THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
download (5).jpeg

rawImage.jpg

f1584-1535372919-800.jpg

od5pcn-b88792070z.120160907160030000grrimm1c.10.jpg

a8fe3142dc32e18a6e5b3830d515936f.jpg

download (6).jpeg

73e62a7e-f112-453b-858c-29c527c1bd94-2019-06-24_Giannis.jpg

This doesn’t really undermine his point. In fact, kind of supports it. What made Dirk flourish and what makes Giannis special is that they are not traditional, back to the basket bigs.

Giannis isn't a big man.
That malone pic is from 97
Dirk isn't a traditional big in the way the other guy was talking about
Shaq is just as rare then as curry is now...
Duncan was Duncan

You clearly took one sentence from my post and totally ignored proper context.

You really added to my point. No big on the Lakers roster outside of ad and LeBron move the needle like those guys above. So, remind me again why any team needs to beef up in the front court to deal with the laker big men outside of ad?
Karl won the mvp in 99
Giannis is a big

Your statement was false
F LA tho

The league knows that the only teams that were really able to compete with the Warriors dynasty all had length and a bunch of 6'9"-6-11" dudes who could guard 3 or more positions.

This is still a big man's sport

Giannis is a big. He's 6'10-6'11". Just cause he doesn't play back to the basket doesn't mean he ain't a big. Dude averages a gang of rebounds and blocks shots no?

Call him a SF, call him a guard, I dont care. He's 6'11" with a center's wingspan.

So if Giannis ain't a big, then what is AD, who is damn near the same height and plays a similar game? In fact, AD got better shooting from distance and mid range than Freak yet AD labeled a "PF" Lol

these are trash period.

shows the effort to cash in on the mystique of a side of brooklyn that's quickly dying because of the very "renovations" to the many neighborhoods brought on by the construction of the barclays center in particular.

find culture
usurp culture
make $$$
destroy that very culture you took advantage of and replace it with some mallified version

Last edited:
Giannis is a big. He's 6'10-6'11". Just cause he doesn't play back to the basket doesn't mean he ain't a big. Dude averages a gang of rebounds and blocks shots no?

Call him a SF, call him a guard, I dont care. He's 6'11" with a center's wingspan.

I'm ok with whatever you call him. But you can't put his name into a conversation as proof that you need rim protecting, brick wall screening, dirty work doing big men.

For the record, kd is a 7 footer with a 7 foot wingspan, that can rebound and defend...does that make him a center?

Don't lose sight of what YOUR original point was. Within your original point, the Lopez brothers, nurkic etc were good examples. Giannis is not, because he doesn't fit that mold.

My OG point is this: teams need to stack their roster with bigs to help their respective superstars compete with the Lakers because LA just added the best all around big plus 2 former best bigs to a team that already had Lebron, McGee, and an emerging 6'9" Kuzma, whose defense will certainly improve this year.

No wonder Mil went out and got the twin to help Freak deal with the Lakers 4-headed monster inside. No wonder Bkln added DeAndre to help KD and Allen. No wonder Por decided to get Nurkic some Whiteside help knowing how Kanter all about that O.

No wonder Embiid said hell yeah when Big Al decided to join.

If the Clippers think they can contend with Zubac, Harkless, and Green guarding all of the aforementioned bigs and expect to win a series against the elite when Kawhi has nothing resembling the tandem of Gasol, Ibaka, and Siakam to help him muscle through the West, I'm sorry to say but they in for an unwelcoming surprise.

So if Giannis ain't a big, then what is AD, who is damn near the same height and plays a similar game? In fact, AD got better shooting from distance and mid range than Freak yet AD labeled a "PF" Lol

You think ad and Giannis play a similar game?

I don't ever see ad as the primary ball handler, bringing the ball up court and isolating to drive against smaller quicker defenders.

There's a lot of big men that shoot the ball better than guards or wing players, that doesn't make them shooting guards though.

My OG point is this: teams need to stack their roster with bigs to help their respective superstars compete with the Lakers because LA just added the best all around big plus 2 former best bigs to a team that already had Lebron, McGee, and an emerging 6'9" Kuzma, whose defense will certainly improve this year.

No wonder Mil went out and got the twin to help Freak deal with the Lakers 4-headed monster inside. No wonder Bkln added DeAndre to help KD and Allen. No wonder Por decided to get Nurkic some help knowing how Kanter all about that O.

No wonder Embiid said hell yeah when Big Al decided to join.

If the Clippers think they can contend with Zubac, Harkless, and Green guarding all of the aforementioned bigs and expect to win a series against the elite when Kawhi has nothing resembling the tandem of Gasol, Ibaka, and Siakam to help him muscle through the West, I'm sorry to say but they in for an unwelcoming surprise.
And just what do you think will happen on the other side of the floor when all these bigs have to guard smaller, faster, more athletic lineups?

As a Clippers fan, we will be just fine with zubac, green, Harrell...and we'll see what happens with our 2 6-10 youngsters.

No need to add anything at this point when nobody has shown or proven yet.

And just what do you think will happen on the other side of the floor when all these bigs have to guard smaller, faster, more athletic lineups?

As a Clippers fan, we will be just fine with zubac, green, Harrell...and we'll see what happens with our 2 6-10 youngsters.

No need to add anything at this point when nobody has shown or proven yet.
Here's what I think. The Lakers veteran defenders are going to rely heavily on communication from their bigs while their ball hawking defenders (Bradley, Green, Cook, Caruso, and KCP) funnel those quick and athletic wings and guards into the paint where AD, Javale, and Dwight will rim protect while Lebron is free to play free safety.

This is why the DGreen, Bradley, and Cook signings are so important. Their ability to adequately defend quick guards and forwards allow AD, Javale, Dwight, and Lebron to focus on protecting the paint. And people don't even know about Caruso yet. Dude can play d.

I've said it on this thread before. It's gonna be a scary sight.

Teams gonna be chasing the Lakers once again. I can already see it happening.

You think ad and Giannis play a similar game?

I don't ever see ad as the primary ball handler, bringing the ball up court and isolating to drive against smaller quicker defenders.

There's a lot of big men that shoot the ball better than guards or wing players, that doesn't make them shooting guards though.
Similar in that they both big men who can play facing the basket and both can handle the rock and both can create for others.

AD for sure can isolate and take a big off the dribble. This year we gonna see a lot of mid range from AD off of iso's.

Here's what I think. The Lakers veteran defenders are going to rely heavily on communication from their bigs while their ball hawking defenders (Bradley, Green, Cook, Caruso, and KCP) funnel those quick and athletic wings and guards into the paint where AD, Javale, and Dwight will rim protect while Lebron is free to play free safety.

This is why the DGreen, Bradley, and Cook signings are so important. Their ability to adequately defend quick guards and forwards allow AD, Javale, Dwight, and Lebron to focus on protecting the paint. And people don't even know about Caruso yet. Dude can play d.

I've said it on this thread before. It's gonna be a scary sight.

Teams gonna be chasing the Lakers once again. I can already see it happening.
I'll make a deal with you and all the other Lakers fans here...

If you can mention Avery Bradley, don't fire shots at Pat Beverly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom