THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Morey messing up Tilman's money...it's a business at the end of the day. Not hard to understand why dude is liking those IG posts.

Reactions: OTG
I was growing tired of Morey a bit in recent times but the reaction he's getting is wild right now. I understand and am not surprised at China's response but his own owner seemingly not backing him is pretty disappointing. It'll be very telling to see what the NBA does as a result.

NBA toed the line on this well.

About as well as they could have done, IMO, which is not to say I love it. But Chinese support of the NBA has been too huge for the league to actually, expressly back Morey in this situation.

As it was pointed out on twitter, Pop and Kerr routinely make statements regarding social issues here in the states. What complicates matters w/ the Morey issue is the money tied into the Chinese market.

Morey probs should've watched the latest episode of South Park before he unchained his twitter fingers. Major business relies on the Chinese market because of how large it is. You dont want to piss off 1.4 billion people...even if your opinion is fair and just. Hell, put your phone in airplane mode and type it out if you want. Scream it at the top of your lungs in your crib. But don't put that out on the world wide web b. You wild'n

I was growing tired of Morey a bit in recent times but the reaction he's getting is wild right now. I understand and am not surprised at China's response but his own owner seemingly not backing him is pretty disappointing. It'll be very telling to see what the NBA does as a result.

Owners gonna go w/ whoever brings in the most money. They don't care bout anything else honestly.

As it was pointed out on twitter, Pop and Kerr routinely make statements regarding social issues here in the states. What complicates matters w/ the Morey issue is the money tied into the Chinese market.

The issues they attack are a little more on brand for the league

And also the people they are fighting let white men who attack them for the most part just die in the wind.. it’s when other folks attack them when they get worked up

Like with the nfl

Morey resigns at the end of the season if Tilman doesn't fire him first.

Houston is a hotbed for stories this season.

I wish Morey did not delete the tweet though. A wrong move on his end tweeting that given all the Chineese connection that Houston has but it was the right stand. I wish some of the players take a stand with him , cant really blame them if they dont though.

The NBA moved the all star game over a bathroom issue. This incident is much bigger than that and the NBA won't dare do anything Tillman sucks but the NBA is also all about the money as well

Morey probs should've watched the latest episode of South Park before he unchained his twitter fingers. Major business relies on the Chinese market because of how large it is. You dont want to piss off 1.4 billion people...even if your opinion is fair and just. Hell, put your phone in airplane mode and type it out if you want. Scream it at the top of your lungs in your crib. But don't put that out on the world wide web b. You wild'n

what's wrong with doing the morally correct thing though. You saying he should have been silent when it comes to human beings freedom on this planet? I thought we're trying to get past that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom