THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In no way did I say Reggie, or any point guard with a pulse WOULD BE the 3rd best player.

Again, I don't even mess with Reggie. Not about to cape for the dude. I do think he's certainly better than someone like Caruso though who you said is in the Lakers 2nd tier of players.

nah I wouldn’t trade Caruso for Reggie straight up. Don’t think it’s close either

Jackson > Caruso??

Did you just say Reggie mf'n Jackson is A BETTER BASKETBALL, lemme stress... BASKETBALL player, than Alex Caruso??

Lmaoooo. I'm done bro.
The bias is strong here lol Caruso “might” be a better player but it doesnt dismiss the fact that Bobby Shmurda plays a position #YALL need a legit upgrade in

Marcus Morris is averaging 11 points on 28/31/0 splits in 3 games with LAC. I'm just senselessly hating tho. Carry on

Kyle Kuzma is averaging 7 PPG on 22% from three and 66% from the foul line over his last four games. And this is with a team he’s been with all year, not one he was just thrown onto midseason. Two of those games were against the Warriors and Suns too.

keep it a buck. this started because lakers fans dismissed the additions of morris and jackson entirely. clippers fans (namely HIM HIM and @lawdog1) both said the moves were good additions not worthy of outright dismissal, but didn't go over the top and start claiming those additions were the missing pieces to the championship formula.

then lakers fans (namely trynafeelmink trynafeelmink BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE and Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 ) began trashing the additions entirely saying they weren't even good moves, overstated the clippers reliance on morris and jackson.

then buc em buc em said morris and jackson were better than kyle kuzma, the lakers 3rd best option.

it's not about responding to bull****, it's the fact that y'all consistently **** on every other team in here, then play victim when it comes back around. "always talking about us, who hurt yall" "we wasn't supposed to be here" "most experts picked the clippers".

stop it.

Fam don't tag me in this ********

There's an entire thread & group dedicated to the Lakers... Lmaoo at playing victim as if we don't expect these losers hatred consistently.

However these different fanbases who aren't use to that attention get up in arms when Laker fans point out the flaws in their team. Ya'll dudes swear that anything that isn't praise or on par with your thought process is hating.

Nobody said Morris was a bad signing, we said his skillset wasn't really needed & his importance is minimized on this team, We said Reggie Jackson is a bad move, because it's a bad move.

Somehow this is viewed as attacking the Clippers :lol: , ya'll mfers wanna be able to speak whatever ******** ya'll want about the Lakers and whine all ******* day about Laker fans... We talk **** in here, pull your skirt up.

kobe-bryant-shoe-timeline.jpg

kobe-all-star-summary.jpg

Disagree do work son do work son

Everyone knows Morris is a good pickup. BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE was just saying he doesn’t think Morris will fit well and that he’s a ball stopper (something Bill Simmons, a Celtics fans who watched a ton of Morris, mentioned as well. Every Laker fan would love Morris on our squad and anyone who prefers Kuz to Morris doesn’t deserve a response). He also mentioned that Morris is a player who will want a long term contract this offseason so he may play a little more selfishly than the Clippers would like. Nothing wrong with that opinion.

I think we’re all in agreement that if Reggie Jackson is seeing significant time in the WCF then something has gone horribly wrong for the clippers. He’s not changing the projection of the team in the playoffs but he’s a nice depth piece for the regular season. I just don’t think he moves the needle that much and I think everyone carries the same opinion.

As for your last point, it’s the chicken or the egg argument. You don’t see it because you’re not a Lakers fan. We get **** on by everybody and #yall laugh but when we do it back suddenly we’re the ones playing victims. Not really man we just responding to the bull**** we read about the Lakers on here daily.

1. morris may be a ball stopper, but no one is asking him to be a creator. when he gets the ball, he'll be camped at the 3 point line and expected to shoot. he was a viable role player on the celtics, he can be a viable role player on the clippers. he can also be another wing body to throw at lebron if it comes to that. no one is expecting him to be an all world player.

2. no one is advocating for reggie jackson to see significant time in the WCF. He's behind pat, pg, lou, shamet in the guard rotation. he's just a live body to finish the season. if he plays well in spot minutes, he can earn more. if he doesn't, he's a better 4th 5th string guard than they would otherwise have. no one is expecting reggie jackson to play any significant or meaningful minutes, but that doesn't mean we can't praise the move as a "solid addition". it's just that. nothing more, nothing less.

3. it's a message board. everyone is gonna get it.

Dudes wanted Morris at the deadline. Dudes wanted DC last week. Didn’t get either and now are all abouy chemistry. “Why are the clippers adding more ingredients to the soup instead of letting it cook?” :lol:

Everyone turned into Heisenberg with all this chemistry talk.

The bias is strong here lol Caruso “might” be a better player but it doesnt dismiss the fact that Bobby Shmurda plays a position #YALL need a legit upgrade in

I would rather have Rondo play minutes at point in the playoffs over trading Caruso for Jackson.

yeah we need an upgrade at point but I wouldn’t give up Caruso to plug that hole with Reggie ******* Jackson.

if the deal was Caruso for Rose I probably would’ve done it.

If at any point during the past 3-4 years someone told me that post-ASB 2020 there would be folks caping for Reggie Jackson, I would have personally sought out professional help for them. Some of y’all will go to any lengths to defend your own squad or slander other fanbases. Wild.

Edit: It’s 2020 and folks have been talking about REGGIE JACKSON for pages :lol:

Who says we need an upgrade when we already got Caruso?

That's what y'all continue to not see. There's a reason Pelinka declined to trade Caruso for DRose and instead was shopping Kuzma.

Folks dont see it yet because AC ain't a household name to people. Yet.

Lakers fan back AC to the fullest because we know what he can do to fill the roles needed for title success.

Dude got the Goods to deliver playing in this system. With Bron. With AD. And later on, with Boogie.

I said it months ago and ima say it again, Caruso is inexpendable and people gonna see why Rob not once ever put him on the trade block.

Ntm, Lakers still need to find out if we gonna get Playoff Rondo or No-go Rondo. So either way, Caruso got time to learn and get better. By the time he get a starting spot, all y'all gonna say Lakers fans knew what they had the whole time lol

Kyle Kuzma is averaging 7 PPG on 22% from three and 66% from the foul line over his last four games. And this is with a team he’s been with all year, not one he was just thrown onto midseason. Two of those games were against the Warriors and Suns too.
Where did I mention Kuzma?

1. morris may be a ball stopper, but no one is asking him to be a creator. when he gets the ball, he'll be camped at the 3 point line and expected to shoot. he was a viable role player on the celtics, he can be a viable role player on the clippers. he can also be another wing body to throw at lebron if it comes to that. no one is expecting him to be an all world player.

2. no one is advocating for reggie jackson to see significant time in the WCF. He's behind pat, pg, lou, shamet in the guard rotation. he's just a live body to finish the season. if he plays well in spot minutes, he can earn more. if he doesn't, he's a better 4th 5th string guard than they would otherwise have. no one is expecting reggie jackson to play any significant or meaningful minutes, but that doesn't mean we can't praise the move as a "solid addition". it's just that. nothing more, nothing less.

3. it's a message board. everyone is gonna get it.

1. Agreed. It was a great pick up.
2. Agreed and literally everyone feels the same way. If he’s getting significant minutes in the playoffs then something went wrong in regards to injuries. Same thing I’ve been saying.
3. Agreed. So idk why #yall get up in arms when Laker fans respond to ********

Since the warriors are dead for the season it's been fun keeping up with other teams.

I'd love to see a NOP vs LAL 1st round. Even if it'll be 4-1 at best the Zion hype would be such a fun first round. I'd loathe to see the Spurs or MEM take 8 seed.
LAL or LAC make it out the west, with Steph and Klay injured i've toned down on my ire for Harden and wouldn't mind seeing him and Brodie go off (at the same time) to make a run to the finals

East is kind of a given? The logical person in me thinks the Bucks make it all the way with maybe resistance from TOR or BOS....curious to see how Horfords (reduced?) playing time and sitting on the bench will play out.

Out of all the teams i think i've been enjoying OKC the most

:lol: :lol:

at the goal post movements and straight up ignoring how a player could be a good fit in one situation, and bad in another.

On another note i already see the media is ramping it's engine to do with zion what they did with Luka early in the season

I had no clue dudes actually thought of Alex Caruso this highly :lol:

I don't think any opposing fan/team really gives a damn whether he's on the court or not.

the meme status works against him here because other teams who don’t watch the Lakers like Laker fans do just think he’s a joke.

im not saying son is a starter in the league but he’s a very good role player.

Here’s a small example:

this particular play isn’t that big of a deal but Caruso does so many small things over a game that are crucial for winning. All those small things add up over time and make a huge impact. He really plays winning basketball and that’s a skill that people should prioritize more even if it’s not flashy and in your face.

I would rather have Rondo play minutes at point in the playoffs over trading Caruso for Jackson.

yeah we need an upgrade at point but I wouldn’t give up Caruso to plug that hole with Reggie ****ing Jackson.

if the deal was Caruso for Rose I probably would’ve done it.
Yea I’m not giving up Caruso for Jackson either. I wouldn’t mind him over Rondo sure. But even if Jackson signed there, we know #YALL (not you) would be banging the table for it lol
Who says we need an upgrade when we already got Caruso?

That's what y'all continue to not see. There's a reason Pelinka declined to trade Caruso for DRose and instead was shopping Kuzma.

Folks dont see it yet because AC ain't a household name to people. Yet.

Lakers fan back AC to the fullest because we know what he can do to fill the roles needed for title success.

Dude got the Goods to deliver playing in this system. With Bron. With AD. And later on, with Boogie.

I said it months ago and ima say it again, Caruso is inexpendable and people gonna see why Rob not once ever put him on the trade block.

Ntm, Lakers still need to find out if we gonna get Playoff Rondo or No-go Rondo. So either way, Caruso got time to learn and get better. By the time he get a starting spot, all y'all gonna say Lakers fans knew what they had the whole time lol
If I’m getting Rose, Caruso can go lol no one is saying he’s trash but the overvaluing is hella biased. Yes we do it too *cough cough* Thybulle *cough cough* but to say he is off the table is wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom