THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. JJ sound old and grumpy. And part of it is he’s playing for a losing team with young guys. But there is SOME truth to it. It doesn’t apply to all. But those are the faces.

absolutely I’m sure there’s some guys who are in it for the fits and the checks

but like...how would you determine that? Do we think Kuz wouldn’t be mid if he didn’t care about how he dressed? Fits are so harmless to me lol nothing wrong with caring about how you look

Kelly oubre is the face of league fits and I saw first hand how hard he works. Most of the league works hard as hell. Just because they care abt what they wear doesn’t change that lol
he got a jimi hendrixx and misfits tattoo
he cool in my book

Harden just has a cult like following at this point. You can't tell his d riders anything no matter how blatant it is. Never seen such a flawed player escape criticism on the regular. Literally had his worst game of the year last nite. Yall will still find a way to cape for him when the inevitable happens in a few months because you're blinded by PPG. It is what it is

A good amount of NBA players, including all-stars and HOFers have been fashion-conscious going back to the 70s. Clyde Frazier was known for how he dressed. You had Magic and Isaiah wearing big-*** fur coats in the 80s and stuff like that. Just because IG didn’t exist, does change the fact that a lot of pro athletes have been all about looking fly off-field/off-court.

This!!!

A good amount of NBA players, including all-stars and HOFers have been fashion-conscious going back to the 70s. Clyde Frazier was known for how he dressed. You had Magic and Isaiah wearing big-*** fur coats in the 80s and stuff like that. Just because IG didn’t exist, does change the fact that a lot of pro athletes have been all about looking fly off-field/off-court.
This. My cousin was trying to argue that basketball sucks now because the players are too obsessed with their image and I was like man players have had these egos since the 70’s :lol:

Crazy how Kyrie 2017-2018 first season in Boston is forgotten. He was an MVP candidate...shooting near 50/40/90 with a young Celtics squad at the top of the East....then got hurt.

Some of it, his doing. Some of it media. We saw the best version of Kyrie as a buy in, leader, who’s just hooping.....and it worked. He gets in his own way tho.

But you're pointing out winners. So that quotation that started this conversation wouldn't necessarily apply to them.

Seen Russ or some young dude rock a fit similar to this...and players/people from this very era clowning and shaking their heads, talking about “these days” :lol:.

A0545898-546E-470E-BDF9-F31D425670F0.jpeg

Chuck with the Gold Rollie tho. That thing shining ✨✨ 🔥

hmmm a backup so our offense doesn't fall to complete trash when trae not on the court...im not mad it it. what's Jeff contract though?

ATL is historically bad when Trae’s off the floor offensively which is why the Trae Criticism is partly wild

There’s a huge efficiency gap in the playoffs between Harden and Russ. Like, it’s not even close :lol:. Without KD...Russ shoots like 37% in the playoffs...and hasn’t won a damn series yet.

Harden done been to the WCF multiple times. Stop trying to compare the two. Harden got his flaws...but comparing him to Russ hasn’t and will never be it.

Harden - 41/31% and 5.2 turnovers
Russ - 40/32% and 4.3 turnover

Harden - 41/28% and 5.4 turovers
Russ - 39/26% and 6.0 turnovers

Harden - 41/30% and 3.8 turnovers
Russ - 40/32% and 5.2 turnovers

He ain't as bad as Russ but the fact is both of 'em have been terrible in the playoffs. Russ just talks a lot of **** so he more "unlikeable" but they're more alike than ya'll want to admit. :lol:

hmmm a backup so our offense doesn't fall to complete trash when trae not on the court...im not mad it it. what's Jeff contract though?
This is exactly what I wanted to see from Minnesota to let me know the "rebuild" has begun.

RoCo and possibly Wiggins may be next, just in time for KAT to eventually leave for SFW.

Harden just has a cult like following at this point. You can't tell his d riders anything no matter how blatant it is. Never seen such a flawed player escape criticism on the regular. Literally had his worst game of the year last nite. Yall will still find a way to cape for him when the inevitable happens in a few months because you're blinded by PPG. It is what it is

I can’t name any Harden supporters on here that don’t point to his flaws. I get there’s a love/hate relationship but this is disingenuous even for you

He ain't as bad as Russ but the fact is both of 'em have been terrible in the playoffs. Russ just talks a lot of **** so he more "unlikeable" but they're more alike than ya'll want to admit. :lol:

Prepare for TS% to counter your points.

Where you get these numbers from? Some impressive Rounding you’re doing there.

78400042-7893-4A39-B3BA-B6EDF62DD98C.jpeg

And you’re comparing Russ ONE first round and our series....to Harden multiple rounds in the playoffs. Huge difference

But you're pointing out winners. So that quotation that started this conversation wouldn't necessarily apply to them.

I suppose, but my point that what Reddick is complaining about has been going on forever and is not really a generational thing still stands. For as long as I’ve been following the NBA, I can remember stories of certain players complaining that other players on their teams didn‘t care about winning enough.

I can’t name any Harden supporters on here that don’t point to his flaws. I get there’s a love/hate relationship but this is disingenuous even for you
Nah that's complete BS :lol:. Yall will ride for that man regardless of anything. Look at the excuse wavycrocket wavycrocket just made for him :smh:. I've seen you point out his flaws every now and then but it's hella muted compared to the slobbing. Ironically it's the actual rockets fans that have cooled on him more than the rest of yall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom