THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph Curry really causes the dumbest arguments on here by far.

Arguing with timid Tebow and QU!K QU!K (who thought tmac was still in the league a year ago). It always brings out the lowest of the low in these threads who can’t acknowledge very simple points.

Then you got the bronsox, Lakers Kobe fans who felt threatened and the “Steve” Curry forced brigade. Who know better, but fall prey to the goofy ****. It’s all noise.

Steph Curry is an underdog because the path to him being an all time great nba player was unforeseen. And that’s due to his size, high school, play style and college he went too.

Low key...Eric Maynor paves the way for Major unauthentic PGs to be taken as serious prospects. Steph built on it. Dame, CJ and even Jimmer benefited from it.

Again, we’re talking about basketball. I don’t see why this is considered a stanning or who had it worse conversation. Not being able to acknowledge ****, and always falling into Stan or defend mode is the worst part of this thread.
Nah that's cool.

In high school he was an all-state player that won 3 conference titles in his 3 years playing in NC and then went on to college where he continued to dominate and was an All-American his Soph and Junior years. Then was the #7 pick in the draft where most thought he clearly should've gone higher.

Being skinny is the only "knock" he's ever had. Born with a silver spoon, but worked hard, was incredibly skilled and was ALWAYS a dominant basketball player at every level.

Just doesn't really scream underdog TO ME. I understand if people feel otherwise though.

Arguing with timid Tebow and QU!K QU!K (who thought tmac was still in the league a year ago). It always brings out the lowest of the low in these threads who can’t acknowledge very simple points.

Then you got the bronsox, Lakers Kobe fans who felt threatened and the “Steve” Curry forced brigade. Who know better, but fall prey to the goofy ****. It’s all noise.
I legit joined the discussion late though. Can’t blame me for this.

Nah that's cool.

In high school he was an all-state player that won 3 conference titles in his 3 years playing in NC and then went on to college where he continued to dominate and was an All-American his Soph and Junior years. Then was the #7 pick in the draft where most thought he clearly should've gone higher.

Being skinny is the only "knock" he's ever had. Born with a silver spoon, but worked hard, was incredibly skilled and was ALWAYS a dominant basketball player at every level.

3 stars with nba bloodlines slip through the cracks smack dab in ACC country? :lol:. The mans father is one of VA-Tech’s basketball greatest players ever...and they didn’t even offer him. They gave Steph a walk on spot at best. At the time he was coming up...Guards like him weren’t seen as what they are today.

Steph Curry being one of the best nba players of all time...is wild, even if you said that in 2009 pre draft.

3 stars with nba bloodlines slip through the cracks smack dab in ACC country? :lol:. The mans father is one of VA-Tech’s basketball greatest players ever...and they didn’t even offer him. They gave Steph a walk on spot at best. At the time he was coming up...Guards like him weren’t seen as what they are today.

Steph Curry being one of the best nba players of all time...is wild, even if you said that in 2009 pre draft.
He killed it at Davidson. Not surprised he became a stud.

It’s all relative to how you perceive what an underdog is. Is Steph an underdog just for simply blowing past expectations in the ?

is bron an underdog because he came from nothing despite being physically destined to at minimum get a college scholarship?

I have a hard time calling either serious underdogs tbh but I get it

its not about how GOOD your NBA dad was, its the resources, knowledge and connections the NBA dad has already made makes it EXPONENTIALLY easier to put his child on a path to become a professional athlete.

the child already has resrouces, a mentor and finances available to him so he wish to become an athlete

NOT TO MENTION the exposure from just having the same last name.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY having parents who support your idea to become an PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE because he/they was previously a professional athlete(s).

its not about how GOOD your NBA dad was, its the resources, knowledge and connections the NBA dad has already made makes it EXPONENTIALLY easier to put his child on a path to become a professional athlete.

the child already has resrouces, a mentor and finances available to him so he wish to become an athlete

NOT TO MENTION the exposure from just having the same last name.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY having parents who support your idea to become an PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE because he/they was previously a professional athlete(s).
This. Lebron didn’t have a father and had a young mother that didn’t have the resources to develop his game like Steph’s game was developed as a youth.

It’s all relative to how you perceive what an underdog is. Is Steph an underdog just for simply blowing past expectations in the ?

is bron an underdog because he came from nothing despite being physically destined to at minimum get a college scholarship?

I have a hard time calling either serious underdogs tbh but I get it

There’s no place for this kind of nuanced, logical thinking in here. Take it elsewhere, man. :smh:

:lol:

There’s no place for this kind of nuanced, logical thinking in here. Take it elsewhere, man. :smh:

:lol:

So if you have elite genetics, rich parents, and were all state in HS, could of been a lottery pick in the NBA by The end of your sophomore year of college..that isn’t quite what EYE think about when I hear the word underdog. Blowing past expectations in the NBA isn’t being an underdog and it wasn’t like he was a 2nd rounder he was a top 7 pick

conversely I get it with Bron. He came from nothing. Plenty of 6’8 guys who were superstar athletes don’t make it. Man of the house by 16. Poor. That’s kind of an underdog but even with him he was League by his sophomore Yr of HS and treated as such so that’s kind of not an underdog either to me

So if you have elite genetics, rich parents, and were all state in HS, could of been a lottery pick in the NBA by The end of your sophomore year of college..that isn’t quite what EYE think about when I hear the word underdog. Blowing past expectations in the NBA isn’t being an underdog and it wasn’t like he was a 2nd rounder he was a top 7 pick

Is that NOT part of the underdog process?Going from not being top 100 with no offers from high majors to being a 7th pick?

He blew past expectations to get there didn’t he?

We can go down a rankings list for this senior class now and pick a random kid that’s ranked 145 or something...and headed to Winthrop. If he ends being a lottery pick...there’s no underdog story there?

Is that NOT part of the underdog process?Going from not being top 100 with no offers from high majors to being a 7th pick?

He blew past expectations to get there didn’t he?
Again it’s relative to your definition on what an underdog is

for me, if youre an NBA son who is all state in HS, gets an D1 scholarship, then is league bound by your sophomore year (he could of left after 2) I have a hard time finding the underdog story in that. Then ended up being a high lotto pick. I don’t see it.

For me, not getting looked at by high majors doesn’t mean you’re an underdog.

I'm in the "who the **** cares" camp too. People are arguing completely different things. I said this the last time this topic came up:

Ehh, I think they both can be underdogs, just in completely different ways. Steph grew up in a financially stable household with caring parents, but his height/build/frame/athleticism is nothing special and caused him to be overlooked. Nobody knew he would develop into one of the most skilled players ever.

LeBron won the genetic lottery physically, but he grew up without a father, teenage mother, bounced from apartment to apartment constantly, missed 80+ days of 4th grade. It would've been extremely easy for a kid with his upbringing to fall through the cracks and not make it, despite his physical gifts. It literally happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom