THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This KG all the smoke is great.

All the smoke is a great podcast. StakJack & Barnes got something major on their hands
Yeah man I’ve never seen this obscure Laker team who is never on national television for any of us to watch their games.

just cause you watching doesn’t mean you’re paying attention.

also Laker games start at 1040 on the east coast. #yall not really watching like that.

Bro - this is a terrible take. He only played four games and got injured. You can debate whether he’s milking it or not but to act like that was a hot take based on how things played out is disingenuous.

GSW looked like absolute dog **** in 3 of those 4 games though. Were down 30+ to the PG-less Clippers before garbage time (still a good team without PG though), 40+ by the Thunder before garbage time, and were getting 30-pieced again by the Suns when Steph left with the injury. Of course they wouldn't be at the very bottom of the league with him but I still think a lot of those takes were way too optimistic. After Steph, Draymond, and D'Lo, that roster was a total disaster. They had G League caliber guys like Jordan Poole playing 20+ minutes. Even with Steph that team wasn't sniffing top 4 in the West like a lot of people thought.

GSW looked like absolute dog **** in 3 of those 4 games though. Were down 30+ to the PG-less Clippers before garbage time (still a good team without PG though), 40+ by the Thunder before garbage time, and were getting 30-pieced again by the Suns when Steph left with the injury. Of course they wouldn't be at the very bottom of the league with him but I still think a lot of those takes were way too optimistic. After Steph, Draymond, and D'Lo, that roster was a total disaster. They had G League caliber guys like Jordan Poole playing 20+ minutes. Even with Steph that team wasn't sniffing top 4 in the West like a lot of people thought.

I didn’t know people were predicting Top 4 in the West. I can’t co-sign that. At all. I thought we were talking about Steph’s individual play, which I know wasn’t stellar, but I can’t come to any conclusions after 3-4 blowout games how he would have looked in a full 65-82. I will admit, however, that they would still be trash.

this all started because it was insinuated that Reggie Jackson would be the 3rd best player on the Lakers.

Laker fans not allowed to respond to bull****?
Is it completely farfetched to think he might be able to be in the running for that though? I don't like particularly like him much, but if Dwight can be thought of as the team's 3rd best player after the last few years he's had, could Reggie perhaps be better if he got to play with LeBron and AD instead of Drummond and Tony Snell?

Oh so we using the Sohi sample size to determine that Steph is having/had a terrible season? I think we’re done here. Enjoy the games tonight, man.

still got that #influence

speaking of which, Zo’s last 23 games:
14/8/7 on 42/39/64 splits on seven 3pas per game :pimp:

free throw attempts/percentage and 2 point% is still super ugly but he’s getting there.

this all started because it was insinuated that Reggie Jackson would be the 3rd best player on the Lakers.

Laker fans not allowed to respond to bull****?

keep it a buck. this started because lakers fans dismissed the additions of morris and jackson entirely. clippers fans (namely HIM HIM and lawdog1 lawdog1 ) both said the moves were good additions not worthy of outright dismissal, but didn't go over the top and start claiming those additions were the missing pieces to the championship formula.

then lakers fans (namely trynafeelmink trynafeelmink BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE and Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 ) began trashing the additions entirely saying they weren't even good moves, overstated the clippers reliance on morris and jackson.

then buc em buc em said morris and jackson were better than kyle kuzma, the lakers 3rd best option.

it's not about responding to ********, it's the fact that y'all consistently **** on every other team in here, then play victim when it comes back around. "always talking about us, who hurt yall" "we wasn't supposed to be here" "most experts picked the clippers".

stop it.

Is it completely farfetched to think he might be able to be in the running for that though? I don't like particularly like him much, but if Dwight can be thought of as the team's 3rd best player after the last few years he's had, could Reggie perhaps be better if he got to play with LeBron and AD instead of Drummond and Tony Snell?
Yeah, you for sure do not pay attention to the Lakers and their needs as it pertains to how they plan to win in the playoffs.

Stick to analyzing your Celtics.

But I get your admiration for teams that know how to build real dynasties.

Lol ..ya you already know.

#onechipsinceGregKite

I was genuinely asking. :lol:

If you meant Caruso and Kuzma... Caruso is turning 26 in a week. Nice story but he pretty much is who he is at this point. Kuzma... Idk about skyrocketing potential, usually guys who have skyrocketing potential have shown more flashes by age 24, but we'll see I guess.

I think it is, yes.

Just because a player would get open shots/space playing with Unibrow and Bron doesn’t make said player the 3rd best player on the squad.

Especially if you’re a negative defensive player. Especially if you’re a ball hog who wouldn’t spread the ball around to the Lakers weapons.

you’re pretty much saying that any point guard with a pulse (not named Rondo) would be the 3rd best player on the Lakers because of the opportunities Bron/Ad create. I gotta disagree. Green as a floor spacer and wing defender is more valuable that any skill Reggie can provide. Dwight as a defensive big off the bench that provides physicality, rebounding and putbacks is more valuable than any skill Reggie has.

basically I think you could insert any decent point into the Lakers and he would perform well. I don’t think you can find players that provide the skills that Green and Dwight bring as easily.

This thread feel like Undisputed when football season is over so all Skip & Shannon have to argue about is the Lakers & Cowboys.

I remember when people thought Reggie was gonna light it up in Detroit. Now we're saying he just needs a better environment :lol:. I've probably watched Reggie play more than any non Pistons fan and definitely more than any man deserves to suffer through. He's garbage
Dude hasn't been "good" since OKC. And even then, there was a reason Thunder got rid of him.

Jackson ain't championship material. Is he proven in the playoffs like DGreen or Dwight? I think not.

He not the type of player who will give you THE INTANGIBLES either. Which means, good luck seeing minutes behind playoff tested Pat Bev.

Clippers fans and casual fans alike should know better.

Jackson ain't nothing but insurance should Beverley body continue to break down

I think it is, yes.

Just because a player would get open shots/space playing with Unibrow and Bron doesn’t make said player the 3rd best player on the squad.

Especially if you’re a negative defensive player. Especially if you’re a ball hog who wouldn’t spread the ball around to the Lakers weapons.

you’re pretty much saying that any point guard with a pulse (not named Rondo) would be the 3rd best player on the Lakers because of the opportunities Bron/Ad create. I gotta disagree. Green as a floor spacer and wing defender is more valuable that any skill Reggie can provide. Dwight as a defensive big off the bench that provides physicality, rebounding and putbacks is more valuable than any skill Reggie has.

basically I think you could insert any decent point into the Lakers and he would perform well. I don’t think you can find players that provide the skills that Green and Dwight bring as easily.
In no way did I say Reggie, or any point guard with a pulse WOULD BE the 3rd best player.

Again, I don't even mess with Reggie. Not about to cape for the dude. I do think he's certainly better than someone like Caruso though who you said is in the Lakers 2nd tier of players.

I was genuinely asking. :lol:

If you meant Caruso and Kuzma... Caruso is turning 26 in a week. Nice story but he pretty much is who he is at this point. Kuzma... Idk about skyrocketing potential, usually guys who have skyrocketing potential have shown more flashes by age 24, but we'll see I guess.
No point in debating Caruso and Kuz now...cause like you said we'll see.

But about AC already "being who he is." You are inaccurate there. You still ain't seen the best of Caruso. That's why I said he "coming in 2021" once Rondo no longer on the roster.

Marcus Morris is averaging 11 points on 28/31/0 splits in 3 games with LAC. I'm just senselessly hating tho. Carry on

Disagree do work son do work son

Everyone knows Morris is a good pickup. BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE was just saying he doesn’t think Morris will fit well and that he’s a ball stopper (something Bill Simmons, a Celtics fans who watched a ton of Morris, mentioned as well). Every Laker fan would love Morris on our squad and anyone who prefers Kuz to Morris doesn’t deserve a response. He also mentioned that Morris is a player who will want a long term contract this offseason so he may play a little more selfishly than the Clippers would like. Nothing wrong with that opinion.

I think we’re all in agreement that if Reggie Jackson is seeing significant time in the WCF then something has gone horribly wrong for the clippers. He’s not changing the projection of the team in the playoffs but he’s a nice depth piece for the regular season. I just don’t think he moves the needle that much and I think everyone carries the same opinion.

As for your last point, it’s the chicken or the egg argument. You don’t see it because you’re not a Lakers fan. We get **** on by everybody and #yall laugh but when we do it back suddenly we’re the ones playing victims. Not really man we just responding to the ******** we read about the Lakers on here daily.

Last edited:
Marcus Morris is averaging 11 points on 28/31/0 splits in 3 games with LAC. I'm just senselessly hating tho. Carry on
tbh, if i was a clipper fan i wouldnt eem care about that.
what matters is him being put on lbj and AD in the playoffs.
you already know hes gonna mook it up

In no way did I say Reggie, or any point guard with a pulse WOULD BE the 3rd best player.

Again, I don't even mess with Reggie. Not about to cape for the dude. I do think he's certainly better than someone like Caruso though who you said is in the Lakers 2nd tier of players.
Jackson > Caruso??

Did you just say Reggie mf'n Jackson is A BETTER BASKETBALL, lemme stress... BASKETBALL player, than Alex Caruso??

Lmaoooo. I'm done bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom