THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Thirst is other worldly :lol: :lol:

"when the Hate don't work they start telling lies" :lol:

studying random IG trainers, dissecting Tweets, Their predictions of the Lakers fighting for the playoffs were wrong so now they've brought their hate to another squad just for having former Laker players

ALA in a nutshell

giphy.gif
I saw a tweet come across my time line and I posted it. You're writing paragraphs about it...

I've said this before, but this is the issue with having Charles and Co being as big as they are. They contribute to the lack of understanding of basketball. They get to use their status of being hall of fame players to say things that are completely untrue and unfounded and its given credence because of who they are.

People who aren't them are "forced" to do the smart thing.. Actually pay attention and make poignant observations of things they see (which is all that these numbers are pointing out). Then it becomes "analytics arent everything or however you want to phrase it.

I've said this before, but this is the issue with having Charles and Co being as big as they are. They contribute to the lack of understanding of basketball. They get to use their status of being hall of fame players to say things that are completely untrue and unfounded and its given credence because of who they are.

People who aren't them are "forced" to do the smart thing.. Actually pay attention and make poignant observations of things they see (which is all that these numbers are pointing out). Then it becomes "analytics arent everything or however you want to phrase it.

they want a 28% three point shooter to stop shooting 3s but 28% shooting in the post should mean more post ups

Kristaps is shooting 28% on post up opportunities. Why keep posting him up? Because he’s tall?

For one

Nowhere did i say anything about Porzingus, secondly nobody is saying that players should be posting up like it's the 90's but completely telling players who are 7ft & up to not post up is making it easier to guard them and taking away Natural advantages, Lastly Every ******* thing on a basketball can't be quantified by stats.

Fatigue, foul situation, how the refs are calling the game, defenses tendencies & weaknesses etc etc.. the game of basketball isn't a simulation, situations vary and different things are needed.

Not to mention Embiid is a career 31% from three and you are constantly in here saying how much it helps his game........

Last edited:
Yes the players who actually played the game at the most elite levels shouldn't be allowed to speak on the sport, instead we should let ******* mathematicians & former lawyers influence and describe the game instead.......

Nobody is basing all their basketball knowledge off of what Charles & shaq say, but they 1000% have a persepctive that is needed & should be shared.

Like what I've seen from Romeo Langford in these last few games now that he's healthy. Good size and athleticism, competes defensively, confident going to the basket. Doesn't really look out of his element at all.

Yes the players who actually played the game at the most elite levels shouldn't be allowed to speak on the sport, instead we should let ****ing mathematicians & former lawyers influence and describe the game instead.......

Nobody is basing all their basketball knowledge off of what Charles & shaq say, but they 1000% have a persepctive that is needed & should be shared.
Who said anything about them not being allowed to speak on the sport? The vast majority of the time they just make of stuff or it's comparisons them and what they did. They're not even trying to make sense up there why should we listen.

It's not the fact that they played, it's the fact that they use the fact that they played as the sole justifier for everything that they say even when they're wrong.

Then again this is exactly what I'm talking about so you got it.

wasnt rick talking about posting up Porzingis in particular?

He said it like posting up KP isn’t efficient but that doesn’t mean it’s inefficient when other players do.

For one

Nowhere did i say anything about Porzingus, secondly nobody is saying that players should be posting up like it's the 90's but completely telling players who are 7ft & up to not post up is making it easier to guard them and taking away Natural advantages, Lastly Every ****ing thing on a basketball can't be quantified by stats.

Fatigue, foul situation, how the refs are calling the game, defenses tendencies & weaknesses etc etc.. the game of basketball isn't a simulation situation vary and different things are needed.

Not to mention Embiid is a career 31% from three and you are constantly in here saying how much it helps his game........

But thing is kristaps can’t post up effectively because he isn’t strong enough and let’s throw out the dirk comparison because he isn’t close to being that level of shooter. Dude doesn’t even generate fouls when he does post up and teams don’t double him, so its pointless

I have no problem with Embiid shooting 30% from 3 if it’s on 3 attempts a game. He’s not hurting the team launching a few trailing 3s especially if he’s pump fake game remains elite.

wasnt rick talking about posting up Porzingis in particular?

He said it like posting up KP isn’t efficient but that doesn’t mean it’s inefficient when other players do.
He did specifically say they're not posting anybody up... Could be because they don't have an Embiid - Could be because putting anybody on the block is just totally suffocating to what they're trying to do offensively.

Even when Dirk was posting up, most of the time it was high post stuff. Dirk on the block was super rare.

Charles and Shaq played a different brand of basketball that's deader than dead.

They're no different in this argument than the dudes that ***** about how soft the league is now and how MJ would average 45 a night in today's league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom