THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruh. Imagine if Elton Brand or Masai Ujiri walked into their respective locker rooms and dropped the N bomb. before a game :wow: :lol:

Adams > any current Clipper big man 6'9" and up

1) No.

2) His contract is an eyesore

3) If the Clips play the season out and decide that they need a footer that's not Zu, they can probably get a serviceable one at the deadline for cheap in some form or fashion. You're vastly overrating the impact of a footer in 2019.

I'm content with the Clips wing depth tbh with PG/Kawhi/JaMychal/Moe and Zu's a fine starting center.

That > Steven Adams

Bruh. Imagine if Elton Brand or Masai Ujiri walked into their respective locker rooms and dropped the N bomb. before a game :wow: :lol:

Read this earlier. Bruh Penny Toller been a hothead but you know it's real when the WNBA gets a feature like this.

There’s literally no way the Lakers don’t at least make he finals right? Pencil them in

I understand having Bron and AD but the whole coaching thing will become a topic will it not? Plus I can’t get over that Kurt Rambis and his wife has some pull over Jeanie.

1) No.

2) His contract is an eyesore

3) If the Clips play the season out and decide that they need a footer that's not Zu, they can probably get a serviceable one at the deadline for cheap in some form or fashion. You're vastly overrating the impact of a footer in 2019.

I'm content with the Clips wing depth tbh with PG/Kawhi/JaMychal/Moe and Zu's a fine starting center.

That > Steven Adams
We'll definitely see as the season progresses. My hunch is by midseason Doc is gonna feel the effects of the lack of bigs in the lineup.

Notice how the elite all have solid bigs because their GM's already know the deal and where the real competition is heading...

1. Philly - Embiid, Horford
2. Mil - Giannis, Brook, plus Robin
3. Portland - Nurkic, plus Whiteside
4. Toronto - Gasol, Ibaka, Siakam

Notice how the above 4 teams all went deep in the playoffs last year and all their significant off season additions involved adding a solid big man. Even GSW added WCS to pair up with Looney to give them a couple 7-footers so they could compete, knowing that AD, Boogie over in L.A. GSW wasn't worried about adding defensive wings because they know the deal.

Everyone gonna know sooner than later the road to the title gonna,have to go through AD, Lebron, Javale, Dwight, and Boogie the next 3+ years. There's a reason why Brooklyn felt it needed to add D. Jordan, when they already had KD and shot blocker deluxe J. Allen. The more bigs, the more you can compete.

And we still haven't seen how the Luka-Porzingis dynamic will play out in Dal. And all I know is this: in the West, you gotta deal with Jokic, Aldridge, KAT, and Gobert in addition to everyone else.

You sure you're content with that lineup or are you more in denial? Remember, it has always been Size and Length that have been the "support system" that allowed Kawhi to thrive and win a chip in SA and TOR. We all know who he had with the Spurs 5 years ago. And last year, dude had Gasol, Siakam, OG, AND Ibaka. All that length and defensive presence in the paint to help him get thru.

With the Clips, what type of muscle does Kawji have behind him? If I'm a Clipper fan I ain't content with **** knowing what the competition has done to enhance their lineups given the new competitive landscape.

Having said that, Pelinka/Rambis/Bertka > Frank/Doc....imho.

Last edited:
I don’t think it matters much for the top tier superstars - guys like LeBron, KD, Giannis, etc. - but for people like Kuzma it definitely does.
I'm inclined to agree...but...Blake Griffin was a big off court star in the NBA. Haven't seen him in any commercials etc after being traded to Detroit.

And as big as giannis is on court with us fans...he'd be a household name if he was a knick or a laker imo

We'll definitely see as the season progresses. My hunch is by midseason Doc is gonna feel the effects of the lack of bigs in the lineup.

Notice how the elite all have solid bigs because their GM's already know the deal and where the real competition is heading...

Notice how the above 4 teams all went deep in the playoffs last year and all their significant off season additions involved adding a solid big man. Even GSW added WCS to pair up with Looney to give them a couple 7-footers so they could compete, knowing that AD, Boogie over in L.A. GSW wasn't worried about adding defensive wings because they know the deal.

Everyone gonna know sooner than later the road to the title gonna,have to go through AD, Lebron, Javale, Dwight, and Boogie the next 3+ years. There's a reason why Brooklyn felt it needed to add D. Jordan, when they already had KD and shot blocker deluxe J. Allen. The more bigs, the more you can compete.

And we still haven't seen how the Luka-Porzingis dynamic will play out in Dal. And all I know is this: in the West, you gotta deal with Jokic, Aldridge, KAT, and Gobert in addition to everyone else.

You sure you're content with that lineup or are you more in denial? Remember, it has always been Size and Length that have been the "support system" that allowed Kawhi to thrive and win a chip in SA and TOR. We all know who he had with the Spurs 5 years ago. And last year, dude had Gasol, Siakam, OG, AND Ibaka. All that length and defensive presence in the paint to help him get thru.

With the Clips, what type of muscle does Kawji have behind him? If I'm a Clipper fan I ain't content with **** knowing what the competition has done to enhance their lineups given the new competitive landscape.

hahahahahahahhahahaha

Stop it.

The NBA hasn't been a big man's league for 20+ years now.

And even if that were the case, boogie? Hurt and may never play meaningful minutes again. Dwight Howard? Come on now. Javale McGhee? Lol

AD has staunchly refused to play center.

All of those teams you mentioned also had great wing and/or guard play. So to say they went deep in the playoffs because of front court big play is just plain false.

Giannis isn't even a traditional big so he doesn't really belong on that list and nurkic was out, so he wasn't even a factor in Portland getting to the wcf

Toronto aside, in the 4 years prior, there wasn't a big on the championship team or the finals runner up as talented as zubac...and that's not saying much.

Brooklyn added Jordan because they wanted kd and kyrie. Plain and simple.

Lastly if pelinka etc etc were better than doc etc etc, kawhi would be wearing purple + gold right now. Word to Jerry West. imho

Stop it.

And even if that were the case, boogie? Hurt and may never play meaningful minutes again. Dwight Howard? Come on now. Javale McGhee? Lol

AD has staunchly refused to play center.

All of those teams you mentioned also had great wing and/or guard play. So to say they went deep in the playoffs because of front court big play is just plain false.

Giannis isn't even a traditional big so he doesn't really belong on that list and nurkic was out, so he wasn't even a factor in Portland getting to the wcf

Toronto aside, in the 4 years prior, there wasn't a big on the championship team or the finals runner up as talented as zubac...and that's not saying much.

Brooklyn added Jordan because they wanted kd and kyrie. Plain and simple.

Lastly if pelinka etc etc were better than doc etc etc, kawhi would be wearing purple + gold right now. Word to Jerry West. imho
Last season is not equal to this season. This season will prove that it ain't all about the small ball and wing play. The Warriors style of play cannot be emulated.

Let's not act like small ball or positionless basketball is something new. There is only one Splash Brothers.

You are completely underestimating the impact Dwight and Javale will have on a roster that has AD and Lebron. That's not a good idea. So I will reserve additional commentary until after the Lakers pound the Clipperd into submission and remind them about their place in the city. I'll wait til next year to address Boogie.

Now when you got a league with a bunch of emerging bigs who can do it all and take their game outside-in and play like guards, attention will turn back to the big man.

AD and Giannis will be the best players in the league as soon as Lebron is done with it. When this happens, the rest of the league will be chasing....just like the league was trying to catch GSW.

And no, Kawhi ain't the best player in the NBA. He was the best player on the best team in the NBA. Shout out to Masai up north.

How great Pelinka, Rambis, and Bill B are will manifest itself when the Lakers win the chip with a team they built in response to not getting Kawhi.

The Lakers always have the last laugh.

And let's not kid ourselves, KD was going to Brooklyn with or without DeAndre. Dude had his mind made up and was gonna team with Kyrie. Jordan was the bonus they needed in order to stay competitive.

#17inJune

Last edited:
Last season is not equal to this season. This season will prove that it ain't all about the small ball and wing play. The Warriors style of play cannot be emulated.

Let's not act like small ball or positionless basketball is something new. There is only one Splash Brothers.

Now when you got a league with a bunch of emerging bigs who can do it all and take their game outside-in and play like guards, attention will turn back to the big man.

AD and Giannis will be the best players in the league as soon as Lebron is done with it.

And no, Kawhi ain't the best player in the NBA. He was the best player on the best team in the NBA. Shout out to Masai up north.

How great Pelinka, Rambis, and Bill B are will manifest itself when the Lakers win the chip with a team they built in response to not getting Kawhi.

The Lakers always have the last laugh.

#17inJune
In short, excluding LeBron and ad of course, no teams are looking at laker Bigs and saying to themselves "we need to add more big men to the roster in order to compete."

All the other chest bumping laker mumbo jumbo can wait till may/June

Last edited:
download (5).jpeg

rawImage.jpg

f1584-1535372919-800.jpg

od5pcn-b88792070z.120160907160030000grrimm1c.10.jpg

a8fe3142dc32e18a6e5b3830d515936f.jpg

download (6).jpeg

73e62a7e-f112-453b-858c-29c527c1bd94-2019-06-24_Giannis.jpg

Giannis isn't a big man.
That malone pic is from 97
Dirk isn't a traditional big in the way the other guy was talking about
Shaq is just as rare then as curry is now...
Duncan was Duncan

You clearly took one sentence from my post and totally ignored proper context.

You really added to my point. No big on the Lakers roster outside of ad and LeBron move the needle like those guys above. So, remind me again why any team needs to beef up in the front court to deal with the laker big men outside of ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom