The Wolverine - Movie Thread (07/26/13) - Trailers on page 7

THE WOLVERINE Will Receive "Bloodier" Unrated Cut Says Director James Mangold

Digital Spy recently sat down with director James Mangold to discuss his career and his upcoming superhero movie, The Wolverine. The director let a few things slip, including that "a slightly more violent version... let's say an unrated, a bloodier version" will be released when the DVD/Blu-Ray hits stores later this year. While this is exciting news for those fans who wanted a badass/more violent Wolverine, the director also says that despite the PG-13 rating on the theatrical release, fans of the comic book character should still go see the film. The director also revealed that "people have buzzed around my interest in them [Comic Book Movies] before and I've been curious about them before, but I've always gotten the sense, from the harrowing tales of other directors' experiences, that they largely become things that are out of their control."

Origins really drained the hype out of this franchise. :lol:

Anyone else actually excited to see this? I'm still going to a midnight showing and actually can't wait to see it.

Anyone else actually excited to see this? I'm still going to a midnight showing and actually can't wait to see it.

I still am. Origins let me down, but I also LOVED Liev's performance, loved the five minutes Deadpool got, liked Gambit a little bit, and liked the stuff between Logan and the #1 guy. (Forgot his name). There were parts I enjoyed, just not a complete film.

I don't focus on every single miscue like people seem to enjoy doing with MOS. So I'm still hopeful with this one. Maybe they get this one right and we get even more amped for FoDP.

I'm down to see this I liked origins till they got to the nuclear plant and it provided a decent video game. I just wished they planned these movies out a bit more

not wanting to be spoiled but can u tell me if there is anything during or after credits to wait for?

Oh yeah man you definitely have to sit through after the first credits roll :wink: if anything, it makes up for what the entire film may have lacked

By the way, saw it on 3D, save your money (though never really been a fan of 3D). The only film i enjoyed watching on IMAX 3D so far is Pacific Rim

My brother usually watches movies with me but he's refusing to see this one. He's been disappointed with comic movies this summer and has given up. He hated ironman and superman.

the movie videos are saying all the right things but they also did for the last one........ i guess ill watch it 2-3 weeks after its out

74% at RT at the moment.

Origins was 38% btw, not a difficult movie to top but how much better this film will be is the question.

Love Wolverine but I have no desire to see this right now. I'll check it out eventually, same thing for the Superman movie

Going to see it midnight as well. I'm going in with really low expectations so even if its just a little bit better than origins I'll be content lol

BOX OFFICE: THE WOLVERINE Now On Course For $75-80M Opening Weekend

The Wolverine slashes his way back into theaters this Friday, and the Hugh Jackman-starrer is now expected to gross a solid $75-80M in its opening weekend (higher than the previously reported $70M, but still lower than the $85M debut for 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine).

probably going to catch this on a weekday and use my cousins hook up at the theater for free tix/popcorn 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom