THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
#TBT

EWJZ-a9XQAAYqCv

EWJZ-bMXsAIWvUL

Haven't heard or seen from Romero since he was dropping those ICDC college bars :lol:

Tatum has had success shooting a 2 motion shot P C H P C H

Yep. CP3 is another 2 motion guy that's a good 3pt shooter. Larry Bird (although on limited volume relatively speaking)

I'm not saying it can't be done, and there are certainly exceptions, but EYE just wouldn't look at Jordan's technique and think "oh he could be a 45% 3pt shooter" like Bill Simmons or some of the other people have said this week about him shooting 3's. And to me, Jordan's form was more severe as far as two motion shots go. It's a classic two motion sling shot that to me makes it unlikely that he'd be in the high 30's as a shooter.

The first 2 were already damn good so looking real forward to the rest.

Been binging enough shows during the quarantine already so kinda been down to catch the docuseries the regular way as it airs since it's pretty much been the only new sports content we've had to look forward to the last month+ :lol:

Respect to those who've already caught the rest of the eps and are keeping the thread spoiler free :nthat:

Yep. CP3 is another 2 motion guy that's a good 3pt shooter. Larry Bird (although on limited volume relatively speaking)

I'm not saying it can't be done, and there are certainly exceptions, but EYE just wouldn't look at Jordan's technique and think "oh he could be a 45% 3pt shooter" like Bill Simmons or some of the other people have said this week about him shooting 3's.

Brandon Ingram shot the ball well too. Look at Khris Middleton. And of course there’s the gawd dirk.

i don’t think you can speculate his efficiency because of his shooting motion There are guys with picture perfect form that aren’t efficient

Damn I really got through all 8 episodes I'm an idiot.

But without spoiling it, I think the next six are way better than the first two.

probably an unpopular opinion, but I wasn't a fan of the first ep. 2nd was a little better, but i don't like how often they jump around.

i'd prefer this story told linearly.

This dude Dray doesn't know when to stop :lol:

Can only imagine the level of success Charles would've had playing with 2 of the top 5 shooters ever being a superior scorer and rebounder.

Dray prides himself on his versatility and ball distribution but he barely averages more assists than Charles did in an era where bigs weren't expected to be do much playmaking :lol:

no draymond, him scoring more points literally does mean he had more impact on the game than you.

through their first 8 seasons PTS/REB/AST/STL/BLK:
draymond - 9/7/5/1.4/1.1
barkley - 23.3/11.6/3.7/1.7/1.0

draymond is a great role player who happened to play with steph, klay, and KD, but this is exactly what i'm talking about when people let team achievements dictate player comparisons (cc: DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican )

Draymond Green isn't on the same historical tier as Charles Barkley.

He shouldn't be talking back about career accomplishments.

He can win 500 rings and still not have the clout to talk back.

Two different levels.

But I blame yall (and the media) for this because yall push the, "Rings over everything" narrative.

probably an unpopular opinion, but I wasn't a fan of the first ep. 2nd was a little better, but i don't like how often they jump around.

i'd prefer this story told linearly.
Those two were probably formatted in the way that they were to serve as a background for people that were born in 1990 and later.

The Ringer's Bill Simmons is joined by Chad Ford to revisit the 2003 NBA draft and discuss some of the subplots and legends from that draft class before redrafting the top 14 lottery picks.

2003 Redraftables: LeBron Arrives, Darko vs. Melo, Wade The Sleeper + the First “Modern” NBA Draft with Chad Ford | Book of Basketball 2.0 from Book of Basketball 2.0 | Podbay https://podbay.fm/podcast/1483525141/e/1587500959

Just listened to this. I don’t get why they are being so dismissive of Chris Kaman. Especially once they get later in the lotto. Dude made a damn all star game. Was a solid player. Definitely better than damn James Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom