THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I misremembering in the criticism for Eddie was that he was soft and disappear too often? Besides Kobe's and Wade's presence, I think that's a reason why the Lakers and Heat traded him.

IIRC, wasn’t Eddie the main mentor for Kobe his 1st couple years in the NBA? I recall them being somewhat close because of the Philly connection.

totally. i often think back to what could've been for eddie jones career and a true appreciation of his game had he remained with the lakers and shared in some of those successes with kobe

Am I misremembering in the criticism for Eddie was that he was soft and disappear too often? Besides Kobe's and Wade's presence, I think that's a reason why the Lakers and Heat traded him.
Yeah, was a kid but I remember Jones and Van Exel ghosting against Utah the year before the lockout. Looking back at game logs, it seems like it's confirmed

Also look at Jones' shooting numbers the lockout year he got traded mis season. Yikes

totally. i often think back to what could've been for eddie jones career and a true appreciation of his game had he remained with the lakers and shared in some of those successes with kobe
It would have been interesting to see if they never traded for Rice and Eddie got to play under Phil. I don't think it was in the cards though, Shaq knew what he wanted/needed

Tbh I think it was a rare situation where it was actually a benefit to the offense to get rid of a talent, capable shot creator like Eddie for a spot up guy like Rice. Gave Kobe more room to operate- he was already chucking everything with Eddie anyway 😂 I want to go back to the Forum Kobe days... I swear he was shooting any and EVERY thing with no regard

You’re not misremembering, but that criticism might not have been entirely fair either.

EJ was a pretty young player the whole time he was with the Lakers. He was figuring things out. If I‘m remembering right, he was really good in the 98 playoffs until the Jazz series. And the Jazz just kicked the Lakers asses that year. Was the progression to be expected with a young team. Plus, Del Harris wasn’t the guy. Phil was the real difference in the later years, IMO.

giphy.gif

Sort of related to the discussion, I have no recollection whatsoever of Elden Campbell playing for a team other than the Lakers. I remember Van Exel with the Nuggets and Mavs. I remember Eddie Jones with the Hornets and Heat. I don’t remember anything about Elden Campbell after the Lakers at all.

Sort of related to the discussion, I have no recollection whatsoever of Elden Campbell playing for a team other than the Lakers. I remember Van Exel with the Nuggets and Mavs. I remember Eddie Jones with the Hornets and Heat. I don’t remember anything about Elden Campbell after the Lakers at all.

He was on the Pistons bench full of solid dudes.

All that "heart and soul of the team" **** got Dray really feeling hisself
The sad truth is Dray looked at Step and Klay after losing game 7 in the finals and called KD from the parking lot saying they wouldn’t win another one if he didn’t join....Then convinced Klay and Curry to beg KD to Join.
If it wasn’t for Dray begging who knows if Warriors win two more chips. Dray is the real Mvp

So we making up lies now?

check the game logs

Klay missed 1 game

Boogie also missed 1 game

:lol: at make up lies
Calm down Susan I asked a question, I know he got hurt and didn't know when.
Also :lol: at you listing Boogie and Iggy as some sort of huge contributors regardless
And they closed the series out against a depleted roster regardless.

The fact Nick Collison's name never came up is inexcusable. Chad Ford picked Darko at #14 because of "potential". The point of these podcasts is that we have full careers worth of hindsight. You can't honestly tell me you'd rather have Darko, who played for six teams over ten years, than Nick Collison, who was a solid backup PF, great teammate, and played 14 seasons with the same franchise. Also, Collison's peak seasons were better than anything Darko ever did.

Sorry, I'm not done with Chad Ford yet. I know his argument would be that Collison had his best years on bad late-Sonics/early-OKC teams. Well, what's Darko's resume? His best seasons were on two Minnesota teams that averaged 16 wins, and a sub-.500 Orlando team that got swept in the first round. Chad Ford is a con artist. And, he still doubled down on Darko beause he felt his "potential" still warranted a pick in 2020. We have the proof. He's a fraud who can't admit he was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom