THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a post. I forgot you’re the guy who thought Tmac played for the magic in 2014.

Goodbye sir.
This isn't even a hot take

Steph & Klay were considered more of a duo than just Steph "carrying" the warriors to the championship.

Prime example of bistephsuals downplaying Klays contributions to prop up Steph.

Last edited:
My head is constantly spinning when it comes to what the consensus is on draymond green in here.

One day...he’s trash and the most overrated player in the history of basketball. Another day...he’s one of the four stars who made the league “not fun” for a minute.

Whatever the consensus is, I consider Draymond to be an absolutely fantastic player during his prime 2-3 years.

IMG_20200411_145331.jpg

I want to say one of the analytical predictions liked the Warriors before the 2014-15 season tipped. 538 comes to mind.
paine-feature-nba-gsw1.png

Very few first-time NBA coaches are lucky enough to inherit a team as talented as the one Steve Kerr has in the Golden State Warriors this year. Last year, Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson shared one of the most remarkable offensive seasons any starting backcourt has had in the NBA since 2000. Together, they averaged a 55 percent effective field goal percentage10 while combining to take 38 percent of the Warriors’ shots. That is the best eFG percentage for any backcourt that took more than 35 percent of its team’s shots since 2000.

Kerr also inherits a defense that finished fourth in the league in defensive efficiency last season. Golden State’s defensive prowess, built on holding opponents to 46 percent shooting from inside the arc, the third-best mark in the league, was masked by its frenetic pace. The Warriors were sixth in the league in tempo last season, which meant that they actually gave up only the 10th-fewest points per game.

Much of Golden State’s defensive success can be attributed to the signing of Andre Iguodala, perennially ranked by advanced metrics and scouts alike as one of the best wing defenders in the league. But drafting Draymond Green also helped. Green was the afterthought of the Warriors’ 2012 draft; Harrison Barnes, drafted seventh overall, was supposed to be the star. But Green quietly had a breakout campaign last year. He had the best defensive rebounding percentage (19.3 percent) of any small forward who played more than 15 minutes per game, and also was in the top three in block percentage and steals percentage. Green averaged only 21 minutes per game last season. He deserves more under Kerr.

For Golden State to break through to a Western Conference finals appearance (or beyond), Kerr and associate head coach Alvin Gentry will have to maintain the team’s defensive record. Neither has ever presided over a top-10 defense in the NBA. They will also need the three veterans over 30 years old — Andrew Bogut, David Lee and Iguodala — to remain healthy, something that has not happened in recent seasons. The Warriors’ core is not getting any younger, and the elite in the West are not getting worse. But that’s for Kerr to worry about next year. For now, he needs to capitalize on his roster’s head start. — John Ezekowitz

I want to say one of the analytical predictions liked the Warriors before the 2014-15 season tipped. 538 comes to mind.

Yeah. I mean...that was already a good team, heading in the right direction. They’d won an average of about 50 games the past 2 years.

They predicted them at 56 wins. Which would be a 5 game improvement from the previous year. And they def liked the Warriors. That was considered “nerd talk” at the time tho.

So yes. They were a good team. A collection of talent they built. But they weren’t one of those teams being considered as having assembled “top tier stars” or looked at as “top tier talent”. Didn’t see 67 wins and a chip with a rookie head coach in the loaded west.

They had a star...a good young player and potential star in Klay...and a good mix of vets/chemistry guys and intriguing young guys in Barnes, Dray.

2013 game 6 final 20 seconds on abc (on the west coast), totally forgot this game went into overtime lol. Bron choked at the end but hit that big 3 for some redemption.

Watching this game 6 Heat Spurs and it made me realize LeBron should have been playing point guard his whole career
Because he's played most of his career with point guards that weren't better than him at the position
Thats a waste of a roster spot and could have been used for another shooter

He would probably have at least 2 more NBA titles

Watching this game 6 Heat Spurs and it made me realize LeBron should have been playing point guard his whole career
Because he's played most of his career with point guards that weren't better than him at the position
Thats a waste of a roster spot and could have been used for another shooter

He would probably have at least 2 more NBA titles

He basically was PG his whole career and played with point guards that could shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom