THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Adam Silver isn’t the boss or owner of the NBA. He essentially works for the team owners to manage the league. That’s more than 30 people, many of whom who have business interests in China that go well beyond just what the league does there. So what Silver does in regard to China is really a lot more complicated than whether he’s really “woke” or not.

They'd lose 1/3 to 2/3 imo.

Not done as in, no more nba, but done as in we're the **** and the urine.

NFL is a bad comparison because its the biggest sport in the US. Much biggest than the NBA, so it doesnt need china. Of course it would loooooove that viewership though. Nba is popular in South america and europe too, but not as much as futbol. It would take a huge hit losing the Chinese viewers. No other way to frame it.

I didn't say that the NBA is more popular than soccer throughout the rest of the world. I said that it's way more popular than the NFL, which is true. Combine that with the popularity it has in the US, and it would still do great. China stands for half the money the NBA is making? Get real.

I know that there is no way that the NBA as an organization will move its nose one inch away from the president of China's *** hole, but to say that they would be anywhere near "finito" if they actually did so is laughable.

Also, Adam Silver isn’t the boss or owner of the NBA. He essentially works for the team owners to manage the league. That’s more than 30 people, many of whom who have business interests in China that go well beyond just what the league does there. So what Silver does in regard to China is really a lot more complicated than whether he’s really “woke” or not.

This. I think people think Silver is the boss lol. He's the rep.

I didn't say that the NBA is more popular than soccer throughout the rest of the world. I said that it's way more popular than the NFL, which is true. Combine that with the popularity it has in the US, and it would still do great. China stands for half the money the NBA is making? Get real.

I know that there is no way that the NBA as an organization will move its nose one inch away from the president of China's *** hole, but to say that they would be anywhere near "finito" if they actually did so is laughable.

k. guess we'll just have to wait and see. you'd be surprised how much not just the nba, but us economy relies on the chinese markets and buying power.

There's a delicate balance between being woke and dealing with international relations. If you put the same standards of your country with other countries and act upon it, you will do more harm than good.

There are smarter, more effective ways to deal with dictatorships, tackling it head on and mentioning your political stance to the media is not the way to do it.

Everyone loses.

In a nutshell, why is this a big deal again, with the Rockets and China?

I know Morey said what he said, but why exactly was it so bad or why would that affect this and that?

In a nutshell, why is this a big deal again, with the Rockets and China?

I know Morey said what he said, but why exactly was it so bad or why would that affect this and that?

Morey's initial stance of standing with Hong Kong on pro democracy and human rights would affect the NBA getting that Chinese money, so they gonna smoke that mainland **** instead

Went back to watch the 14-15 season preview....Which was the last season the NBA was “excited” about the season, and had a “favorite” who they universally loved.

Nobody saw GSW coming. It was all Cavs this etc. This year, a playoff team with the right pieces of young stars, culture, team system, playoff success and failure, continuity, vets and emerging talent may be this years GSW.

I see the Nuggets being that :pimp:. Mike Malone is the only thing in the way.

Went back to watch the 14-15 season preview....Which was the last season the NBA was “excited” about the season, and had a “favorite” who they universally loved.

Nobody saw GSW coming. It was all Cavs this etc. This year, a playoff team with the right pieces of young stars, culture, team system, playoff success and failure, continuity, vets and emerging talent may be this years GSW.

But Myrie was INJURED!!!

Also gotta mention that the Nets' co-owner is Chinese.....you know he was going to raise hell the moment he got wind of Morey's words. Adam Silver is in between a rock and a hard place really

Also gotta mention that the Nets' co-owner is Chinese.....you know he was going to raise hell the moment he got wind of Morey's words. Adam Silver is in between a rock and a hard place really

He's Taiwanese, so he should be on Morey's side lol

Wtf did tsia's letter even say?

Edit: Idk what he said was so wrong. Someone enlighten me.

LET IT FLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom