THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been tryna tell em this for years. Play off ball, be a threat to score from all over the court, diversify your game and play defense. But they say things like.. nobody plays off ball besides Steph (and Kobe) anyway. Two guys who just happen to have 8 rings to Harden's 0. They only listen to blog boys so maybe this will register

It's simple really. Those cats dont know winning basketball. And when I say "winning" I mean championships not first round series.

Every elite championship MVP-type, built-for-the-postseason player is a 2-way player. Facts.

Let's start with MJ, Pip, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Bill Russell, Wilt, Bird, Hakeem, Duncan, Ginobili, Lebron, DWade, KD, Kawhi, Zeke, Moses, The Dr.

Where do Harden and Westbrook fit in that conversation? Nowhere, because they second tier.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE i simply pointed out that James harden is more efficient and leads teams to more winning than Russell Westbrook. Where is the lie?
You said harden is trash in multiple rounds compared to Russ in single rounds. C'mon bruh :lol:. I don't pay attention to hot takes and talking heads but I consume a lot of player/coach interviews and local beat reporters around the league. This dude harden clearly doesn't give AF about anything but his stats. He had his worst playoff series ever against the Jazz last year then when they got eliminated by gsw he says 'I averaged 31 woop woop but they didn't have enough talent around me..but I'm not gonna throw my teammates under the bus'. He had an interview this past summer talking about critics can say whatever but every year my PPG goes up. Equivalent to wearing a 'check my $tats' tee. Another interview where he talked about how he loves food and desserts and doesn't even really watch his diet during the season. People will blame everything but him. He's not a championship caliber player at all. He's just not that guy

Been tryna tell em this for years. Play off ball, be a threat to score from all over the court, diversify your game and play defense. But they say things like.. nobody plays off ball besides Steph (and Kobe) anyway. Two guys who just happen to have 8 rings to Harden's 0. They only listen to blog boys so maybe this will register

You know what's funny, even when Kobe lost those 2 years in the 1st rd he shot 48/38/83% combined. That's a 57 TS% for ya'll out there.

It's simple really. Those cats dont know winning basketball. And when I say "winning" I mean championships not first round series.

Every elite championship MVP-type, built-for-the-postseason player is a 2-way player. Facts.

Let's start with MJ, Pip, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Bill Russell, Wilt, Bird, Hakeem, Duncan, Ginobili, Lebron, DWade, KD, Kawhi, Zeke, Moses, The Dr.

Where do Harden and Westbrook fit in that conversation? Nowhere, because they second tier.
Lol, where does Curry fit into this?

Lol, where does Curry fit into this?
Nowhere because he ain't 2-way. That's why KD won the 2 Finals MVPs.

Not saying Curry aint great. He's the greatest outside shooter of all time. But that's it. He was fortunate to win chips with a Big 4 that helped him tremendously on the defensive end while he put up ridiculous shooting percentages. But ain't no way prime Curry a 2-way threat in the Finals like Kawhi, MJ, and Kobe are.

i Just don’t think taking step backs all season is good for habit building come playoff time

when you have to face KD Iggy Kawhi etc and good defensive teams that’s both tiring and improbable

for his size he could really benefit operating out of the post, pinch post, using his gravity off the ball but the rockets have enabled this lazy play style that he’s mastered

You said harden is trash in multiple rounds compared to Russ in single rounds. C'mon bruh :lol:. I don't pay attention to hot takes and talking heads but I consume a lot of player/coach interviews and local beat reporters around the league. This dude harden clearly doesn't give AF about anything but his stats. He had his worst playoff series ever against the Jazz last year then when they got eliminated by gsw he says 'I averaged 31 woop woop but they didn't have enough talent around me..but I'm not gonna throw my teammates under the bus'. He had an interview this past summer talking about critics can say whatever but every year my PPG goes up. Equivalent to wearing a 'check my $tats' tee. Another interview where he talked about how he loves food and desserts and doesn't even really watch his diet during the season. People will blame everything but him. He's not a championship caliber player at all. He's just not that guy
Harden got the Cerritos-Artesia complex bro, from his days at Artesia High. In that area you got 800K- 1 million dollar homes in a city surrounded by cities with 300K homes. Some people from these type of towns think they **** dont stink no matter what they do (or don't do).

And as a guy who supports analytics this is where it gets wacky for me

you use ppp to tell you long contested 3’s are great against the field but you’re not playing the field in the offs you’re playing the damn warriors or Utah or some other really good defensive team

There was a game last year that Harden couldn't buy a 3 in the 4th.
It was a close game in the final minutes and he refused to shoot anything other than stepbacks 3s.
That's when it started to become clear to me he doesn't play winning basketball.
It was mad frustrating to watch.

for his size he could really benefit operating out of the post, pinch post, using his gravity off the ball but the rockets have enabled this lazy play style that he’s mastered
Agree wit this. Harden need to speak to Paul Pierce for some tips. But you know why he won't? Ego. Dude probably thinks he already the greatest offensive shotmaker of all time lol

i Just don’t think taking step backs all season is good for habit building come playoff time

when you have to face KD Iggy Kawhi etc and good defensive teams that’s both tiring and improbable

Man just take the middy when the defense is in deep ice.

A post a game would be ok, but he’s going to shoot a step back out of it. I don’t think he has the release point to shoot turnarounds jumpers like people want him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom