THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucks will rack up wins during the regular season. God bless that roster outside of Giannis come playoff time.

Philly still a question mark come playoff time. Aside from spacing and fit concerns they lost their best player in crunch time. Big void to fill.

Philly still a question mark come playoff time. Aside from spacing and fit concerns they lost their best player in crunch time. Big void to fill.

Yep. No go to scorer. Jimmy was the guy. Tobias isnt and wont ever be that guy. Good player but theres a reason he was on 4 teams in 5 years.

Yep. No go to scorer. Jimmy was the guy. Tobias isnt and wont ever be that guy. Good player but theres a reason he was on 4 teams in 5 years.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but I will point out that his last bucket for the Clippers was a game-winner out of an isolation play...so he can do it occasionally. Consistently, that’s another matter...

Whatever east team can spread the floor can probably upset the Sixers. Maybe the Celtics if Hayward goes back to his old ways.

Bad matchup for the Bucks though.
In a 7 game series, Boston's problem of who will guard Embiid is bigger than Philly's problem of being spread out defensively imo

Can apply the same logic with every matchup Philly could have. People can focus on their issues, rightfully so, but the other east teams have bigger questions and don't matchup that well with Philly imo

Very interested to see what Philly looks like in close games when they don't have a go-to perimeter scorer.

They match up so well with Milwaukee (IMO) that it might not even matter though.

Philly has to run Xs and Os to be effective down the stretch. The same way doc did with the Celtics and Popovich does with the spurs. It’s has to be a flawless execution and I think we have the personnel to do it.

Philly has to run Xs and Os to be effective down the stretch. The same way doc did with the Celtics and Popovich does with the spurs. It’s has to be a flawless execution and I think we have the personnel to do it.
Is Brown the right coach for this?

:emoji_thinking:

I'm biased though.

On topic: theres a pretty steep drop of talent after PG and Kawhi, and essentially replacing Gallo + Shai (I'm pretty high on him) + Harris with Shamet + Harkless in the supporting cast is a downgrade.
That’s a strange way to view it. Wouldn’t it be more accurate to say we replaced Gallo and Shai with PG and Kawhi? We played the 2nd half of the season and the Entire postseason without Tobias.

Also, idk if using fantasy basketball is the best way to evaluate a role player’s value

That’s a strange way to view it. Wouldn’t it be more accurate to say we replaced Gallo and Shai with PG and Kawhi? We played the 2nd half of the season and the Entire postseason without Tobias.

Also, idk if using fantasy basketball is the best way to evaluate a role player’s value

I thought about that as I was typing it but in the end I was thinking moreso towards bench guys/supporting cast since the argument was about depth. Of course Kawhi and PG will make a huge difference but the quality and quantity of bench guys overall I wouldn’t put them high on the list.

Lol yeah fantasy isn’t real life nba games/game contribution but I was just throwing in my own anecdotal evidence.

Reactions: HIM
Is Brown the right coach for this?
I go back and forth on this. I believe he can. It’s hard to judge him when we was babying Fultz while also managing Embiid and Jimmy. Now it would be easier especially adding more team friendly players

I thought about that as I was typing it but in the end I was thinking moreso towards bench guys/supporting cast since the argument was about depth. Of course Kawhi and PG will make a huge difference but the quality and quantity of bench guys overall I wouldn’t put them high on the list.

Lol yeah fantasy isn’t real life nba games/game contribution but I was just throwing in my own anecdotal evidence.

i’m not trippin about the regular season. I’m marking us down as a top 4 seed and we’ll see how the league is looking in the postseason.

Random but intriguing question....What players sigs are getting continued beyond retirement? Bean, Bron and Steph are all I can think of.

I was talking to a close friend of mine the other day. I won't say what team he reps but he's damn sure not a Laker fan I'll tell you that much. His team made some changes this summer and he mentioned to me, in a moment of vulnerability and innocence, how it was bittersweet because although he appreciated the changes it meant that the regular season didn't matter anymore because the team now has championship expectations. It was then that I couldn't help myself from laughing in his face because right then, at that very moment, whether he was conscious of it or not..he fully understood what it meant to be a Laker fan :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom