation between Cheese, Prop Joe and Randy was explained...and I also appreciated the way they had Slim Charles Body Cheese and accept being theCEO he didn't think he could be.

Daniels had better suits as a Homicide Detective than he did a Lawyer.. what was that last scene about? lol Why didn't they explain what Daniels and hisex-wife did that was so bad?

Why did Carcetti have two advisors? One white,,, one black.. cause Norman kept it as real all the time. Even laughed at the Mayor..

If there was a Spin off that went into another direction, that would be cool, but they pretty much fed us that everything is a cycle..so another showcouldn't help.. BUT a prequel to all of this could be great...

Mike turns into the "New Omar". I was so happy when Cheese got clapped. Rock Daniels was apart of a currupt unit with Ervin Burrel at the helm Ibelieve. The unit took kick backs and stuff like that.

Marlo Marlo Marlo. 10 MILL to get out the game and still felt like he had to prove himself on the streets. "Man name is my name!". Fool please, Iwould be island hoping the next day.

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Can someone explain to me what Sydnour was telling the judge at the end?
telling him about some drug crew doing dirt and how the PD needs to get involved. almost mcnulty's speech verbatim from season one (I think firstepisode too) about the barksdale crew.

I believe he was telling them how Marlo was gonna be let go b/c of some in house faulty PD work that got covered up (Mcnulty). Lol

I didn't like how Dook went out either on the show.. and Mike's character in the show just didn't equate to the Omar type...(*#@% role not included) Mike was smart and believed in doing the right thing even if it was within the wrong settin....but he was the smartest among ALL the kids even Dook.. cause his smarts were street AND hustle...
I think the end played out well. Ofcourse there is going to be wholes, ofcourse things are not going to make sense...good story teller leaves theaudience wanting more. Also, you cant really say Mikes character doesnt equate to the "Omar type" because essentially, you dont know how Omarwas...I think the story depicts the common theory of being a product of your environment very well. Which is why Mike is the new Omar. Think back to when Dookwas reminicing about the time they through those piss baloons at them kids and dook took an %!@ whoopin. Peeps felt like Mike tried to carry Dook when I dontthink that was the case. You could really tell how this young boy transitioned into that lifestyle of being an intelligent killer/gangsta, and how it strippedhim of his adolescence. Being just another victim to the hood, dude was so caught up in %++* he couldnt even recall the past. Omar was also an intelligent (yetgay
laugh.gif
) killer/gangsta as well. Same %++* could have easily happened withhim...nothing ever seems like what it is in the beginning, but when society grabs hold and starts to make its mold, you never know what to expect...

Dook, he was always a lost cause imo...from the beginning. Dook never had any stabilityg...only thing stable he had was the teacher and mike...and when youloose stability, 9 times outta 10, you take the easiest way out. And in the hood, that was just another option. I can only imagine how many people decide totake that route.

just my interpretation, of the situation that is...

^^^Good stuff. I though for sure Prez was gonna save Dook, but I could never recall a happy ending on The Wire. Is this the season for an Emmy or some type ofan award? How can it be "The best show on t.v." without being rewarded for it?

just gave all the seasons a download last night ... i will start watching soon enough ... i didnt even realize this was the last season ... im so damn busy imyears late lmao

nothing ever seems like what it is in the beginning, but when society grabs hold and starts to make its mold, you never know what to expect...

True statement. Watch the Ondemand short on Omar and it will let you into his character a little bit. Omar had morals (execpt for killing... lol) and he onlyhit those who were guilty of wrong doing. "It aint about the drugs or the money"... this is why he was the illest H 2da-emoh thug in B-more. Lol.

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

^^^Good stuff. I though for sure Prez was gonna save Dook, but I could never recall a happy ending on The Wire. Is this the season for an Emmy or some type of an award? How can it be "The best show on t.v." without being rewarded for it?

Lots of great shows, and people, never receive accolades. Such is the world.

i think it was well-done with the last esp .... didnt like how they make Marlo seem untouchable in the end and they "off" Omar just like that lol.

wondering if the MD peeps can school me on domaJe ( the 4th season intro which I think is the best one ). thought they were dope and soulful

Back
Top Bottom