The word "Gay"

Michael Scott: "Gay had many meanings. It used to mean happy and when I was growing up it meant lame. Now it is a word for homsexual love.

I butchered the quote but something like that.

Dude isn't saying it's new he's just addressing an issue. So now people can't bring up issues because they're old? Let's not bring upracism, homophobia or anything else because it's old news.

Comparisons can prove some points, but not all. "Ghetto" and "Slutty" were used as comparisons, but they don't stop either fromgetting married, and they aren't as frowned upon as Gays are. I used to use the word gay in a negative connotation in high school and before, until ibecame good friends with gay people. I've stopped since then, and I don't like it when other people use it too, but they are just uneducated about theword, and have no real-life experience with gay people, so it's understandable. It sucks, but there's really nothing you can do about it. I just usethe word "lame" in place of it.

You gay for being so late. J.k.. but really though, you're late. It's not like it's really a bad thing though.. I can see why people feel bad aboutit though.

you make a lot of pointless threads trying to spark 'interesting conversation' . who HASNT noticed that
69d35c6be00e5fc4932f9fefb06bc341133e760.gif
?

I say it all the time and will make an effort to not say it as often. but if a friend comes in wearing a purple jacket and fur lining ima say thats gay.
because that is what (stereotypical) gay person would wear.

iBlink wrote:

"When you say something is dumb or stupid"

Hell, "dumb" and "stupid" are both insults as well
laugh.gif

people use "dumb" as an insult more often than "gay" and the definition of "dumb" is lacking the ability ofspeech.�"bad" can mean bad or good.�"ill" is misused as well.
POINT IS there are a lot of words that are used as insults or just used as another�meaning.

��

gay people get offended over anything

if a straight person shake thier head at them because they are talking too loud

they get offended
grin.gif

It's just a word to me.Like you said, using it that way just means soft/weak. Like dude "Your cd collection is so gay"

Originally Posted by iBlink

It's been twisted into something that expresses distaste. I hear things "Dude that jacket's so gay", and "Dude, you're so gay". Anyone else notice how a word intended to classify homosexuals has turned into sort of a characteristic?
You just noticed it?
Damn.

The word has evolved so much. Like at one point, it meant happy, then it was used to describe a homosexual, now it is just describes anything that youdon't like.

I got banned for 2 weeks for using "gay" inappropriately in this way on NT, learned my lesson.

Originally Posted by iBlink

It's been twisted into something that expresses distaste. I hear things "Dude that jacket's so gay", and "Dude, you're so gay". Anyone else notice how a word intended to classify homosexuals has turned into sort of a characteristic?
laugh.gif

How observant you are!

I'm pretty sure homosexual is the word used to classify a homosexual. Gay is slang that came from those flamboyant homosexuals who seemed to be happy andin a good mood all the time and is now used to label them. And where have you been? It's been that way for some time now. If it bothers you, then pettitionto have it stopped or something. Untill then, keep it pushin'....

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

gay people get offended over anything

if a straight person shake thier head at them because they are talking too loud

they get offended
grin.gif

Finally someone that tells it like it is. gay people do way too much crap for attention, not all but many do. IE the gay pride parade, bright clothes, alwaysgiving off the impression that they are the scapegoats of society etc

Back
Top Bottom