THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Facts or naa? :nerd:

I mean this season they have both been pretty bad at times and great at times. Westbrook has been playing great since December 9th.
Before this 7 games of horrible play from harden, he was at 39/8/6 on 48/41/85 shooting splits over 31 games. Harden is the rockets best player and the rockets will only go as far as he takes them. I have nothing negative to say about Russ now, he cut out the bad 3s and middies and has been attacking the basket relentlessly.

Don’t think it matters whether Russ or Harden is the Rockets best player when the rest of the team is made up of mostly undersized guys who are streaky shooters.

bingo. the window began closing when tilman decided to pinch his pennies. in the course of 3 years, the 65 win team replaced CP3, Ariza, and LMAM with Russ, Danuel House, and Ben McLemore, and somehow the fanbase is confused as to why the defense stinks now.

Between that and Morey's hyper analytical focus which dictates to continue shooting 3s because "they'll fall eventually", we continue to shoot ourselves out of games. Valuing quantity of possessions over quality of possessions is a crux for this organization. Often taking the first marginally open 3 instead of working to create a "better 3".

I mean this season they have both been pretty bad at times and great at times. Westbrook has been playing great since December 9th.
Before this 7 games of horrible play from harden, he was at 39/8/6 on 48/41/85 shooting splits over 31 games. Harden is the rockets best player and the rockets will only go as far as he takes them. I have nothing negative to say about Russ now, he cut out the bad 3s and middies and has been attacking the basket relentlessly.

QFE. when james and russ find their groove together and harden starts getting held accountable to play off ball, this team can still make a serious run. we've got limited assets, but enough to poach markieff morris and ideally another 3/4 hybrid to spell PJ Tucker. Won't really be able to tell this team's ceiling until after the buyout deadline.

They all make too much money. Contenders would have to make a significant change to their team in order to trade for them. Bad teams have no reason to trade for them.

Raptors are better off keeping them and seeing what they can do in the playoffs for the next year or two then go after Giannis and/or whoever else next summer.
Agreed, dont think those guys are going anywhere this year.

Don’t think it matters whether Russ or Harden is the Rockets best player when the rest of the team is made up of mostly undersized guys who are streaky shooters.
I bet with a coaching or philosophy change would be enough to make the Rockets a way better team.

A coach that would make Harden change it up instead of doing the same thing every game could add to more wins.

Sure he can miss a dozen threes and still drop 40. But those are twelve possessions that could've ended in a midrange shot for him or a shot for another player.

Furthermore, a coach who would hold Russ accountable for bone headed plays can go a long way.

You don’t think he’ll get a max offer sheet from someone? Most likely the Knicks?

Masai just gonna let dude walk for nothing?

At best, I see him getting around 80 mil for 4 years. He can be a piece for the future but not THE piece.

He might be fishing for value rather then let their contracts run out

I think this group has a decent playoff run in them though. Another report I heard is that Raptors will be buyers rather than sellers

Masai is really good with keeping things hush. I wouldn't be surprised if he went either way.

Harden for Beal

If we're trading Harden, it's gonna be for bad contracts and a whole lotta picks. Miami and Phoenix come to mind in that regard.

I bet with a coaching or philosophy change would be enough to make the Rockets a way better team.

A coach that would make Harden change it up instead of doing the same thing every game could add to more wins.

Sure he can miss a dozen threes and still drop 40. But those are twelve possessions that could've ended in a midrange shot for him or a shot for another player.

Furthermore, a coach who would hold Russ accountable for bone headed plays can go a long way.

This isn't just a coaching deal. it's an organization philosophy that starts with Morey. Dallas has the 2nd highest oRTG in the league, averaging 1.117 points per possession. Luka as the pick and roll ball handler generates 1.12 points per possession. Giannis in transition generates 1.14 points per possession. James Harden isolations generate 1.13 points per possession. When the shots aren't falling, i'd love to see them diversify and incorporate more ball movement and look for easier shots, but the raw numbers suggest James Harden isolating yields more points per possession than almost anything else.

edit: the defense is just gonna be bad until they upgrade the minutes they get at backup 3/4/5. House/McLemore/Thabo/Chandler isn't gonna cut it in the long run, but that's on Tilman being cheap.

Imagine LeBron playing in a league where the best perimeter players were Clyde Drexler, Gary Payton and... Reggie Miller?, instead of Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard and Steph Curry. Well, there was also Scottie Pippen, but he was on Mike's team.

Imagine the Cavs drafting a player of Pippen's caliber 3 years after LeBron entered the league.

Imagine LeBron playing on a team that could win 55 games if he left like the 1993-94 Bulls, instead of 19 games like the 2010-11 Cavs, 37 games like the 2014-15 Heat and 19 games like the 2018-19 Cavs.

Imagine LeBron requiring only winning 30 games to make the playoffs. He would already have 8.000 playoff points!

Are you seriously not mentioning Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway and other All NBA first team players on offense or defense at times during Jordan's two three peats?

The Orlando Magic of the 94-95 or 95-96 season would legitimately be a threat to the 2019-2020 Lakers.

The Cavs could have drafter better in the 4-5 years after they picked Lebron, but Jerry Krause was a way better general manager than Dan "I have my hand in every decision and the general manager is just a fassede" Gilbert.

The Bulls just had a way better coach than the Cavs at any point in time during Lebron's tenure there and that makes a major difference. Phil Jackson did not get 11 titles as a coach by luck.

Lebron will have a great career when he retires, but it just don't mean as much as 6-0 in the finals with 6 MVP and all the perfection of MJ

"It wasnt a hate crime..."

"cause I'm not a Boston Celtics fan"

QbadP.png
dead.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom