THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big zeke said he got fouled hard his second game ever in Chicago. He pointed to some dudes in the crowd and told the guy that fouled him “you live here right, well those are my people”

goon

Watching G6 2013 Finals and it’s bringing back the roller coaster of emotions I experienced in that 4th quarter :lol:
It was almost the turning point for me and my Bron fandom cus after those two turnovers I was thinking damn he really don’t got “it” .

Are y’all keeping abreast of the Royce White/Kendrick Perkins beef? Apparently Royce wants to beat Kendrick up, and I would love to see it.

this beef still going on in royce's head :smh:
i kinda think he is serious :sick:

Bill Russell shot like 43% from the field... how is he even in the discussion lol
1585253262046.jpeg

From everything I've read over the years about him, it always made me think that Russell was basically the Tim Duncan of that era. Did whatever the team needed in order to win. Ultimate team guy. Everyone from that generation raves about him and says that he's the #1 guy they'd want on their team if they wanted to win. Same thing people say about Jordan in the modern era. I think that has to mean something in the end with where he gets placed on an all-time list.

Bill Russell shot like 43% from the field... how is he even in the discussion lol

Have you seen what shooting percentages were like back in the '60s lol? I picked the 1961-62 season as an example. Walt Bellamy led the league at 51.9%. He and Wilt were the only two players to average 50+. The third place guy was Jack Twyman, who shot 47.9%. To put that in perspective, 51.9% would have been good enough for 27th last year, one slot behind Durant, and tied with LaMarcus Aldridge. 47.9% isn't even top 50 in the league last year. Using shooting percentages from the '60s to discount a player's career is absurd.

From everything I've read over the years about him, it always made me think that Russell was basically the Tim Duncan of that era. Did whatever the team needed in order to win. Ultimate team guy. Everyone from that generation raves about him and says that he's the #1 guy they'd want on their team if they wanted to win. Same thing people say about Jordan in the modern era. I think that has to mean something in the end with where he gets placed on an all-time list.

but Duncan was an offensive anchor. Russell never shot over 50% from the field. I got nothing but respect for OG but he’s Deandre Jordan playing in black and white

Also, given how different the game was during the Wilt/Russell era compared to now, I wouldn't care if folks made a list that didn't have either of them, but then included a blurb about how great and dominant they were during their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom