The Wolverine - Movie Thread (07/26/13) - Trailers on page 7

Hugh jackman just hamed it up. Lets make it PG-13 so...10 year olds can watch it.............

News Flash: If you make it rated R and tell a 10 year old he can't watch it, it's gonna want to make him watch it more. But I'm being stupid, cause I'd watch it even if it was PG. Marvel takes all my money

Wanting to see a movie =/= ticket sales(Hollywood likes its money back as fast as possible).

Last edited:
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that First Class is a complete reboot of the series and they only brought back the same actors to keep them familiar to the audience. I don't think the new one will tie in to X1-3 at all

Also every X movie minus First Class has been about Wolverine. They need to establish a better world and richer characters before reintroducing him but they'll mess it up like they always do

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that First Class is a complete reboot of the series and they only brought back the same actors to keep them familiar to the audience. I don't think the new one will tie in to X1-3 at all

I do think they will mix it up, probably consider First Class came from a different universe/dimension from X1-X3.

I do think they will mix it up, probably consider First Class came from a different universe/dimension from X1-X3.
What was their reasoning for making First Class during the Cuban Missile Crisis and changing up the original team? Just to sort of make it their own and change stuff? It's just confusing since like you guys mentioned, they had Mystique and Wolverine in the movie. Now the sequel to First Class will have a connection to the original 3 movies since the actors who played Prof X, Magneto, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, and Colossus are in it. I feel like Fox does this stuff just to mess with people. Like why would they make Deadpool like Baraka from Mortal Kombat in the first Wolverine movie? It didn't make any sense at all and made the writers look like dumbasses.

Last edited:

What was their reasoning for making First Class during the Cuban Missile Crisis and changing up the original team? Just to sort of make it their own and change stuff? It's just confusing since like you guys mentioned, they had Mystique and Wolverine in the movie. Now the sequel to First Class will have a connection to the original 3 movies since the actors who played Prof X, Magneto, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, and Colossus are in it. I feel like Fox does this stuff just to mess with people. Like why would they make Deadpool like Baraka from Mortal Kombat in the first Wolverine movie? It didn't make any sense at all and made the writers look like dumbasses.

I don't think First Class was done with a sequel in mind and they are just trying to work with what they have.

As for Barakapool, writers just seemed like non-comics book fans and just tried to fit in as much fan favorites to a movie as possible, hence we get a stupid Gambit that was really pointless. You can remove him and replace him with Mole man and still be the same crappy movie.

I don't think First Class was done with a sequel in mind and they are just trying to work with what they have.

As for Barakapool, writers just seemed like non-comics book fans and just tried to fit in as much fan favorites to a movie as possible, hence we get a stupid Gambit that was really pointless. You can remove him and replace him with Mole man and still be the same crappy movie.

Studios will just continue with the laziness and the pushing of crappy products then. How difficult is it to hire writers who are familiar with the material or will at least do their research? It's like they intentionally do the opposite of what is going on at Marvel Studios. Marvel obviously cares about their characters and properties so they put out quality stuff.

Hugh Jackman ‏@RealHughJackman 3h
Thursday(5/2) at 12pmEST join me for The Wolverine LIVE Twitter Q&A.Submit your question using #AskHugh #TheWolverine

BJCLwmMCUAAclIO.jpg:large

Well, I'm really hoping that this next X-Men movie changes the timeline of the previous X-Films. Meaning, I hope the death of Xavier, Jean Grey, and Cyclops will all be wiped away through the events of Days of Future Past...That's what I'm hoping...And this the next X-Men movie isn't another Wolverine movie.

My prediction is that The Wolverine will somehow tie-in to X-Men: Days of Future Past and Fox will expand the X-Men universe....I'm hopeful.

Man I hope they don't F this movie up. The Logan/Japan story line is my favorite comic story line...

from what i pulled from the trailers, movie seems mediocre. this is kinda unrelated but jean grey actress is 1.5/10 on some kirsten dunst as mary jane type ish :smh: but the wolverine game on ps2 was piff :lol:

Back
Top Bottom