THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knicks Rumors: Donovan Mitchell Trade Would Need Barrett, Robinson, 1st Rounders
MIKE CHIARI
APR 11, 2020
1586640014860.jpeg

An anonymous NBA executive believes the New York Knicks would have to part with a significant package of players and draft picks to pry All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell away from the Utah Jazz.

According to SNY's Ian Begley, the rival executive speculated that anything less than RJ Barrett or Mitchell Robinson and two first-round picks would likely be a non-starter from Utah's perspective.

Since Robinson may not be a great fit alongside All-Star center Rudy Gobert, the exec suggested that Barrett and two unprotected first-rounders would "get New York in the conversation" with the Jazz for Mitchell.

While the Jazz haven't indicated any plans to trade Mitchell, reports of a rift between Mitchell and Gobert has led to speculation that one of them could be on the move.

Shams Charania, Sam Amick and Tony Jones of The Athletic reported this week that a source said the relationship between Mitchell and Gobert "doesn't appear salvageable."

Gobert was the first NBA player who tested positive for coronavirus, but he didn't take the threat seriously before his diagnosis. Gobert jokingly touched media members' recording devices during an interview, and ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that Gobert was "careless" in the locker room in terms of touching other players and their belongings.

Mitchell was later diagnosed with COVID-19, but both he and Gobert have since recovered.

Gobert has since apologized for his actions and also donated $500,000 to support groups impacted by coronavirus in the United States and his native France.

If the Jazz decide to part ways with Mitchell, the Knicks would undoubtedly be interested because of their desperate need for a star player.

New York is 12th in the Eastern Conference this season at 21-45, and it hasn't reached the playoffs since the 2012-13 season. A big reason for the Knicks' failure to turn things around in recent years is the fact that first-round draft picks such as Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox and Barrett haven't made the type of instant impact the organization hoped.

Barrett was the No. 3 overall pick in the 2019 NBA draft, and he has been solid as a rookie with averages of 14.3 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game, while shooting 40.2 percent from the field and 32.0 percent from beyond the arc.

Mitchell averaged 20.5 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists as a rookie two seasons ago, and he has steadily improved since then. The former Louisville standout was named an All-Star for the first time this season with averages of 24.2 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.2 assists per contest.

The 23-year-old Mitchell is one of the NBA's fastest-rising stars, and he would instantly make the Knicks a far bigger threat in the Eastern Conference, especially if Julius Randle sticks around as a complementary piece.

Since it is possible that the Knicks' future first-round picks could fall outside the lottery if they acquire Mitchell, it is difficult to envision the Jazz parting ways with him for assets that are far from sure things.

The same goes for Barrett, who has yet to show he can be an All-Star-caliber player even though he possesses plenty of offensive talent.

If Utah wants to split up Mitchell and Gobert, moving the 27-year-old Gobert may be a smarter move for the long-term success of the team.

to Steph fans: Now if Lebby said this, you'd be unglued.

to Lebby fans salty at Steph's arrogance: Just imagine Lebby said. No biggie, right? Right.
As a NBA playeryou should feel/think you could dominate any and everyone in the league. No problem with what he said ,my problem is his trash haircut :rofl:

Last edited:
As a NBA playeryou should feel/think you could dominate any and everyone in the league. No problem with he said ,my problem is his trash haircut :rofl:

Yeah, about that...Steph isn’t exactly selling the benefits of DIY haircuts, huh?

As a NBA playeryou should feel/think you could dominate any and everyone in the league. No problem with he said ,my problem is his trash haircut :rofl:
I gotta give him a pass. I have no idea who's going to cut me & lil man's hair, and we're... struggling. Outchea looking all kinds of unkempt.

RJ and two firsts for Donovan sounds like a no-brainer but there's no way Utah is trading him instead of Rudy if it gets to that point.

Watching this game 6 Heat Spurs and it made me realize LeBron should have been playing point guard his whole career
Because he's played most of his career with point guards that weren't better than him at the position
Thats a waste of a roster spot and could have been used for another shooter

He would probably have at least 2 more NBA titles

:lol:

Duncan not being in the game on both offensive rebounds is a travesty.

Pop....really F’d that up. He was about to put Tim in, then brain froze, and he pulled him out. Tim had what...30 pts & 17 rebounds at that point? Pop over thought it man.

Leaving your best player and defensive anchor on the bench in a pivotal moment to play “match up” smh. And the lack of communication and confusion that Duncan would’ve made up for...resulted in a 3 the possession before and the rebound fiasco. B-ball breakdown does a good job of breaking it down.

I gotta give him a pass. I have no idea who's going to cut me & lil man's hair, and we're... struggling. Outchea looking all kinds of unkempt.
Someone I know wants to facetime me and I told her that wasnt happening. Cant have you seeing me extra rough. She was like "I don't look my best either". BS. I've seen her at "not her best". It aint the same as my beady naps and struggle facial hair.

Gobert to GSW needs to happen. Would like to try and finesse Royce O’Neal or Niang In a Wiggins package.

The screening and defense possibilities would be great!

About two weeks ago I asked if anyone in here snuck their barber in and cited interviews, work video calls, etc for potential reasons why. The next morning I thought about it and realized not getting a haircut right now is the wave. The world’s top medical minds are working to develop a vaccine, manufacturing companies from all industries are working to produce test kits, protective gear, etc and I’m sitting at home (working but still). The government and those same medical officials who are responsible for handling this gave me ONE job to do and it’s to stay at home and away from others unless it’s for an essential activity. If I’m a customer or hiring manager and I see a dude with a crispy cut on Skype, that he didn’t do himself, I’m thinking he can’t follow simple rules even in a time of emergency and giving him a mental demerit for it. I would probably wait until mid-interview/convo to ask how long he’s been cutting his hair to catch him off guard too so he can’t give a contrived answer.

Don’t get it twisted, I’m in the same boat as you and your son but I feel like it’s my civic duty to ride it out. These world conditions are unprecedented and as such it’s the one time there’s a universal free pass for a trash cut or no cut at all. It’s honestly the responsible thing to do.

Someone I know wants to facetime me and I told her that wasnt happening. Cant have you seeing me extra rough. She was like "I don't look my best either". BS. I've seen her at "not her best". It aint the same as my beady naps and struggle facial hair.
Her? 👀

Pics, or tales of mallard.

Pop....really F’d that up. He was about to put Tim in, then brain froze, and he pulled him out. Tim had what...30 pts & 17 rebounds at that point? Pop over thought it man.

Leaving your best player and defensive anchor on the bench in a pivotal moment to play “match up” smh. And the lack of communication and confusion that Duncan would’ve made up for...resulted in a 3 the possession before and the rebound fiasco. B-ball breakdown does a good job of breaking it down.

He had 25 in the first half and a quiet second half. He was a liability in the fourth and the heat were attacking him on defense. POP was playing it TOO safe tho on the last poccessions.

Could care less for a haircut right now but ill be damned if I dont get some sunshine (socially distanced of course).

You were one one of the posters who responded to me asking why someone would sneak in a barber (or maybe your brought up the point that there’s no need for a cut right now). Regardless, I came around and agree with that sentiment as well as your current point that that socially distanced sunshine is necessary in some cases (it’s also sanctioned).

Damn, you really gonna hold out on AOC bae like that? You’re cold.

:lol:. You coming up with hypotheticals that LeBron would have AT LEAST 2 more rings, if he played PG is just hilarious. Y’all love these weird hypotheticals.

Who says **** like that :lol:. Goofy.
Actually its what sports analyst and authentic sports fans do
Here's an example, "If Steph Curry didn't have Klay, Draymond, Barbosa, Iggy, and KD to bail him out in the Finals, he may only have 1 NBA title."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom