The Wolverine - Movie Thread (07/26/13) - Trailers on page 7

By the reviews it seems like the climax is Wolverine Origins like, ie what you might expect when you hear "robot Silver Samurai"

But the rest of the film is a solid action film

I'm cool with that. Just hoping when I get to the last fight it's not cringe worthy

of course he aint ready to give up because he knows all those movies sucked and he wants to finally get it right. which wont happen unless he goes back to marvel

He's not ready to give it up, because it's a steady big check. He doesn't care about getting it right.

By the reviews it seems like the climax is Wolverine Origins like, ie what you might expect when you hear "robot Silver Samurai"

But the rest of the film is a solid action film

I'm cool with that. Just hoping when I get to the last fight it's not cringe worthy
I'm not. Of all movies a comic book movie almost has an was way out because they have so many stories to choose from already written out almost frame by frame. An "ok" xmen IMO is trash.

Silver Samurai looked sick in the preview I saw last night before Pacific Rim.
Wolverine and Ninjas? Im game.

The only plot hole I see is if Wolverine loses his healing factor which is his natural mutant power, his body wouldnt be able to handle the adamantium laced on his bones. Thats what makes him unique. Sabretooth and Deadpool also have healing factors but not as extensive as Wolverine's.

Thats just my comic geek side talkin tho

Last edited:
I'm not. Of all movies a comic book movie almost has an was way out because they have so many stories to choose from already written out almost frame by frame. An "ok" xmen IMO is trash.

Yeah for me I'm more intrigued by the action, ronin theme, setting etc. I probably wouldn't notice or care if they bastardized the X-Men storyline or characters but that's me

Although even I know that Silver Samurai isn't supposed to be some giant robot... so that might take me out of it.

Yeah for me I'm more intrigued by the action, ronin theme, setting etc. I probably wouldn't notice or care if they bastardized the X-Men storyline or characters but that's me

Although even I know that Silver Samurai isn't supposed to be some giant robot... so that might take me out of it.
Silver samurai is a what?!?!?!???? :smh:

Likely not a whole film and it's not a robot, likely an upgraded armor for the final bout.
From the display at comic-con, it looks like an armor than an actual robot.

Soooo it wouldn't be too far fetched to expect silver samurai to come back in UMVC3 for any of my gamers out there :nerd:

55% on RT.

Still only 11 reviews so far but I hope you guys agreed upon something on that bet. :lol:

Just let the film be better than the first. Add good action, decent storyline, and hints of the Days of Future Past and the future Fox Marvel Universe, that's fine with me.

Silver Samurai looked sick in the preview I saw last night before Pacific Rim.
Wolverine and Ninjas? Im game.

The only plot hole I see is if Wolverine loses his healing factor which is his natural mutant power, his body wouldnt be able to handle the adamantium laced on his bones. Thats what makes him unique. Sabretooth and Deadpool also have healing factors but not as extensive as Wolverine's.

Thats just my comic geek side talkin tho

weren't all mutant X creations imbedded with healing factors? wolverine was the only one with natural healing ability

Last edited:
How are you going to determine whether the movie sucks or not? I mean one person could love it while the other could hate it.

I am going to watch this going in with low expectations so chances are im going to love it :lol:

From the panel, they said we see Wolverine and beserk mode and that this film is much more violent than any other XMen films.

Also...

For those asking, do you REALLY want to have the whole movie spoiled? If you want to see if he wears a costume, go see the movie! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom