THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers basically bottom third?!?

Gonna enjoy the comedown.
Lol that's part of my point. If you have the best record in the league, every team is going to lower your SOS. Even with that they had like the 4th toughest schedule until they played the warriors and it dropped way down. Or they beat the spurs when they were like 4-1 and now the spurs are trash so that's not considered a strong win anymore. A team like Houston stacked up wins against weak teams but if you beat a team like that it's considered a strong win. Houston hasn't beaten any team at full strength and I don't even think SOS factors that in. Etc etc

What's the point of this

The play-in proposal is this: two four-team tournaments featuring the seventh, eighth, ninth, and 10th seeds in each conference. The seventh seed would host the eighth seed, with the winner of that single game earning the seventh spot, league sources said.

The ninth seed would host the 10th seed, with the winner of that game facing the loser of the 7-versus-8 matchup for the final playoff spot.

Bud got **** for implementing the WC too. Now it's one of the best sporting events of the year.

GG Nuggets fans! Tough game to watch especially when Kemba went down. Struggled listening through the radio cuz I had work during the game.

Rob Williams should do a better job of challenging those final shots. That Millsap 3 killed them :pimp: :lol:

Anyway, a 2-3 west coast trip? I’ll take it. Should have been 3-2 if Marcus just banked the layup against the Kings. Other than that, the team was competitive and that’s a great sign. The team just needs to be more consistent in closing out games.

Finally gonna be able to sleep on time :rofl:

Basketball =/= Baseball. Unless we're going to care about 8 fringe playoff teams battling it out to get washed in the first round

Is there really that much of a difference between the 8th seed and the 10th seed? They're both going to get washed, but at least this adds some intrigue to the end of the season.

What's going to be funny is when 9th and 10th purposely lose those games so they can stay in the draft lottery.

Honestly, though, you're right. This isn't going to work in the NBA without some playoff contraction. Being the 9th seed and missing the playoffs > being the 8th seed and making it.

Is there really that much of a difference between the 8th seed and the 10th seed? They're both going to get washed, but at least this adds some intrigue to the end of the season.

What's going to be funny is when 9th and 10th purposely lose those games so they can stay in the draft lottery.

Honestly, though, you're right. This isn't going to work in the NBA without some playoff contraction. Being the 9th seed and missing the playoffs > being the 8th seed and making it.
Good points, didn't even think of that one. Teams won't even want to make it and load manage the Play In game 😂

Good points, didn't even think of that one. Teams won't even want to make it and load manage the Play In game 😂

Imagine the 7th seed is 20 games ahead of the 9th seed, and then their star player goes down just before the playoffs start. They could tank 2 games and drop to 9th and have a shot at a high draft pick.

They're going to have to add some lottery protections to make this worthwhile for the 9th and 10th seeds.

Nah I think the league will be ready for an expansion team or 2 in around 5 years. They should be able to plan for that now.

seattle needs their team back

also, how can ANYONE hate on pat bev? unless you're on the opposite team, i mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom