THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I be at James Harden house, I’m all in Houston, in the mix
I’m talkin' ‘bout spare time in New York, I buy floor seats to watch the Knicks
And I don’t even know no players
I just wanna show off my new drip and put my chains in layers
I might just stand up and go crazy, someone make the lay-up

D4E5A6E8-0B00-46D5-BD16-BDA587EDF153.gif

nick. nick. :lol: 🔥🔥

I just don’t understand what y’all want Yuckmouth to say in this situation.

“Yes Chuck you’re right I’m just a glue guy”

Just listened to this. I don’t get why they are being so dismissive of Chris Kaman. Especially once they get later in the lotto. Dude made a damn all star game. Was a solid player. Definitely better than damn James Jones.

The fact Nick Collison's name never came up is inexcusable. Chad Ford picked Darko at #14 because of "potential". The point of these podcasts is that we have full careers worth of hindsight. You can't honestly tell me you'd rather have Darko, who played for six teams over ten years, than Nick Collison, who was a solid backup PF, great teammate, and played 14 seasons with the same franchise. Also, Collison's peak seasons were better than anything Darko ever did.

Speaking of jumpshots, was just listening to that 03' Redraftables and they say Bosh was like a much better Sam Perkins at the latter part of his career. I think that's an accurate comparison. Still amazed me Sam was able to get that slow shot off and be as accurate as he was. Sam's release seemed painfully slow but he made buckets.

They invited Big Smooth to participate in the three-point contest one year. It didn't not go well lol. Still love Big Smooth. That dude would thrive today.

Those who remember this about me before, I used to have such a vitriol for one Bean, and it started with this guy. I was all about some Eddie Jones, man, and when it came time to let EJ walk and push the chips all in towards Kobe, I wasn't with it.

I wanted him to get a championship so bad somehow.

IIRC, wasn’t Eddie the main mentor for Kobe his 1st couple years in the NBA? I recall them being somewhat close because of the Philly connection.

IIRC, wasn’t Eddie the main mentor for Kobe his 1st couple years in the NBA? I recall them being somewhat close because of the Philly connection.
DUDE!!!! My boy back then was this guy Louie. We always noticed how tight Jones and Kobe were, and EEEYYYYEEE KEEEPPPTTTT SAAAAYYYIIINNNGGG... "I'm not sure Eddie knows he's EFFING TRAINING HIS REPLACEMENT."

Oh it aggravated the fire out of me. Louie didn't see it like I did back then. He didn't think Eddie would ever be out. Thought IIIFFFF Kobe really was 'it' (neither one of us really thought it), then Eddie would just head up the second unit. I knew that wasn't happening. I just knew it. I knew he was training his replacement. I mean, we've all done it, so whatever. I'ma maintenance tech at a Hilton, and the guy who trained me back in Dec/Jan/Feb, he knew I was next. I'll end up doing the same eventually.

I just didn't like the idea of Eddie... out. :frown: And I guess I never forgave Kobe for that till like 2014/15ish if we're being honest.

DUDE!!!! My boy back then was this guy Louie. We always noticed how tight Jones and Kobe were, and EEEYYYYEEE KEEEPPPTTTT SAAAAYYYIIINNNGGG... "I'm not sure Eddie knows he's EFFING TRAINING HIS REPLACEMENT."

Oh it aggravated the fire out of me. Louie didn't see it like I did back then. He didn't think Eddie would ever be out. Thought IIIFFFF Kobe really was 'it' (neither one of us really thought it), then Eddie would just head up the second unit. I knew that wasn't happening. I just knew it. I knew he was training his replacement. I mean, we've all done it, so whatever. I'ma maintenance tech at a Hilton, and the guy who trained me back in Dec/Jan/Feb, he knew I was next. I'll end up doing the same eventually.

I just didn't like the idea of Eddie... out. :frown: And I guess I never forgave Kobe for that till like 2014/15ish if we're being honest.

Shaq probably bears some responsibility too. Not saying he asked for guys to get traded, but get the sense he didn’t stick up for too many people after they lost to the Jazz in the WCF in 1998. Seemed like he stopped trusting Eddie and NVE.

But I guess it all worked out for LAL in the end.

Last edited:
I just looked this up:

Eddie barely missed out on 2 rings

He was traded from LAL to the Hornets, the following season LAL won a ring
He was traded from Heat to Grizzlies, the following season MIA won a ring
He signed back with Miami the year after MIA won a ring but they failed to make the playoffs that year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom