THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not conflating a person's non-basketball life to their basketball prospects. I feel like that's a COMPLETELY separate conversation. I am speaking simply about on-court basketball activity...and the different paths/levels of development players embark on.

ahh that’s where we differ. I think for some their non basketball lives have a direct correlation to their basketball life. I remember how Allen Iverson’s mom went without paying the light bill so that AI could have basketball shoes. For some, they really do go together. Or when player x is trying to go league but all his homies gangbang or like bron being poor and being raised by a teen mom.

idk how one could separate one from the other. Being poor and from the slums could motivate you to do things and hang around people that can adversely affect your life chances not just in sports.

from a strictly basketball perspective I’d agree with you.

Whos the best player that didnt play D1? Not including any high school to pro guys.

Guess international guys can be included

When I think of an underdog I think of Devean George or like Dennis Rodman or something.
i put guys like Devean George in the overachiever category.

Overachiever's can be looked at as underdogs because its unexpected.

But to say Steph was an underdog seems weird to me.

Bro I’ve played with plenty of players that got three offers to mid majors. If they went on to become back to back NBA MVP’s and the orchestrator of a god damn dynasty I’d say it’s a pretty good underdog story :lol:

overachiever isn’t the same as underdog to me. The former is what you’re describing.

A lotto pick becoming an all time great isn’t some underdog story man lol not to me at least

One thing I’ve noticed as of late is people think a lot of is don’t like Steph because of his “underdog” status or because he is short, lightskin, religious etc. But I think really what they’re saying is the reason they like steph is because he is an “underdog” lightskin, religious etc.

I don’t mind that at all. I like certain players because of non-basketball things But don’t use that to tell me why I don’t like steph. :lol: I actually liked steph coming out of Davidson but he’s collateral damage. I’ve been hatingGSW since we were both winning 20 games.

don't think anyone on here can come up with 30 names throughout nba history of a player whose father was also an NBA player... And the nba drafts what.. 60 players a year?....
Of the top 50 players in nba history, how many had a son who made the nba?

2 - Rick Barry and Bill Walton. I didn’t count John Stockton because his son David only played in a handful of NBA games.

Also he had 7 mid major scholarship offers not 3 and by his sophomore year had lottery talk around him. Nope no underdog story.

You going real hard with this, then saying you don’t “care either way” :lol:. Winthrop, Wofford, Davidson, VCU, William & Mary & High Point were Mid Major D1 offers at the time.

The only “high Major” offer he got...was an offer to be a Walk on at Va Tech (his dads Alma matter). That’s where the “1 scholarship talk comes from”. They’re talking about from high Major....especially in ACC country with what he did in high school.

“Underdog talk” is relative and kinda silly. But for you to act like digging up that Steph got offered from high point and Winthrop as a gotcha moment to him not being heavily recruited is Really FUNNY.

You better than this.

I don't think anyone on here can come up with 30 names throughout nba history of a player whose father was also an NBA player... And the nba drafts what.. 60 players a year?

If you can name 30 names... Please list them.

30 names?

kobe
Kevin love
Klay
Andrew wiggins
Steph
Seth
GRIII
GPII
Mike Conley
Luke
Mike bibby
Jae crowder
Ed davis
Mike dunleavy
Jerami grant
Jerian grant
Tim hardaway jr
Gerald henderson
Al horford
Wes matthews
Larry nance
Jabari parker
Sabonis
Garret temple
Wally szerbyiak
Dajuan wagner
Jalen rose
Justice winslow
Dave stockton
AJ price
Glen rice
Jim paxson
John paxson

thats over 30 playboy, shut your mouth when grown folks talking

DE350B89-C1A7-4636-9649-B08F7D66151C.jpeg

You going real hard with this, then saying you don’t “care either way” :lol:. Winthrop, Wofford, Davidson, VCU, William & Mary & High Point were Mid Major D1 offers at the time.

The only “high Major” offer he got...was an offer to be a Walk on at Va Tech (his dads Alma matter). That’s where the “1 scholarship talk comes from”. They’re talking about from high Major....especially in ACC country with what he did in high school.

“Underdog talk” is relative and kinda silly. But for you to act like digging up that Steph got offered from high point and Winthrop as a gotcha moment to him not being heavily recruited is Really FUNNY.

You better than this.

It’s not a gotcha moment, it’s just an error on buc em part. And I’m really only participating because I’m at work waiting until 5 to leave :lol:

That’s 7 mid majors who offered Steph on the heels of being an all state performer with an NBA father. If you think that that qualifies as being an underdog then so be it but I disagree.

And my argument was NEVER about him getting high major attention it was simply that not being offered by high majors doesn’t mean you’re an underdog

I look at more than points scored to determine a player’s impact on a series. Im not saying I’m right or you’re wrong but I see where the disconnect is. If I’m being honest I would say KD was the best player on the last 3 warriors teams but I’d assume that you’d say Steph was. Again, tough to say who’s right but that’s sports, right? Having said all this, however, I don’t see how anyone can Have another player ahead of LeBron.

I’d say it’s truly debatable who the best player on the last 3 warriors team is. The data says Steph. The toughest series they faced (Rockets 2018, says Steph). The signature moment in the game 3s of the two series where the Warriors lost a total of 1 game.. and the award every one remembers says KD. So you can take that for what you want. (But that’s would be looking at “more than PPG 😏). I’m simply responding to you saying by my logic....and listing players of teams Kawhi was on, when he wasn’t the leader or drove winning in those series as somehow irony to the players I listed that Steph led teams truly beat...with him as the driving force behind it.

And again, it’s not to take anything away from Kawhi. Because his decade was unconventional but still dominant over a short time. But he maxed his time in those moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom