THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Team USA thought that they could send 3rd/4th tier players and still moon walk through the tournament shows the arrogance y’all have.

NBA is becoming more international, it’s only gonna get worse in the future.

Who said they'd moonwalk through the tournament?

The fact that Team USA thought that they could send 3rd/4th tier players and still moon walk through the tournament shows the arrogance y’all have.

NBA is becoming more international, it’s only gonna get worse in the future.

Not the first time

I am curious about which players will sign up for next summer's Olympics. If they don't get pledges from at least a handful of All NBA guys it'll probably be a similar result

Personally could give af about the World Cup or Olympics. Some fans take some sort of weird personal stake in this like the NBA is not enough as it is

Did anyone really think this US team was going to "walk" through this tournament? (I ask because I have not been playing close attention)
Most everything I saw said this is about as bad of a team as we could have sent, and people still thought we had somewhat of a shot but we were kinda laughing about how bad we were represented.

Now this morning, just on Yahoo, their three headlines stories are:

Team USA Upset by France
Team USA Won't Medal after Shocking Loss
Team USA, Stunned by France, Fails to Medal

Hmmmm. This was a bad representation of USA's best, and in no way does this tournament mean really anything - the sky isn't falling either. I dunno how good or bad France was, but in regards to US I'm not seeing why anyone should be shocked. We didn't take this tournament seriously, and it was obvious.

USA really lost in the quarterfinals with a coaching staff consisting of Pop, Kerr, Nate McMillan, Lloyd Pierce and Jay Wright.

Stop acting like the other national teams were able to send all their best players

Did anyone really think this US team was going to "walk" through this tournament? (I ask because I have not been playing close attention)
Most everything I saw said this is about as bad of a team as we could have sent, and people still thought we had somewhat of a shot but we were kinda laughing about how bad we were represented.

Team USA Upset by France

Hmmmm. This was a bad representation of USA's best, and in no way does this tournament mean really anything - the sky isn't falling either. I dunno how good or bad France was, but in regards to US I'm not seeing why anyone should be shocked. We didn't take this tournament seriously, and it was obvious.

100!!!!!!!!!!!

Big issue was that the US couldn't separate themselves from France shooting from deep. Can't break even there and then get killed in the paint and on the glass.

USA having 3 Centers that could only combine to play 15 mins is pathetic.

Whats up fellas.

In the market for a new tv with the season starting soon.

Any recommendations between LG and Samsung? Im hearing about this TCL company also...

Thanks in advance guys.

Team USA Upset by France

http://www.nba.com/article/2019/09/07/team-usa-knocks-giannis-greece
The U.S. now has a 57-game winning streak in (non-exhibition) games with a roster made up entirely of NBA players, going back to the bronze-medal game of the 2006 World Championship.

Never forget y’all let Carlos Arroyo eliminate y’all in 2004

embarrassing. take away their passports and citizenship and leave them
i hope this is a wake up call to the coaches and players on the roster to get better

USA takes these tournaments seriously, some players dont. The players who play, THEY ARE TAKING IT SERIOUSLY. No excuses should be made, that team is still representing the US, and anything but a gold is disappointing.

Could they have had a better team? Yes, but they didnt choose to play. Doesnt mean that the team playing doesnt want to win. Quit the “not taking it seriously” route.

USA takes these tournaments seriously, some players dont. The players who play, THEY ARE TAKING IT SERIOUSLY. No excuses should be made, that team is still representing the US, and anything but a gold is disappointing.

Could they have had a better team? Yes, but they didnt choose to play. Doesnt mean that the team playing doesnt want to win. Quit the “not taking it seriously” route.

way too talented and had a good amount of time together to practice. they flat out laid an egg on the big stage
guys couldn't man up and stop frank nikitinlanahi

Stop acting like the other national teams were able to send all their best players
I ask this honestly, but do other top countries throw their team together for the first time a couple months before a tournament begins? (not their fault if they don't, I admit that)

Just in case some of you don't remember, in 2016 this France team without Fournier only lost by 3 to a much better USA team

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 9.21.26 AM.png

Kemba definitely couldn't afford to have a bad game, and unfortunately he did today.

I thought Myles Turner could at least hold his own against the likes of Gobert and Jokic in this tourney, and as of now he's 0-1. If I were Pop though, I still would've given him some more minutes.

Thought Middleton would be a much bigger factor to this team, given he's 28 years old, in his prime, and just signed a 5 year max deal, but he's basically been awful all tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom