THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that 4th quarter was so much fun.
great job by the nba.

Was happy that Kawhi won the MVP but the more I think about it the more I think CP should’ve won it. He made the most impactful plays in the 4th quarter.

I have no problem with Nurse having Lowry play the 4th. He was making winning plays on both ends. I do think he lost the game by not replacing Kemba with a bigger offensive wing that could’ve created a shot (Jimmy should’ve been in there). Giannis was struggling to create a shot. Pascal on Harden is a good matchup in theory but the best aspect of Harden’s defense is his post defense. He did a great job on Pascal on that end. Embiid in the post was damn near their best option. He hit Bron with a clean shake on one possession but we know how inefficient the post up is in general. Trae would’ve been fun because he couldn’t created the offense but team Lebron would’ve attacked him on defense every time.

overall that was fun as ****. A lot of hot takes can be formed about the playoffs from the all-star game and I’m ready for all of em :lol:

The fact that Giannis was struggling to create a shot when he was surrounded by 4 all stars concerns me.

He had Lebron on a post up and Lebby bodied him.

It’s fine for Giannis to keep working on his 3 ball, but IMO the shot he really needs in his arsenal is the mid-range pull up.

told my boy yesterday, no reason he doesnt have a consistent go-to midrange fadeaway in his bag yet. The apex would be goat, and unstoppable like dirk. 1 dribble pull up, side step pullup, backdown, dream shake, spinout pull up, all can be made from the post to mid post, all easy for him, his height and hand size. He has to be able to still be effective when they shut down the paint. He should actually be happy his weaknesses were exposed. He knows what to give attention to, and no team has the ability to throw 3 prolific guys like bron AD andklaw at him, so he wont see it again. But still, knowing your weaknesses is one of the best things you can discover, because then you have direction. If you think your game is flawless, you'll get complacent and ignore the red flags of fallacy.

Not too mention, his team never kept the defense honest for clogging the paint and leaving the perimeter wide open. Bucks have a bunch of shooters to punish that, which frees up the floor for giannis to move around. Bro averaging 30 for a reason. He'll be aight.

I love how basketball usually always reverts to finding the best possible matchup in clutch situations. Get your best player the ball and have the teammate with the worst defender set a screen.

the chain is only as strong as the weakest link for real.

at the end of the day Team Giannis was up 133 to 124 1st team to 157 won

Team Giannis blew it lol

so its dumb to say who had the better team

nah. bad teams go up on good teams all the time, and usually lose in the end. Talent typically wins in basketball. Cream rises.

giannis team was poorly built. They played well, but it doesnt change a CLEAR talent level difference in TG to TL. CLEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR af. And it showed down the stretch. Giannis had 1 top 5 player on his team...himself. Bron had like 4, 3 of them were in his lineup to close the game lol.

84655072_2287304804903712_158738216483365192_n.jpg

Your right I misunderstood that part but that still seems silly to me. Amazing comebacks will be cut short cause the other team scored a certain amount despite being outplayed. The problem has always been lack of effort and certain teams just being that much better not the format itself imo. They need to bring back east vs west as well enough with the cute gimmicks.

idk if you paid attention, but this was basically east vs west. everybody on the court to close the game on TL was a west player, everybody to close the game on TG was an east player.

NBA knew what they were doing.

dawg...we were this close to get CP3. I'm sick man. still hurts. Imagine kobe and cp3 approaching a full season together with that mindstate. Neither took games off.

Dawg I still cant believe kobe is gone. Still doesnt feel real. Like..how? So much knowledge of the game, so many stories lost, never to be heard. Love when he went to this podcasts and shows like all the smoke. Dude was great in interviews. Very enjoyable listen.

Miss you Kob.

I'm still iffy on the Kobe-CP3 pairing had it gone through.

BUT CP3 did have the mentality to go with the skill that Kobe loved, so maybe it would've worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom