THEE OFFICIAL 2010-2011 MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD : CONGRATS MAVS FANS

Bibby is going to be a solid addition. He has a natural point guard game and temperament.  For what he lacks on defense, he'll make up with his consistent stroke from 3.  And it's not like Chalmers and Arroyo haven't allowed more penetration than Tera Patrick in her prime.

[h1]Source: Mike Bibby headed to Heat[/h1]

http://search.espn.go.com/chris-broussard/

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/61/mike-bibby
Mike Bibby and the Washington Wizards have agreed to terms on a buyout.

61.jpg

Bibby

In a stunning move, Bibby, whom the Wizards acquired from Atlanta last week in a trade for Kirk Hinrich, gave up his entire salary for next season. The 32-year-old point guard had one year and $6.2 million left on his deal.

"He sacrificed some money in order to win a championship," said David Falk, Bibby's agent. "Once you're past 10, 11 years in the league, you want to be in a situation where you can win. He's got some attractive options open to him."

Bibby is eager to sign with a title-contending team after clearing waivers, and sources say the Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics, Miami Heat and Portland Trail Blazers are interested in him.

Bibby will clear waivers on Wednesday. While Falk said Bibby has not made a decision yet about which team he will join, one source close to the situation said he's headed to Miami.

The source also said Miami is the front-runner for Troy Murphy. The Heat will have to cut as many players as they sign, and the source said Carlos Arroyo and Jamaal Magloire are the likeliest candidates.

However, Falk, who doesn't represent Murphy, maintained that nothing has been agreed to.

"I've been in touch with six or seven of the top teams," he said. "Nothing can be done until he clears waivers."

For Washington, the deal is a sweetheart one that will knock next season's payroll down to roughly $38 million, which is $20 million below the current salary cap.

Chris Broussard

594360121240cf8a76a413f3a662b25cf336daf2_r.gif

[h1]Mike Bibby plans to sign with Miami Heat[/h1]

MIAMI — 
A pair of independent sources have confirmed to the Sun Sentinel that veteran point guard Mike Bibby plans to sign with theMiami Heat in the wake of Monday's buyout from the Washington Wizards.

Bibby, acquired last week from the Atlanta Hawks at the NBAtrading deadline, agreed, according to multiple reports, to bypass his $6.2 million 2011-12 salary from the Wizards in order to move to a contender.

Tuesday is the deadline for players to be waived in order to appear on another team's playoff roster.

Bibby, 32, with his playmaking and shooting, would provide the Heat with an instant upgrade over current starting point guard Mario Chalmers, although he would not address the Heat's lack of deference deterrence at the position.

Among the reasons Bibby was dealt from the Hawks was for the defensive upgrade provided by Kirk Hinrich, who was acquired in return for Bibby.

Bibby must clear the 48-hour NBA waiver cycle, which would leave him free to sign with the Heat by Wednesday night. The Heat next play Thursday night at home against the Orlando Magic.

Bibby is the brother-in-law of Heat guard Eddie House and also is close with Heat forward LeBron James, who spent time with Bibby following last Friday's Heat victory over the Wizards at AmericanAirlines Arena.

In fact, in the wake of Bibby being dealt at last Thursday's NBA trading deadline to the Wizards, Heat guard Dwyane Wade said the Hawks might come to regret the move.

"Mike Bibby was huge for them, was big," Wade said. "Not having Mike Bibby, I don't really know how their team will shake out."

The Heat also stand as frontrunners to acquire outside-shooting power forward Troy Murphy, who Monday received a buyout from the Golden State Warriors. Murphy, too, would become available to be signed on Wednesday. Murphy was acquired at last week's trading deadline from the New Jersey Nets.

To accommodate Bibby and Murphy, the Heat would have to waive two players. While veteran power forwardJuwan Howard stood as a player likely to be released, he is represented by David Falk, who also represents Bibby, and an accommodation may have been negotiated to make sure he is safe on the roster.

via Ira Winderman

Originally Posted by h3at23

Mike Bibby and the Washington Wizards have agreed to terms on a buyout.

61.jpg

Bibby

In a stunning move, Bibby, whom the Wizards acquired from Atlanta last week in a trade for Kirk Hinrich, gave up his entire salary for next season. The 32-year-old point guard had one year and $6.2 million left on his deal.

"He sacrificed some money in order to win a championship," said David Falk, Bibby's agent. "Once you're past 10, 11 years in the league, you want to be in a situation where you can win. He's got some attractive options open to him."

Bibby is eager to sign with a title-contending team after clearing waivers, and sources say the Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics, Miami Heat and Portland Trail Blazers are interested in him.

Bibby will clear waivers on Wednesday. While Falk said Bibby has not made a decision yet about which team he will join, one source close to the situation said he's headed to Miami.

The source also said Miami is the front-runner for Troy Murphy. The Heat will have to cut as many players as they sign, and the source said Carlos Arroyo and Jamaal Magloire are the likeliest candidates.

However, Falk, who doesn't represent Murphy, maintained that nothing has been agreed to.

"I've been in touch with six or seven of the top teams," he said. "Nothing can be done until he clears waivers."

For Washington, the deal is a sweetheart one that will knock next season's payroll down to roughly $38 million, which is $20 million below the current salary cap.
Chris Broussard

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 this would be dope h3at for sure!

Originally Posted by roboski

h3at23 wrote:

61.jpg

Bibby

The source also said Miami is the front-runner for Troy Murphy.
Chris Broussard

Please let this happen. Getting Bibby is almost just as good as getting Chauncey Billiups for a incredible discount.

indifferent.gif
Slap yourself, he ain't as good as Chauncey in any department.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Would Murphy be in the starting 5?

i wouldnt doubt it... bibby, wade, lebron, bosh, murphy... taking a job from dampier shouldnt be that hard... 

Adding Bibby and Murphy solidifies two spots on the roster that the Heat definitely needed to upgrade on. Chalmers has been given an opportunity but he lacks the awareness that all good PG's need. Bibby would be able to make better decisions and cut down the TO's.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

Would Murphy be in the starting 5?

i wouldnt doubt it... bibby, wade, lebron, bosh, murphy... taking a job from dampier shouldnt be that hard... 

I was asking because neither Bosh nor Murphy are true centers, but they both have the height to play center. At least more than Joel Anthony, who is an undersized center. Weird situation. I don't know much about Murphy, but I know that other than being a great rebounder, he isn't exactly a banger, and more of a guy who is more of a jumpshooting big man like Bosh is.

Bibby is clutch. No doubt. Though the way the Heat are constructed they'll make him a spot-up guy. Bibby's been clutch in the past with the ball not as a spot up guy...

3 all-stars and patchwork. Way to build a team, Riley.

laugh.gif
 @ almost as good as getting Chauncey.
Mike Bibby is BARELY an upgrade from Chalmers/Arroyo these days.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Bibby is clutch. No doubt. Though the way the Heat are constructed they'll make him a spot-up guy. Bibby's been clutch in the past with the ball not as a spot up guy...

3 all-stars and patchwork. Way to build a team, Riley.

laugh.gif
cavs fans are the last one to talk about buiding around lebron....
 1 1/2 all stars with patchwork... way to build a team gilbert....

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif
 @ almost as good as getting Chauncey.
Mike Bibby is BARELY an upgrade from Chalmers/Arroyo these days.
bibby is better then arroyo... bibby might not be as good on defense as chalmers...but he has a better ball IQ, if he can have less turn overs, make a couple 3's and not miss uncontested lay ups... i cant be mad for a simple pick up... we are not getting rid of chalmers.. just arroyo and moglorie if bibby and murphy decide to come..

Has there ever been a crazier season as far as trades, buyouts, and freeagency??? Every time I see Lebron in a Heat jersey I'm still in disbelief... SMH at myself.

sucks for arroyo tho. but he just hasnt performed. i think bibby will bring some life to that pg position. hopefully...

Damn you Heat haters!! I said "almost as good" as Chauncey. Some how reading comprehension is lacking and all you saw was "Bibby is better than...." or "just as good as..."   
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom