THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. Steph, Klay and KD were all elite in the mid range. They don't preach avoiding any particular shot like the Rockets stupidly do.
Being elite in the mid range but preferring 3s can be true at the same time

Steph klay and KD are just great overall shooters

I'm just saying that if dudes aren't trying to run them off the line they will shoot the 3 all day

my favorite player :pimp:

As I’ve said before his shooting hasn’t been and never will be the issue
He's just not a good halfcourt basketball player.

Cannot be your half court ball handler/lead guard. Needs to just shift focus to fully embracing being a big 3-and-D guard that can defend 1-3.

He does enough stuff well enough to find a role. It's just never going to be as a lead guard on a good team.

Playoffs are ugly basketball.

pace is slower, the pressure leads to less defensive lapses, more measured basketball on both ends. Scouting is so much better

it’s why I say contested midrange jumpers and having your wings play through the pinch post, and the post, etc are playoff basketball and why you have to have flat out shotmakers.

Playoffs are ugly basketball.

pace is slower, the pressure leads to less defensive lapses, more measured basketball on both ends. Scouting is so much better

it’s why I say contested midrange jumpers and having your wings play through the pinch post, and the post, etc are playoff basketball and why you have to have flat out shotmakers.
Playoff basketball can get ugly, but I think a big part of that is some role players who were able to shoot in the regular season suddenly can't shoot in the playiffs

This happened to the bucks and the raptors

Not true. Steph, Klay and KD were all elite in the mid range. They don't preach avoiding any particular shot like the Rockets stupidly do.

they didn't have to tell them to avoid shots because they had steph, klay, and KD lol. you just let those guys do whatever.

the rockets don't have that luxury, so their model figures that danuel house is better off shooting 35% from 3 than he is taking midrange jumpers. Even if taking more "inefficient shots" makes a player look more negative, there's something to be said about diversifying your offense so that defenders can't key in. I'm not sure how it ends up being quantified or measured, but I don't like how it plays out.

I'm not understanding your position. A page ago it seemed you were preaching that the playoffs was all about the midrange but this page you're criticizing Ja for not taking enough 3s

ALL about midrange isn’t what I mean. I mean you can’t avoid the midrange and have to embrace it. Dame, steph, Kyrie, CO2 all shoot a lot of 3’s but embrace the middy. Trae has the deep 3 and the floater for middy. Doesn’t avoid the midrange

they didn't have to tell them to avoid shots because they had steph, klay, and KD lol. you just let those guys do whatever.

the rockets don't have that luxury, so their model figures that danuel house is better off shooting 35% from 3 than he is taking midrange jumpers. Even if taking more "inefficient shots" makes a player look more negative, there's something to be said about diversifying your offense so that defenders can't key in. I'm not sure how it ends up being quantified or measured, but I don't like how it plays out.

Chris Paul was one of greatest midrange shooters of all time.

I'm pretty sure Harden CAN hit them and Gordon too.

The thing is we've all seen them (Harden in particular) pass up WIDE OPEN mid range shots to run back out to the 3 point line. That's where the philosophy is ridiculous.

If I needed one of those for the playoffs tomorrow I’d probably go SGA

but to start a franchise? I want the most talented scorer and playmaker out the bunch which to me is clearly Trae

PG’s who can’t generate 3’s Come playoff time are more of a liability than PG’s who can but can’t defend

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom