THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph Curry was robbed

Not really. Teams basically had identical records too. Maybe they could've been co-ROYs?

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 11.45.45 AM.png

Mcw was rookie of the year?

Isn't he out of the league?

*edit

Ohh. He's still in the L. How is he worse than he was in his rookie yr though lol

Screenshot_20191231-114231_Chrome.jpg

MCW basically won ROY by default because that rookie class was somewhat weak (although that class has produced some very good players like Giannis, Dipo and Gobert). That’s the draft Anthony Bennett went No. 1.

Said this before the season, but the fit doesn't make any sense offensively with Simmons/Horford/Embiid on the floor at the same time. Al is really skilled but he isn't going to be able to really show it when Ben can't effectively run PnR because he won't shoot and Embiid is also in the way. He basically just gets turned into a spot up 3pt shooter.

While they do have a big issue there, the defense with those 3 on the floor at the same time might just be too suffocating for other teams to succeed against in a 7 game series.

If I were Brown, I'd probably start Thybulle and bring Al off the bench. When Embiid is off the floor, both Al and Ben should be on the floor at all times.

that's what we've been saying the in Sixers forum, a lineup of Embiid, Tobi, Thybulle, J Rich and Ben makes much more sense offensively while still maintaining the elite defence. Al will have a bigger role anchoring the 2nd unite while utilizing his skillset much more.

who ends the game is still a question mark.

This is all on coach right now. But when he says things like this:

“Joel and Tobias [Harris] have kind of been like the guys that have been getting most of the shots,” coach Brett Brown said. “Ben has the ball. So J-Rich is figuring stuff out and Al is figuring stuff out.”

It tells me that he is clueless and is relying on the players to figure it out on their own, he thinks his role is just to make sure they get their time on the court to figure it out. I honestly don't think he has the guts to move Al to the bench.

GOAT rookie season next to magic

Blake Griffin is the only other player I can think of off the top of my head that had a better rookie year in the last couple decades, but he was the #1 pick in the same year as Tyreke and Curry and he took a redshirt year.

Dudes trying to re-write history in order to give Underdog Steve more accolades.

Folks need to leave this ridiculous Bistephtual propaganda in this decade.

Should be a good game. We’ve had their number the past few seasons, but they smacked us last game and looked like the better team. Hopefully rockets respond
Looking forward to all of their games this season, I feel like Houston is the barometer for Denver

blows my mind that the sixers are favorites today in Indiana lol

they 14-3 at home meanwhile we 7-10 on the road
On paper embiid has done very well on turner and horford has done very well on sabonis

Vic will obviously impact a potential series but yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom