THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ringer’s Bill Simmons is joined by ESPN’s Zach Lowe to revisit the 2001 draft and discuss some of the NBA subplots and legends from that draft class before redrafting the top 14 lottery picks.

2001 Redraftables With Zach Lowe: Parker or Pau? Arenas or Iso Joe? Elgin, MJ, and Wallace Doing Stuff! | Book of Basketball 2.0 from Book of Basketball 2.0 | Podbay https://podbay.fm/podcast/1483525141/e/1586361600

Whole lot of Gilbert talk

ConcernedClumsyCougar-size_restricted.gif
Didn’t Tristan Thompson beat the breaks off Draymond in a club?

Welp our shelter in place order got extended again until May 15th.

Yea got extended here temporarily until May 4th at least last week but everyone I talk to including management at work think it's realistically gonna be in place until mid June at least if not until much further down the road.

Kinda why I've gotten to the point where I'd be shocked if seasons were actually allowed to be continued and were able to be finished this year...

Not looking like we'll see even a semblance of a return to normalcy until the last quarter of the year at the very least rn tbh which is when the earliest expert estimates of a vaccine being widely available keep pointing towards

Curry: I can drop 60 on ANY team.....

Everyone: looks up career high

Not sure when he made this statement but I'm going to have to halt this misinformation train before it gets started. Let's look at his 50 point games.

1586559390703.png

He did those in 48, 36, 31, 34, 36 and 37 minutes, respectively. Save for the 48 minute loss against the Knicks (in 2013 mind you) his 50 point point games have come between 31 - 37 minutes in double digit wins. He plays the fourth or those games are tight and he's hanging 60.

Ya'll shouldn't be dishonest and let your hate for Steph blind you.

Not sure when he made this statement but I'm going to have to halt this misinformation train before it gets started. Let's look at his 50 point games.

1586559390703.png

He did those in 48, 36, 31, 34, 36 and 37 minutes, respectively. Save for the 48 minute loss against the Knicks (in 2013 mind you) his 50 point point games have come between 31 - 37 minutes in double digit wins. He plays the fourth or those games are tight and he's hanging 60.

How many Finals MVP for this light skin Mo Williams?

1586559390703.png

Much like Bron when he foolishly said this...

“If you give me 37 shots in a game, I’d have 60...70,” LeBron said, per ESPN's Tom Haberstroh.

Reporters laughed, but LeBron wasn't kidding.

"I had [almost] 40 now with 18 shots, I mean.... If you give me 37 shots in a game, I’d put up 60," he explained. "Easy."

We saw him actually take 33 shots a game in the 2015 finals and only average 36 points on the worst percentages in his career.

All talk until it actually happens, we have no ocular proof.

Much like Bron when he foolishly said this...

“If you give me 37 shots in a game, I’d have 60...70,” LeBron said, per ESPN's Tom Haberstroh.

Reporters laughed, but LeBron wasn't kidding.

"I had [almost] 40 now with 18 shots, I mean.... If you give me 37 shots in a game, I’d put up 60," he explained. "Easy."

We saw him actually take 33 shots a game in the 2015 finals and only average 36 points on the worst percentages in his career.

All talk until it actually happens, we have no ocular proof.

That's a great point, other than the fact that he scored 61 points on 33 shots shortly after he said that.

Maaannn. This brought back memories. Years ago I was the money guy for my boy's bachelor party in AC meaning that I was responsible for the banking and acquiring all the $1 bills then everyone just Venmo'd me their share. I was going to transport and bring the money to the strip club in a cardboard box ala Drake but instead copped that Jordan suitcase off eBay instead :pimp: :lol: Definitely still got that in storage somewhere.

Did anyone in here cop when they originally released?

I did.

My mother was travelling to the States right around the time these dropped, gave her the money and she was able to cop for me.

Used the suitcase to store my PS2 games. Still have it at my parents' house.

Maaannn. This brought back memories. Years ago I was the money guy for my boy's bachelor party in AC meaning that I was responsible for the banking and acquiring all the $1 bills then everyone just Venmo'd me their share. I was going to transport and bring the money to the strip club in a cardboard box ala Drake but instead copped that Jordan suitcase off eBay instead :pimp: :lol: Definitely still got that in storage somewhere.

Did anyone in here cop when they originally released?

I got all 3 back in 2002.

4CC7E9D2-0A02-4A0B-85E1-48D212B6E69A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom