THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen what shooting percentages were like back in the '60s lol? I picked the 1961-62 season as an example. Walt Bellamy led the league at 51.9%. He and Wilt were the only two players to average 50+. The third place guy was Jack Twyman, who shot 47.9%. To put that in perspective, 51.9% would have been good enough for 27th last year, one slot behind Durant, and tied with LaMarcus Aldridge. 47.9% isn't even top 50 in the league last year. Using shooting percentages from the '60s to discount a player's career is absurd.

At the same time his rebounding #s are super juiced too because no one could shoot and the game was super fast

Watching G6 2013 Finals and it’s bringing back the roller coaster of emotions I experienced in that 4th quarter :lol:
It was almost the turning point for me and my Bron fandom cus after those two turnovers I was thinking damn he really don’t got “it” .

:smh:

Manu and Kawhi f’d that up. Ole man Timmy was BALLIN too smfh.

Tim Duncan should be 6-0 in the finals.....

Have you seen what shooting percentages were like back in the '60s lol? I picked the 1961-62 season as an example. Walt Bellamy led the league at 51.9%. He and Wilt were the only two players to average 50+. The third place guy was Jack Twyman, who shot 47.9%. To put that in perspective, 51.9% would have been good enough for 27th last year, one slot behind Durant, and tied with LaMarcus Aldridge. 47.9% isn't even top 50 in the league last year. Using shooting percentages from the '60s to discount a player's career is absurd.

True, they were also shooting into Peach baskets and playing with Chuck Taylor's on their feet

dirty *** bags made in a dirty *** factory are literally just as bad

except you can throw away plastic bags, i don't wanna worry about da hygiene of some dirty hipster and their reusable bag that never gets washed.

you got doctors in queens dying because they reusing supplies to protect themselves...and you expect folks to look at them dingy bags ya keep around as kosher? :lol: im good b.

at this rate u gonna need a hazmat suit to try on kicks at Footlocker whenever they reopen, let alone plastic shopping bags.

1585253262046.jpeg

u know on da low you got folks who won rings in da last 10 years and look at how low rent/quality them old rings are and think

them old NBA championship rings pale in comparison to da craftsmanship to whats out now.
Count-the-ringzzzzz.-Photo-via-@PhilJackson11.jpg

just looking at da evolution of phil Jackson's rings shows da more current da ring is da more elaborate and intricate da design... let's you know how much more bread is in da league overall.

I was gonna
them old NBA championship rings pale in comparison to da craftsmanship to whats out now.
Count-the-ringzzzzz.-Photo-via-@PhilJackson11.jpg

just looking at da evolution of phil Jackson's rings shows da more current da ring is da more elaborate and intricate da design... let's you know how much more bread is in da league overall.

I am sure players winning a championship and being apart of a championship team means more to them than the appearance of the ring. The Larry O’Brien Trophy hasn’t changed since 1977, B. That’s all that matters.

This reminds me....y’all been exercising in the crib during the quarantine? I’m not trying to risk the gyms so I was doing home core and strength exercises. I think it’s helped with being stuck inside all the time (when I wasn’t at work)

100x push-ups (sets of 25)
150x ab wheel
100x curls (set of 25)
60x resistance band squats (set of 15)
Misc chest, bicep resistance band work
Just started back running today (legs gone new toast tomorrow)

Just trying to maintain until can get back on the heavy weights.

I was gonna

I am sure players winning a championship and being apart of a championship team means more to them than the appearance of the ring. The Larry O’Brien Trophy hasn’t changed since 1977, B. That’s all that matters.

Speaking of the Larry O'Brien trophy, it's actually kind of a disgrace that his name is attached to it. He was an incompetent commissioner who nearly destroyed the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom