THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many days have we been without the NBA?

7940f72cb3c1cb274c191214c1e1dee4.gif

EDIT: pmatic pmatic beat me to it. Same GIF and all. Great minds :lol:

It’s simple. Nobody else can get any credit for the warriors because that would mean that you’d have to take some of the credit away from Steph.
You're not wrong, but I just want to point out that this is definitely NOT just Steph.

Same thing with Bron teams. Downplaying others to make sure Bron gets all love, no one else.

Saw it for years on post-Shaq Kobe teams. And some of those teams legit WERE trash, but still, even the championship teams get talked about as subpar by Kobe Stans, so he gets all credit.

Adding on to what I said before, my personal favorite dynamic about all 3 of those crowds, and all crowds of Stans who go to great lengths to minimize the rest of the team in order to big up their deity is this: They all hate that the other Stans do it and they'll call other Stans out for doing it without realizing that they do it their self. 😂🤦‍♂️ Like Steph fans will call out Lebby fans for minimizing Kyrie and Love, then turn around and minimize Klay, Dray, Kerr, and especially the presence of bigs like Bogut.

Actually everyone minimizes bigs, but that's a different topic.

Lebby Stans will clown Kobe Stans for minimizing Pau, Lamar, and all those shooters, then act like Bosh 'n'em were just meh.

They hate the exact thing they do.

Some clipper love but no warrior predictions

More clips love but no GSW predictions

there’s more but y’all get the picture. Not sure if that’s what the discussion was on but The perception of the warriors being loaded and stacked going into 14-15 just didn’t exist. *ducks*

Now what can be argued is that that 14-15 warriors team was indeed loaded, and that people simply got it wrong. I wouldn't disagree with that. But the perception that they were a loaded juggernaut going into that year was far from true.

My head is constantly spinning when it comes to what the consensus is on draymond green in here.

One day...he’s trash and the most overrated player in the history of basketball. Another day...he’s one of the four stars who made the league “not fun” for a minute.
Draymond Green
3x All-Star
All-NBA 2nd team 2016
All-NBA 3rd team 2017
DPOY 2017
3x NBA All-Defensive 1st team (2015-2017)
2x NBA All-defensive 2nd team (2018-2019)
NBA steals leader 2017

Mike Beas always looks chill af and down to earth.

Then he’s the one who had cases of depression. It really be the one you lest suspect
Because they 'feel' their feelings at a very raw, deep level as opposed to just 'Ah, eff it. Life sucks and ish happens.' They experience the highs just like everyone else, and that's when we see them having a good time with people, laughing, partying and smiling like we saw from Robin Williams and Chester Bennington with his kids the day before he… well, I won't get into that because that's another topic, but... they experience those highs and good times with people. But their lows are catastrophically low, and we don't see that part. We just read about them drugged out and unconscious like Lamar Odom.

These are my people. 🤷‍♂️

Draymond Green
3x All-Star
All-NBA 2nd team 2016
All-NBA 3rd team 2017
DPOY 2017
3x NBA All-Defensive 1st team (2015-2017)
2x NBA All-defensive 2nd team (2018-2019)
NBA steals leader 2017
Hall of Very Good numbers, not HoF numbers.

So he'll get in.

Some clipper love but no warrior predictions

More clips love but no GSW predictions

there’s more but y’all get the picture. Not sure if that’s what the discussion was on but The perception of the warriors being loaded and stacked going into 14-15 just didn’t exist. *ducks*

Now what can be argued is that that 14-15 warriors team was indeed loaded, and that people simply got it wrong. I wouldn't disagree with that. But the perception that they were a loaded juggernaut going into that year was far from true.

Yup. And to add to that....Just look at a Slam Top 50, or Sports Illustrated Top 100.....to view how the warriors “stars” were viewed in terms of “TALENT” at the respective times.

Far....Faaaaaaar cry from “Top tier talent”.....that was considered when teams were shuffling the decks and “arm racing” to build championship rosters.

And slam went THERE in 2014...and it’s funny how in the write up, they knew they'd get pushback from putting Steph as top 5, and it was “controversial” then. But looks like they were ahead of the curve with that one.

And for the thousandth time. This isn’t meant to devalue what Klay/Dray meant to a championship team in order to propel Steph Curry. It’s simply to show what level of talent those guys were viewed as, respective around the league at a various time.

Word to DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican . I come in peace. Not with that goofy foolishness y’all on :lol:.

Nobody in their minds at the start of the 2014-2015 season....and even DURING it...were considering Klay Thompson and Draymond Green as “top tier stars”.

Not a soul. @100027
Steph and Klay's stats weren't that different in thst first championship year other than assists

So if Steph was considered top tier (he won the MVP), Klay wasn't far behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom