THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate what Beal is trying to to, but at the same time there’s only so much the NBA can do to make the WBNA more popular/successful (that makes economic sense). The WNBA has been around for 20 years now and it’s not like it hasn’t been promoted. Ads for the league are featured on NBA broadcasts, they talk about it on NBAtv, prominent WNBA occasionally players get features on NBA studio shows. The NBA can’t force people to be more into women’s hoops who are not.

I personally have tried multiple times to get into the WBNA and can’t. The drop off in athleticism is so significant from the men’s game that I just don’t find the product that entertaining. I respected the WNBA players’ skills and ability, but it’s just not something I feel compelled to watch. No amount or promotion or investment by the NBA is going to change that. And I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that way.

Agreed. I've tried to follow the WNBA, and it just doesn't have much appeal. My friends and I talk every year about going to a Storm game, mainly when a player like EDD comes into town. The Storm at full strength is a wrecking crew. It's been one of the best WNBA franchises (ironically). It just never ends up happening because...it's the WNBA. This isn't an insult to the league. They are talented, and my buddies have been on men's practice squads with the likes of Lauren Jackson, and they had a tough time.

Still, if I had a daughter, I would absolutely take her to every Storm game I could. I would expose her to every form of basketball imaginable. And, watching women play at that level holds value.

The cold truth is just that the NBA won’t increase pay and financial invenstment in the WNBA cuz they don’t see a path to get any type of return...They keep the league around for good PR and hopefully building female basketball fans so they can still be interested when the NBA season comes around...whatever they putting into it is exactly what they think all that is worth

The cold truth is just that the NBA won’t increase pay and financial invenstment in the WNBA cuz they don’t see a path to get any type of return...They keep the league around for good PR and hopefully building female basketball fans so they can still be interested when the NBA season comes around...whatever they putting into it is exactly what they think all that is worth

Agreed on that as well. It's a write off for them, and some good PR. There is no reason to invest in it though. To give you an idea how little the NBA actually cares about the WNBA, one of the best franchises is in Seattle. You know, the city that they abandoned. We're going on Year 11 of no NBA team here, yet the best WNBA franchise is probably Seattle. They destroyed the league last year, and only injuries kept them from doing it again. The NBA can't legitimately promote a team from Seattle without looking like cowards.

I've been to one Storm game and the product was real poor. Obviously the athleticism difference compared to the NBA is massive. But everything else like promotion, production, crowd, etc. Just felt 3rd rate. Also it's not like women's soccer here where we even get excited for the Olympics or women's international play in general. I just dont see the WNBA ever succeeding like they want it to. I could see it dying in 5 years or so.

MLS is an interesting comparison to the WNBA, both started around the same time and have had completely different trajectories. i think i read MLS franchises are worth over 200 million now.
Women soccer players dope af though. The difference in athleticism between the men and women is less apparent in the sport of soccer. And quite a few of them are attractive af, so it appeals more to men. It's fewer and farther between in women's hoops., Both in the clear athleticism difference and the attractive aspect...a lot of the women look like straight up men..and that's the look they're going for. Hard to market that to straight dudes.

Do people not realize that the Warriors played in San Francisco for quite some time? Not sure I get the tone of this message. Yes, they left Oakland, get over it.

Hood mentality of a lot of the HARDCORE fans that supported the Warriors before they won rings and even before the BDiddy and JRich era teams.

Females don't like basketball at all. It's way more females that will sit and watch football over basketball.

Females don't like basketball at all. It's way more females that will sit and watch football over basketball.

And if we gon keep it all the way a buck, women don't really support women like that. It's cool to say it for social media, but when they can really put them dollars up or..say..votes for that matter....they like ' women coo, but..nahhhhhh I don't really like dat'

Yea football is more of an “event”...one game a week, n it’s usually early and like a mini party every Sunday...They like that , it’s easier to follow too since it’s less games

Chicks don’t wanna sit and watch an NBA game on a Tuesday night at 7pm :lol: ...taking em to a game never fails tho, nobody says no to that

Damn, Tilman picking sides. Not a good look

I can understand him distancing himself, but now he picking sides

If the NBA let's this happen it basically contradicts the message that they have been portraying for years now. They're the "American Sports League that cares about human rights"... This firing happens and that no longer is the case.

Do people not realize that the Warriors played in San Francisco for quite some time? Not sure I get the tone of this message. Yes, they left Oakland, get over it.
As a bay area native, even I realize that a move from Oakland back to SF means alot and is devastating to a certain demographic of the true fan base. To many true warriors fans from the run tmc days etc etc, they understand that the new arena and move across the bridge is the end in a sense. Out, are the last bit of rawkus fans that still could afford to see the games...in, are skyrocketing ticket prices, more traffic, horrible parking and tech yuppies that can afford to go, but aren't really true fans.

This ain't the 80s and the warriors aren't moving back to the cow palace. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom