THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You listen to the ESPN NBA podcast and he says plenty of things against LeBron and has gotten Klutch mad in years past.
I'm not saying windhorst isn't a credible journalist at all. But there's no denying that he is what he is now because of LeBron.

“Starring” for the Warriors :rofl::rofl:

dudes have a defense of Steph, DLo & McKinney trying to guard teams in the west

1569969554663.gif

For me depth is a numbers game, for sure Kawhi and PG were massive upgrades but I need to see what the rest of the guys after Lou and Trez can do before saying the bench is tops in the league.

JMG was in and out of my fantasy team last year towards the end of the season :lol: decent low end numbers not much else imo.

Yeah, I’m not ready to anoint them the best bench in the league yet either. But I think it’s likely that their bench will more often be an advantage for them than it is a disadvantage.

Imma get this take off and then imma never participate in big clipper thread again. I see people constantly prop them up for what they did last season, specifically after the break. But last season was such a fluke and I don't even think I'm being biased when I say that. Throughout the year they had so many games where the other team was missing their best player. It was really unusual how often that happened with them last year.

And then their numbers looked good after the break but again you have to look at the schedule. They had 30 games from February to the end of the year. They won 20. 6 of those wins were against teams .500 or better. 2 of those 6 wins were against OKC and Indy who were not .500 after injuries to PG and Vic. They also beat Detroit, Brooklyn and Boston twice, once with Tatum out. Every other win was against a sub .500 tanking team.

They lost 10 games in that stretch. Average margin of defeat was 18 points. They were getting smacked by every playoff team they faced. They made their bread beating on teams that were laying down and got destroyed by real teams. That's like..textbook definition of fool's gold. And even with that said, the only thing really holding them back this year is the health situation with PG/Kawhi and the fact that their #1 option is now a #3 option and their #1 and #2 weren't on the team, never played together and play the exact same position.

I can't think of a team where the #1 and #2 were both brand new like that and won a chip. Pretty sure it's never happened. And then I think people don't realize that PG was actually better offensively than Kawhi last year so they're gonna have to figure out that heirarchy. They're gonna be a good team but I don't see this juggernaut people are making them out to be and I wouldn't even be surprised if their defense was outside the top 5, I actually expect it. The expectations should be lowered because it's almost unfair to them to expect them to win a chip in year 1 given those circumstances

TLDR - clippers are overrated because of a fluke season. Will be legit contenders year 2

you wanna put bread up that lac has a better record than lal? And that they’ll go farther in the playoffs than LAL?

you And one other person who want action on this bet. $200
Barring injury to each team's big 2 or major injury notwithstanding?

It comes down to who's going to make Philly pay for their supposed lack of spacing/non dribbling playmakers

I don't think MIL is that team as constructed, same said for the rest of the conference as it stands now

Whatever east team can spread the floor can probably upset the Sixers. Maybe the Celtics if Hayward goes back to his old ways.

Bad matchup for the Bucks though.

Only East teams I’m interested in watching is ATL, Indiana and Orlando.

All them other teams can kick rocks. Go Hawks :pimp:

Only East teams I’m interested in watching is ATL, Indiana and Orlando.

All them other teams can kick rocks. Go Hawks :pimp:
I really wish the Hawks didn’t sign Jabari.. lol
Im definitely rocking with them too though
they could potentially be like OKC where they make the playoffs earlier than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom